Tap Watar With Nftg Or Ro Water?

• Thread starter snoplow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
snoplow20

snoplow20

Hi fellow farmers! I am receiving the nectar line tomorow and i have a question for users of the line. Do i need to purchase a RO filter or can i get away with using my tap water. Wont the chlorine kill the beneficial microbes? Or am i wrong? Is the nectar line really that organic?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

if You get the water in buckets 24 hours before you need to use it virtually all chlorine will evaporate out of the water.

be sure to check the ph of the water.

Hi fellow farmers! I am receiving the nectar line tomorow and i have a question for users of the line. Do i need to purchase a RO filter or can i get away with using my tap water. Wont the chlorine kill the beneficial microbes? Or am i wrong? Is the nectar line really that organic?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Vitamin c neutralizes chlorine...you can distill it.... chlorine will kill bens.... but it takes a lot of it to kill everything.

NHWhites

NHWhites

Tap is fine. Just let it sit for at least a few hours, with 24 being ideal, to let the chlorine gas off. This is also assuming there is chlorine in your tap. I think you could call your local water dept and ask about the water

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Depends on your water source. The water source I have has chloramine which is more stable and takes longer to evap. I switched to a hydro logic and my water problems went away. You could always just try it and see what happens or, get a filter and know your in the clear.
http://nutristart.com/does-your-water-contain-chloramine/
"In hydroponic applications chloramine has been shown to impede the growth and production of plants. When watering with chlorinated water the majority of the chlorine will evaporate after 8 or so hours, but chloramine takes days to evaporate, meanwhile working to kill off good bacteria found in the soil, and necessary for healthy plant growth."

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I've seen scott in videos recommend tap and say their products are designed for tap specifically. That said, if my tap was over 200ppm i would use ro+calmag regardless of recommendation. Go to your city's website and try to find a report on your tap water or just ppm it to make sure it's good. If it is, no need to use ro.

banditxiv

banditxiv

Just buy a filter that removes those chemicals.they sell filters for that.only around 80-100 for a good one.its not R.O system .

snoplow20

snoplow20

By the way. Been using my tap water with success so far. Ph of my tap is 8.4. Ppms is 134. Running the nectar simple set at half of the recommended early veg dose. Ph sits at 6.3 after mixing and ppms is around 400. The plants are really greening up nice and growing vigorously.

banditxiv

banditxiv

One like this will work .u won't need to add cal mag just add your nutrients.
Screenshot 20180107 184108

snoplow20

snoplow20

I wouldnt think calmag would be necessary with nftg at all considering it is a calcium based nutrient line. I might be wrong though. Wouldnt be the first time.

brazel

brazel

Wont the chlorine kill the beneficial microbes? Or am i wrong? Is the nectar line really that organic?
Chlorine nor chloramine is not an issue for a no till organic grow that's properly built. Or just real... look at the yards while driving down the street
It's gotta have that good humus!

Use a small boy with kdf

No it's not really that organic, nice question high five

Top Bottom