taking FOREVER to produce...HELP!

• Thread starter username09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

username09

i've been growing some bagseed for quite some time now. just one female in a bubble bucket grown with flora series nutes. i grew the girl out, trained it, and switched the light cycle over 3 months ago. the plant is in a shed. the temps range from low 60's to high 80's (rarely that high but occasionally it happens). it's growing nicely but, it isn't producing. i've switched to just florabloom hoping that'lll help. i also went from 12/12 to 11/13 hoping the extra hour of darkness will change things. i've got over 900 watts of cfl's for this girl. she looks pretty and all but, she isn't producing. she's at a slow and steady grow. i dunno what to do. HELP!

i've got 6 clones i took from the plant awhile back. i grew them out hempi style and i'm going to put them in larger containers this week. i've had them on 12/12 for about a month now and they seem to be doing better with blooming than their mother. they're grown inside at normal temps with 300 watts of cfl's. i may find a hps light for these girls. the nutes are the same as i'm using with the mother.

anyway, i've tried to include everything i can think of about the mother and it's progress but, if you have anymore questions you feel may explain the progress please ask and i'll answer.

U

username09

i don't think. the plants are enclosed in the shed. not completely but, they're i've got them to where you can't see them when you open the shed door. it's almost like they're grown in a cabinet within the shed.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
12 weeks in bloom and nothing? pics?

sometimes bag seed is a score and other times it sux ass

U

username09

i started seeing the white hairs and got excited. now it's like it has stopped blooming. i just transplanted the clones today. gonna see how they turn out. really don't wanna just pull the cord on the mother. i've got a few jackhammer f2 seeds that i may start if these clones don't work out well.

when the temps started getting cold (low 50's) the plant slowed its growth until i added some heatlamps to the shed. now it stays warmer but, it still gets low at times. i'm hoping that it's still just too cold and is slowing things up. i'll try and get some pics for you guys.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

you cannot have any light leaks at all. alot of people even cover the 1 watt led on their ac or the small lights on power strips. the other option is bad genetics. have you grow out this exact strain before? seeing any seeds?

U

username09

havent grown this strain before. it was bagseed i was given when i decided to try hydro. i was told it was seed from a better smoke and that's why they were saved.

there may be light leak somewhere. i can't think of where but, anything is possible. i'm gonna see how these clones turn out. if i dont see anymore bud production within 2 weeks i'm gonna chop them and start my jackhammer.

Cort

Cort

Check for light leaks.

Climb inside your girls area when the sun is out, let your eyes adjust for a few and look around. If you can see light, so can your girl.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

seeing hermies anywhere?
theyre a sure sign of stress or light leaks

U

username09

no balls anywhere. jk but seriously i see no male flowers.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
are these plants from seed? did you veg them before you flipped them or did u do 12/12 from the start?

U

username09

yea the one not producing is from seed. i popped a few beans planning on finding a female and cloning it to start a perpetual grow so yea it's from seed. there is a window in the shed facing the east. during the day it's pretty dark. i'm thinking maybe in the mornings the sun may shine through the window. it may not even shine directly on the plants but, it could possibly hit the mylar somewhere and reflect onto the plants.

today i covered the window completely. before i had some black plastic over it and it may not have blocked out all the light. it wasn't that thick now that i'm thinking of it.

something i didn't include is that i've got heat bulbs on. they don't shine on the plants diretly but, they are in there. they're not exactly light bulbs tho. they're the bulbs that you use to keep reptiles warm. i dunno if you'd say they're infrared but, they are red colored glass bulbs and emit heat. the production was slow before the addition of them but, that's because of the very cold temps. before, it did seem like the plant was producing more pistils tho. could this be the problem?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

no light at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! not even a little
i cant see my fingers in front of my face when im in my room at night
if theres sunlight shining anywhere in the room your usually screwed
direct light does not matter
all my windows are covered with foam and then visqueen and then mylar
even the smallest light can cause huge problems with certain genetics
sour d and white widow r the big two ive herd alot of compaints about

Cort

Cort

no light at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! not even a little