Tap water with Tall Boy dechlorinator ...

• Thread starter UC Quest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UC Quest

UC Quest

I am doing all my research in getting everything ready so when my UC system gets here, I ll be good to go :)

My tap water after it goes through a Tall Boy Dechlorinator, comes out at 140 ppm.

I read alot about using RO water in a UC, only then to add CAL MAG and bring PPM's back up to 200 ppm.

My tap water is among the best in the country. Will I be ok using my dechlorinated tap water with a PPM of 140, or do I need to still go the RO Water route and add back CAL MAG ?

My UC Quest continues ...

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

i use my tap water without any filter and havent had any problems.. my tap comes out at 160ppm..

W

Worm254

My tap comes out at 200ppm. I use a simple RV carbon water filter ($25 at home depot) with no problems.

Max Frost

Max Frost

I use tap that is out-gassed for at least 36 hours before use to allow the chlorine to evaporate from the water. I'm a dirtbagger and have no idea what the ppm level is. I'd like to know and am trying to find out where/how to get an analysis done, but I don't think it's even really necessary. My girls do just fine with it so far.

Best,

Max :wacky:

UC Quest

UC Quest

Thanks everyone for confirming I'll be just fine without RO water.

I can't wait for my adventure to begin :)

Max Frost

Max Frost

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say I'm confirming anything. There's no way to know what is specifically in YOUR water, but as a rule, tap will work just fine as long as you remove the chlorine through filtration or out-gassing. I'd sure try it before spending the bucks. My last set-up was much larger than what I'm running now, and I used RO water from the start in those rooms. I really can't see any appreciable difference between the RO and the tap I'm using now. If you find you're having problems down the line, you can always add it in at any time. My guess is that you'll be fine though.

Best of luck!

Max :wacky:

Camnibus

Camnibus

Here in Detroit, it's not so much the chlorine as the chloramine, and a tall boy filter works perfectly.

UC Quest

UC Quest

Thanks guys for sharing all your experiences with me. I am so glad I found THC Farmer with it's Undercurrent area :)

My UC Quest continues ... :)

UC Quest

UC Quest

Does anyone know if declorinators remove calcium or magnesium from tap water ?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Does anyone know if declorinators remove calcium or magnesium from tap water ?
Did you ever get your answer? I am looking into this now. However, I run the KDF85 Catalytic Carbon Filter in my tall boy.

UC Quest

UC Quest

Hey Greenleaf, I am running the tall boy and tap water and all is good :)

My PPM's come out at 140 and I have yet to need any Calmag.

I am glad this worked out, as it was one less thing to have to purchase for my set up, and the amount of water that is being saved is a real bonus :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom