Tall fabric pots vs regular fabric pots

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

Thinking about grabbing some taller pots to minimize space in a grow tent for my 11 girls does anybody have any experience with the difference between the two? From what I’ve read everybody says tall pots = taller plants, wide pots = bushier plants.. I’m about to transplant some clones from a 5x5 tall square plastic pot any recommendations?

Here are the 2 tall and a regular pots I’ve been eyeballing, I want to go from the 5x5 to either a 5, 7 or 10 gallon to avoid transplanting in the future

Tall fabric pots vs regular fabric pots
Tall fabric pots vs regular fabric pots 2
Miked1988

Miked1988

I'd say get both and run an experiment. Boost the short plants so they start at the same height and see how differently they grow.
Thanks for the input that is def an option! I was also wondering if there is any negatives I would have to worry about with the tall pots and the root systems growing.. i was also checking out these square fabric pots I’ve found.. I’m unfamiliar with most fabric pots (other than smart pots) so I’m just weighting my options

F940972E AFDE 4482 9478 DF6BCCCEC625
Deke

Deke

Cannabis is a tap root plant, right? So it makes sense to have height over width. I wish I would have gotten some 5gal tall pots over the reg wider ones I have. Especially if the phenos you grow tend to not be bushy plants you can get more under your existing lights.

Miked1988

Miked1988

Cannabis is a tap root plant, right? So it makes sense to have height over width. I wish I would have gotten some 5gal tall pots over the reg wider ones I have. Especially if the phenos you grow tend to not be bushy plants you can get more under your existing lights.
That’s what I was thinking with the tap root but what about clones/fibrous root system I wonder if tall pots would make a difference? Or if theirs any neg effects it could have on anything compared to reg pots..

Moshmen

Moshmen

Course my memory is off, lol but you need both, yes tap root depth , but a wider root base helps support a wide canopy? Correct? That’s a question not advice? Just tryin to learn

Miked1988

Miked1988

I ended up trying both but I used a hard plastic tall pot instead of fabric.. in all reality I didn’t notice much of a difference I noticed the plants in tall pots had a stronger and thicker stock and was slightly bigger than “some” but not all.. I rotate between hard, soft pots 3gl and 5gl I guess it just depends on the genetics of the cut or seed.. but now I rather have more space so I’m just using 3gl pots

Deke

Deke

Found some 3 gal that are tall. I'm using them in this new grow. Seeds were planted yesterday. So we will see. Using the 3gal will help put more under the lights for me.

kellogs7064

kellogs7064

yeah i guess it would just depend on what you're trying to achieve with the plants. If you are trying to maximize floor space the tall ones im sure would be fine. I've seen people grow massive plants in 1.5 gal pots, as long as you are feeding them properly you can make do with smaller pot sizes

Miked1988

Miked1988

yeah i guess it would just depend on what you're trying to achieve with the plants. If you are trying to maximize floor space the tall ones im sure would be fine. I've seen people grow massive plants in 1.5 gal pots, as long as you are feeding them properly you can make do with smaller pot sizes
I just transplanted this 3footer that was in a 1/2 gallon pot.. I was surprised but it kept growing I couldn’t imagine how big it could’ve gotten if it was in a 1gl! Nice fat stock pretty good structure and it was a clone.. All that 1gl = 1 foot of plant growth is bs.. I’ve grown and seen some monsters in very small pots!

66B89AF8 6843 4810 9A9E 7917450FFE5B
61BC2F93 56C3 475C B165 5D073CF33363
0AE78EF6 1CDB 4298 82B9 59FE590B583F
5ECD8AD5 CEA9 4C1E B3D2 CAEC4F1B8332

Latest posts

Top Bottom