• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hello All,

I know I was lagging on this big time but I finally got around to testing tea vs. tea in fogger.

My fogger sounds like a shop vac and blows a fine mist. It is pretty gnarly to be honest and I did not think anything would survive. http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bg-flexalite-2600-fogger-p-1080.html

First, here is the tea as normal. Full concentrate, sample taken while airstone was on:

LOTS of life here. Really hard to comprehend how much to be honest.

Next, here is the tea after it had settled about 10 minutes. Sample taken from the top:

You can see there is not nearly as much spore action, but still a lot considering how tiny of a sample we are looking at (fraction of a millimeter). If you wait until about halfway through the video you can see a really lively little guy come in from the top left of the screen. I was fascinated with this one.

Finally, Here is the tea from the fogger:

First I tried it with 50/50 unsettled. I didn't get good results. Not a lot of movement and not a lot of critters IMHO. Then, I added 3 cups of full concentrated unsettled tea to what was already in the fogger. I was really pleased with the results. Looks pretty much like full concentrate tea, and lots of movement. So, in conclution I would say go with half UNSETTLED tea (STRAINED), and half non chlorinatd water.

I would say that instead of letting tea settle, it is better to bubble the shit out of it while you take it from the bucket, and pour it through a strainer to remove sediment. dilute 50/50 when spraying.

This is my opinion based only on observation and nothing else. Any comments or questions please feel free.

Happy fogging,

Cap

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Very good info.. Can't wait to pick up some of your bennies bro.. Keep up the good work..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Interesting. I recently picked up a fogger/atomizer and I was wondering what it might do to microbial life. I still prefer to use one of my diaphragm pump spray tanks, though.

HeadKracker

HeadKracker

what would be the disadvantage to using full strength tea in a fogger? .. i recently picked up a hudson atomizer fogger / sprayer and was wondering if it would be ok for the tea.. thanx for any info ..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
what would be the disadvantage to using full strength tea in a fogger? .. i recently picked up a hudson atomizer fogger / sprayer and was wondering if it would be ok for the tea.. thanx for any info ..

No disadvantage. Foggers work fine. I myself prefer a paint sprayer, because I like larger droplets and quicker coverage, without the harsh wind my fogger deploys.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

This is so good to know, thanks cap! I don't really even understand how the atomizer works but I love that thing. Can't wait until a better built model comes out I've broken three this year

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

If I was an outside dude then yeah. In a 12 x 12 space it's a little rough. I like to be gentle with my bitches. Especially the younger ones.

i get agro with it...12x12 might work from corner to corner if you held it over your head :woot:

nah but I definitely hear you on that, i've done some testing and you have to be three or four feet away before you blow fresh clones outta the dirt, but anything before that makes them root harder and stretch less if you do it on a regular basis.

Top Bottom