Tap water ppm and ph value

• Thread starter jensen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jensen

Hello

I just wanted to ask if some of you can tell me the ppm and ph of your tap water and what you consider acceptable.

My tap water is 40ppm and 8.5 in ph. I have tested both with multiple meters and the ph i also tested with the old fashion way. (3 drops of ph fluid, shake well and compare color)

I think i have quite clean tap water then and do not need any other water ?

any input appreciated

Rushoe

Rushoe

I would sat you are golden bro mine sits at 150/200ppm and it works fine used it this run on some outdoor it did very well just gotta let it sit out for a day before u use it is the only down fall so its bit harder to work with.

haqndyman

haqndyman

mine is 400 ppm and 8.0 ph.,,. you r lucky ppm is so low!

J

jensen

Thanks for your input :)

I let mine stand for a day also. So it will get the right temperature etc. When i fill a 5 gallon bucket of cold water it takes quite some time to go to room temperature so i have to wait anyway.

So 40 ppm is very good. i am glad to hear that :)

BTW, is it normal that the ph is that high? does the ph get higher the less ppm the tap water has ?

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

mine is 400 ppm and 8.0 ph.,,. you r lucky ppm is so low!

8.6pH and almost 450-500ppm's here!

Works fine after ph'ing and just stay light on my nutes....I never seem to need CalMg anymore after switching from RO to my tap...Chock'a'block full'a minerals I'd say!

J

jensen

I guess i am quite lucky with my tap water then. Thanks again for your input guys :)

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

U have great water I sure would love 2 use ur water.. Mine is 300-400 ppm who no's what the Hell is in my water.. U need 2 use RO water instead..

Latest posts

Top Bottom