Tea, How do you make it?

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

From manure tea to weed tea I've seen some interesting recipes.

How to you mix it up - what is your recipe and why do you add the ingredients you do? What are the benefits of each ingredient and how/if do they work together?

What works for you?

mancorn

mancorn

It depends if you want a fungal or bacteria dominate tea. You're primarily trying to create microbes as opposed to supplying nutrient. Do a search on "AACT tea" and you'll find a ton of info.

I put the dry ingredients into an old nylon (leg) compost & worm castings, powdered kelp, and phosphate rock, then add the molasses for the sugar, and fish hydrolysate. Throw it in a 5 gallon bucket with some large air stones connected to an aquarium pump and let it brew for a couple days. You'll need to treat your water if it's from the city as it has chloramines, which won't break down from just aeration or letting sit. (You can get drops from the pet store for aquariums.)

Agree with Cuban about the books!

Mmmmmm... Yummy!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I'm using a standard horse manure tea. I fill up a 20 gallon tub with rain water and add a half 5 gal bucket of manure. I stir it twice a day. I take out 5 gallons which will make 20 gallons of tea. I'll add 5 gallons of tap water to refill the tub and another handful of manure. Just as in an aquarium you don't need to treat tap water if you're only replacing 25% or less.

I believe we need to treat the soil as living and feed the wee beasties within it as they are responsible for breaking down the organic matter which in turn makes nutrients available to the plants

My hope for this thread was to see what and why others were using and promote a discussion.

20190527 061157

Latest posts

Top Bottom