Tap or RO when spraying

• Thread starter Jinx7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Hold up before you spray that stuff on your plants.

I wouldn’t seriously that stuff has nasty stuff in it let alone the extortionate price I just saw on Amazon £90 for 32oz the smallest they had

What bugs are you trying to get rid off I’m sure I know a lot healthier method

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Just a quick question, when spraying your plants with preventative, in my case lost coast plant therapy, does it matter what water to use?
I believe the answer could be complicated. One factor would be dissolved substances in the water. Pure water is known to cross cell membranes more easily than does water with high mineral content. I learned that in chemistry class many years ago. Of course, we're not spraying water alone. We use water as a carrier for whatever we are delivering to the plants, which is likely also dissolved. So, an assumption might be that pure water, such as RO water, might be more effective than water that already has substances dissolved in it.

That isn't an endorsement for use of pure water, however. It's only something to consider. I use tap water that has been exposed to the atmosphere for at least several hours (usually longer) and that is close to the temperature of the inside of the tent. After the leaves are dry, I check for residue on them. If there's a lot, I spray with pure water to clean off the leaves or allow them to absorb the residual substances, especially nutrients. I'll add that the water where I live is river water from the mountains, and that tends to have few dissolved minerals. Water from deep wells, on the other hand, tends to have a higher mineral content. It's good to know your water.

B

BuffNuts

Don't grow weed if you have to spray poisons. Go sell fake pills, do your shady shit anywhere else dude.

J

Jinx7

Hold up before you spray that stuff on your plants.

I wouldn’t seriously that stuff has nasty stuff in it let alone the extortionate price I just saw on Amazon £90 for 32oz the smallest they had

What bugs are you trying to get rid off I’m sure I know a lot healthier method
Im in week 8.. got 1 more week before cut.. started to get pm

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Milk is helpful when facing pm In the early stages.

There’s a few threads around about using milk to fight pm

S

somegrower

Just a quick question, when spraying your plants with preventative, in my case lost coast plant therapy, does it matter what water to use?
Check your municipal water report. If your water is clean, and the PPM is relatively low (less than 300 ppm) I wouldn’t have any reservations about using it with lost coast. Lost Coast itself does leave a residue, though. Some of the stuff found in good clean tap water are great for your plants. Start with looking at your water report and go from there.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

late pm is not fun, i was told a peroxide mix is the best thing. It was also recommended to use a peroxide wash post harvest. Let me find my old post and link you to it. Whatever you do, dont drop your humidity, that will increase the spread

S

somegrower

Im in week 8.. got 1 more week before cut.. started to get pm
I bought a book called Clean Growing that recommends a product called Zerotol for this purpose. The book and the product label state that it can be applied the day of harvest. It is a mix of peroxide and acetic acid. I bought some, and though I haven’t sprayed any flowering plants with it I have treated veg plants with it to get comfortable using it. It’s also a great surface cleaner and can be used as a root drench if needed

Latest posts

Top Bottom