Taste

• Thread starter Xan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xan

Xan

Just gave a friend of mine some bud, he said it was good but hard a grassy taste to it, is this genetic or something I did?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just gave a friend of mine some bud, he said it was good but hard a grassy taste to it, is this genetic or something I did?
it was likely dried to fast. Curing will help a little but probably not get rid of it.

Xan

Xan

I dried for 12 days in 75degrees and 60% rh then in jars burping also with a boveda packs this was 3 months ago.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think @MIMedGrower is right that grassy taste has to do with chlorophyll. Drying it slowly allows that chlorophyll to break down through oxidization. If your plants still had dark green leaves at harvest that could explain it as the drying process even though was done properly may not have been enough to break down all that chlorophyll.

If not the drying and not overfed. No idea, maybe have his taste buds examined.

Sunday687

Sunday687

Ive also noticed when the plant is harvested to early even a couple weeks the flavors are just not there no matter what you do . i dry in 5 to 7 days and even without a cure its still very tasty. Than a few weeks later it just becomes delicious

Xan

Xan

Ive also noticed when the plant is harvested to early even a couple weeks the flavors are just not there no matter what you do . i dry in 5 to 7 days and even without a cure its still very tasty. Than a few weeks later it just becomes delicious
This was my fist grow, I think I now know buy looking at crystals . I had thought you has to have amber and not just all cloudy. starting to plan my next grow and I think i will do soil or coco with dry amendments . I would like to have a auto water system with a reservoir.
Looking for the least ,worry free system.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom