Tap root lifted seed out of pod

• Thread starter Holden9cox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Holden9cox

Holden9cox

One of my seeds tap root lifted the seed out of a aero garden pod. I can’t push it back down should I transfer it to soil of will it be fine
Tap root lifted seed out of pod

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yes, transfer it and it should be fine. Is there no way to adjust the collar (or whatever is holding the seedling)?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

One of my seeds tap root lifted the seed out of a aero garden pod. I can’t push it back down should I transfer it to soil of will it be fine View attachment 1105421
Take the shell off carefully, then the membrane.

How would a tap root push a seed out? Im gonna say the shell is ust stuck on the sprout. Notice the stem turning black. The leafs want to open but but they stuck shell wont allow it to recieve light.

Holden9cox

Holden9cox

Take the shell off carefully, then the membrane.

How would a tap root push a seed out? Im gonna say the shell is ust stuck on the sprout. Notice the stem turning black. The leafs want to open but but they stuck shell wont allow it to recieve light.
How do I take the shell off. This is my first time growing so I don’t know much

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

How do I take the shell off. This is my first time growing so I don’t know much
I used the tip of a nail and worked a half the rest of the way open and the other half popped off with it. Then used the nail to pull the sack off the plant. . she was open and sucking light within minutes.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

That happens often, dont pull it off, mist it to keep moist and it will eventually fall off.

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

I also usually try and remove the shell very gently with my finger nails, be warned though, you may end up with some funky looking leaves/cotyledons if you do. They are so delicate you often damage them removing the shell. It's not really a big issue if this happens, they grow out of it pretty quick. Its only the cotyledons and/or the first set of leaves that look a bit deformed and usually the next set is fine.

I have also been told that using a spray bottle set to a solid jet works well. Just blast the shell from the underside and the water shoots it off. This may be a gentler way of doing it, I have been waiting for a seed to do this so I can try it and lately none of my beans have done it. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom