Teaching and learning.

• Thread starter bobismyfather
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

DSCN4622

The repositioned ultraponic setup. Loves the lights. White widow clones in the left row. love seeing all the clones 'praying' upwards.

DSCN4623

Auto Seeds UltraLemonHaze is starting to get heavy.

DSCN4625

White Widow, motherplant of the clones. Fimmed hard.

DSCN4627

DSCN4629

DSCN4630

The top of the White Widow mom plant. Yes, that looks like spider mites. I'll do a CO2 kill round tomorrow. The burnt leaves are from induction light.

DSCN4633

Pure Power Plant finishing fast and looking very sticky. Looks promising. One of the non auto plants.

DSCN4631

Close-up PPP.

DSCN4639

Close look at the on of the White Widow clone 'praying' upwards. Gorgeous.

DSCN4636

Close up of the (not very)Auto Ultra Lemon Haze. Ahum. Woohoo!!!!

DSCN4638

The full view of the new setup for the White Widow mother. It's a transplant into this system with rockwool clod. Luckily it was bursting at the seems with roots. Borrowed the watering system from a waterfarm. Hinged lid for easy access.

DSCN4626
DSCN4628
DSCN4632
DSCN4634
DSCN4635
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Well, I was reminded today of the futility of trying to hold the universe in my hands.
Then I shall just go nuts instead!

Considering the luke warm feelings over the quality of the thc harvested from autos, this is then the redressing of that issue by germinating everything in the seed storage that is not auto.

So these are 9 new strains :

Sannie's :
- Shackzilla
- Sugarpunch
- Madshack

Sensi Seed Skunk #1

Green House Seeds Kaia Kush

Dutch Passion Frisian Dew

Emerald Seeds Super Sour OG

Reserva Privada Kandy Kush

Sweet n Sour Spliff Seeds

DSCN4642
DSCN4641
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Just transferred the 100% germinated seeds. All 13. For the second time, the Sannie's Seeds are sinkers and open slow. But after seeing the gorgeous purple flower on the Killing Fields go I am sure looking forward to the new varieties.

The seeds popped really fast and are emerging with lightning speed. So far i have yet to encounter a dud from ANY of the seed banks and producers. Which is remarkable considering the reports you read.
Sannie's shipping was very good. All others were good, except maybe www.marijuana-seeds.nl which I suspect is a go between for sensi seeds. They brazenly shipped in breeder pack in a bubble wrap envelope. Very loud rattling noise in an envelope from the Netherlands.

I've since learned my lessons. Like : it's legal in the EU to purchase seeds. And outside that to not order from the Netherlands.

Sorry for not including images in posts anymore. But it's just not safe to use Javascript.

DSCN4643
DSCN4644
DSCN4646
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

All the seeds are in root riot cubes. I kept the trays and recut them into 2x3. The trays sit inside a pyrex dish that then sits in the "water bath" that is the bottom of these heated mini hot houses. Last round I was not happy with the control over the moisture level in the cubes. With the double trays i can now leave plenty water in the bottom without the cubes aspirating all the water and drowning the seeds. Seems to work a treat.

Also there seems to be a genetical aberration coming up. The Spliff Seeds - Sweet 'n Sour OG has shot up two sprouts! It looks fantastic and this might be a mother plant keeper! A lovely bonsai candidate.

DSCN4649
DSCN4652
DSCN4653
DSCN4654
DSCN4656
DSCN4659
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

The first shots are of a Sannie's Killing Fields. Wow, that is a gorgeous color purple. It's still growing aggressively during bloom. Very cool genetics.

The White Widow clones are still going super strong. Even the plant from seed that was completely yellow has recovered and is strong now.

The mother plant however was not impressed with 24h recirculating water and has been over watered. Quickly fixed that by lowering the waterline and switching to the general pump schedule circuit.

She will not recover much. But it wont influence the final result much as she was too dense a shrub and was never netted or caged. It has been a wild ride for this plant. And never did it really give a shit. She's on the repeat grow list.

Then there is the Auto Ultra Lemon Haze, finishing off slowly. Bloody hazes. Can't have much further to go, there is no fan leaves left.

At the back, the Pure Power Plant is doing her business. Also looks like a strong plant, with a solid canopy.

DSCN4660
DSCN4661
DSCN4662
DSCN4663
DSCN4665
DSCN4666
DSCN4667
DSCN4668
DSCN4669
DSCN4670
DSCN4671
DSCN4673
DSCN4674
DSCN4676
DSCN4677
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Another night started and here is the result. All 13 seeds are now fully emerged. Judging from the even height of all the plants I can now confirm that 4 hour night is imperative for the plants. My previous rounds of seeds were all under 24 hours light but there was never any uniformity, which bothered me a lot. With joy and empirical evidence, I am no longer a proponent of 24 hours light.

The Root Riot cubes are pretty neat as well. Let's see how they go into the clay pebbles substrate.

The Ionic fertilizer has arrived and it's not a good idea to ship them as the leak. Like the dutchpro bottles and various other brands, they will leak. This is just asking for someone to open up a leaking package etc..
So I was very amused when everything I ever wanted in a fertilizer was done by Greehouse Seeds Co. They make something called Powder Feeding, which I have promptly ordered to test out. It claims to be :
a powder that is added to water to make a solution that will serve for the ENTIRE life cycle of the plant. from seed to harvest.
If this is the case, it would be fantastic news for many people. There are places that I dont like sending liquids to, so this is a possible godsend. If it works. I am semi-hopeful. I might just try and grow some of their colored seeds as well.

DSCN4682
DSCN4683
DSCN4684
DSCN4685
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Another round of images this night. Lovely even sprouts. Happily nothing to report.

DSCN4690
DSCN4691
DSCN4692
DSCN4693
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

A quick look at the seedlings. They just started on the first feed, which is Greenfuse root. This will be part of a series of experiments, some of which are :

- test Ionic single bottle range.(and the Greenhouse Seeds Co Powder Feed too if it arrives in time)
- make bonsai mother plants
- grow a scrog in the gtools

complete retool of the gtools.
- extra wheels for support
- all equipment on the outside
- 3 x HPS cooltubes - 400-600-400
- mini c02 burner

this will defeat the purpose of the gtools completely, as its a stealth box you could have in the living room as the cops stand next to it and would not see it or hear it.
after the mods, it will look like an alien spaceship.

DSCN4694
DSCN4695
DSCN4696
bobismyfather

bobismyfather

Another round of images from the new seedlings. Two vents are now open at all times. They are on 20/4 light HPS 400 @ 275watt. Ambient in the tent is avg. 16 C now and the heater of the mini hothouse is on 24/7.
My double boiler technique is working well. The moisture recondenses and runs down the walls back into the bottom. The nutrient solution inside the inner 'boiler' dish is much cooler and evaps less and keeps the root cubes moist longer.
Roots are starting to peek out the side of the cubes already.
The burns are from an overzealous spraying incident.

Yesterday all the bigbudauto plants got taken. They're now drying and waiting to be extracted. They will be put in a suspension of ethanol in a freezer for emergency supply. Experiments have demonstrated that it is a very good way to suspend any oxidation and degradation in the resin.

It's starting to get pretty cold so I placed some foam between the concrete and the water reservoirs. A disadvantage to having more then one res. So to solve this temporarily I'v opted for heating pads. Ill place them under the res and that will keep them nice and snug. In the future, full aluminum custom built resses with heaters and stirrers will avoid these issues, but as this is the test phase, its off the shelf for now.

After not having had all those led panels produce so much noise, the silence is quite soothing. The loudest noises are the watering cycle. If the leds dont run with their respective hoods and fans off in the AC, then they are gone for good. i'll live with the heat, but the noise is infernal. Cheap ass PC fans. In stead of 10 little fans, why not one giant panel sized fan? And How about some speed control on the fan? And why not suck the air through the panel and up instead of pulling in hot air from above the panel and blowing it out the sides. Mickey mouse engineering.
Like I said, we'll have a go at it here with a variety of panels, but I am not optimistic.

DSCN4697
DSCN4698
DSCN4699
DSCN4701
Top Bottom