Tea strength

• Thread starter Norman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Norman

I recently made the switch to using teas for my feeding. I think I can notice a difference for the better but Im not positive. Is there any way to test the "strength" of my tea? Im new to the tea thing. I found a couple recipes on here posted by Guano and basically folllowed its direction. Any feedback would be super appreciated. Thanks and happy growing!

Norman

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not without several pieces of rather expensive equipment.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Sorry to hijack the thread!

I have a similar question. Yesterday, I decided I will slowly transition from about half organic/chems to mostly organic. There is much learning to be done, so I started a bit slowly. I decided to make an AACT, and I'm wondering if anyone could estimate the dilution ratio. I know this isn't fully organic, but I wanted to start with an AACT that could supply some vigor.

It's been bubbling about 24 hours now.

To 5 gallons I added:
8 tbsp Fox Farms Big Bloom
3-4 tsp Blackstrap Molasses
6 tsp Liquid Karma
1 Cap Maxicrop Seaweed
1/8 tsp PondZyme
3tsp Diamond Nectar
8cc's Great White Mycorrhizae
2 tbsp Rapid Start (b1 and yucca)

Any suggestions on additions to this tea? All of the dilution ratios I used *should* be fine for 5 gallons, but I am wondering if I should worry because the enzymes and chelate may make things too readily available and burn my babies.

M

mrbong73

phenotyper
That looks more like a nutrient tea rather than an aact since there is no compost or ewc to supply the microbes.
Not sure how big your plants are but you could start small like 1-2 cups per gallon of water and see how they do.
I'm sure they will like the nutrient boost.

mrb

phenotyper

phenotyper

Thanks for the quick reply Mr Bong. I was under the impression that the Big Bloom could at least partially supply the microbes, is that not correct? It has both earth worm castings and bat guano.

M

mrbong73

It's not likely. I suppose there could be some dormant microbes in there but without looking at it with a microscope it's just guessing.

There's nothing wrong with making nutrient teas for the sake of feeding your plants and the microbes that are already in the soil.
The Big Bloom is a good product as far as the listed ingedients. I have some but have not used it in awhile. I like that it has sul-po-mag in there.

mrb

M

mrbong73

we looked at EWC from the Hydro store under a microscope and there wasnt shit alive, we got some EWCing's from the Soil supply yard, And looked at it, OMFG! Shit was ALIVE!! Just a heads up!!

Good point. You have to start with something alive. Not all compost or ewc are created equal. Sourcing high quality or making your own is the way to go.

mrb

phenotyper

phenotyper

What quality and magnification of microscope would you recommend to view these beasties? Anything moderately priced ($100-$200?)

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

we looked at EWC from the Hydro store under a microscope and there wasnt shit alive, we got some EWCing's from the Soil supply yard, And looked at it, OMFG! Shit was ALIVE!! Just a heads up!!

GoD, what brand did you buy at the hydro store? Was there a brand on the soil supply's product? Thanks,

-TF

M

mrbong73

What quality and magnification of microscope would you recommend to view these beasties? Anything moderately priced ($100-$200?)

There's a couple options through this site. The cheapest one is $300. I think they are the same as what Tim Wilson has on his site.

Top Bottom