Taste Like Dirt

• Thread starter 5280HigH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

5280HigH

Whats up guys im new to THC farmer and growing myself (medicinally!)but im using a 250w HPS with soil and my last crop did really good and was healthy , smelled good and everything but after i harvested and cured the bud has kind of a soil dirt kinda taste to it what could the be ?

Im using Botanicare pure blend pro grow bloom and calmag, i flushed her out with 15gallons of PH'd water with humboldt nutrients royal flush added in the water about two weeks before harvest. then about four days before harvest i flushed her again with just PH'd water (same amout of water). IDK what went wrong anybody have any advice THanks .

5280HigH

Well it was durban poison and I don't think that the durban is very earthy the durban I had from a dispencary was good no earty taste

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Perhaps a longer cure might be in order, assuming it's not an earthy strain as GS suggests.

I

ibTheMan

yah ive grow good ass funk that wasnt great till about ah month cure. that goes for most weed. almost always gets better with time.

5280HigH

well. Thanks guys maybe ill just be paitent and try curing it longer next time

P

pure arghan

well. Thanks guys maybe ill just be paitent and try curing it longer next time
that will help.
the only thing i could advise would be not to ph your water when your flushing them out, ph up and down can give a taste, not much.
if posible use rain water to flush

G

Green Supreme

Perhaps a longer period of pure water at the end will help next time. Peace GS

homebrew420

homebrew420

That is odd. That Durban should be nice and lemonish, def not earthy. hard to say what went wrong on that one. Sid she still yield well? Maybe contact with some soil borne bacteria that gave it that flava.

Better luck next time homes

Peace

P

pure arghan

thinking over this and could have even been wot the plant has had in veg

that will help.
the only thing i could advise would be not to ph your water when your flushing them out, ph up and down can give a taste, not much.
if posible use rain water to flush

to give you my best help on this i should also say that wot you give the plant from veg to flower will determin the teast of your bud, for me i only give a veing plant organic fed cos in my experance in growing if i give a veging plant a cemical fed when in veg will give a teast to the bud when finished, when i say this the last time i gave a veging plant cemical fed was 7 years ago, i was geting good yeld with the cemical fed but had heard of canna's startup fed for soil and gave it a try, when i try'd it i got the same yeld but when i crop'd the bud i got a far nicer sweter bud and imo stronger smoke, if you have used cemical fed( when i say cmical fed i mean a fed that dose't say it's organic, any fed/nute bottle out there that say's its organic and is repetable is, if it dont say it, its made with cemicals ) when in veg this could be part to bleam in bad teast but as i say you need to look over your grow from start to finish to pin piont the problem, i know its not easy when somking your rewards, i wright down as much as i can to have somthing to look back on rather than relying of my beaked head at times
hope this helps and good luck with all your grow's :harvest:

M

Mallory Potbag

Sometimes when bud is gross tasting it could be from dirt, dust particles or lint or animal hair inside the bud. not saying your dirty but a tiny bit of or anything that landed on your bud would stick to it and your buds would grow over it making the dust be inside your buds resulting in a horrible taste and an occasional headache. i see a lot of growers who grow really really bomb plants but the only thing they mess up on is the cleanliness of their grow room. I call it Dog Hair Dream. hahahahahahahaha

Top Bottom