Tebuconazole tolerance in cannabis

• Thread starter dutchman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dutchman

tebuconazole seems to be the state of the art stuff against real nasty fungi as fusarium.

Are cannabis plants tolerating tebuconazole well and at what dosage?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Chemical.jsp?Rec_Id=PC35028

I am not familiar with this fungicide, but am giving this link for some additional information which includes the crops it's historically used on. The bigger problem I personally see is with resistance if it's overused, or not rotated properly. And doing some additional reading, yes, being a triazole fungicide, resistance is a problem.

Tebuconazole resistance Google Search results.

I can find nothing that discusses how cannabis responds, but it appears that wheats and soybeans treated do have a reduced yield. Of course, they're being treated for a problem in the first place. I haven't read these papers in full, only perused.

D

dutchman

I can find nothing that discusses how cannabis responds, but it appears that wheats and soybeans treated do have a reduced yield. Of course, they're being treated for a problem in the first place. I haven't read these papers in full, only perused.

It is some nasty shit, do not use with cannabis. Friends found out now: it nearly kills the very young leaves and it takes a long time until the plants start growing again.
Copper is much better for hemp

squiggly

squiggly

You couldn't pay me to put this shit on something I'd later ingest.

For that matter I wouldn't even put a similar heterocycle anywhere near my plants.

Generally speaking rings with nitrogen as a member are no good for people. There are exceptions--but not a slew of them.

Such compounds, to my mind, are quite useful in synthesis--but shouldn't be even handled by humans outside of a fume hood.

Scares the crap out of me that people would consider this for a second. Reminds me why I started growing my own.

D

dutchman

You couldn't pay me to put this shit on something I'd later ingest.

For that matter I wouldn't even put a similar heterocycle anywhere near my plants.

Right, you remember the Fungal thread where somebody brought this up - the heavy stuff against fusarium - and what I told about it?! It is a temptation for some people to use it when their whole crop is going down but : It doesn't work well with hemp. Unfortunately some cannabis forum treat this heavy stuff as an option....and it is heavily use on wheat everywhere

N

nightmarecreature

I know this thread is about a year old but me and my buddy have been using this stuff with great success. I had a fungi so bad, my clones wouldnt root and Eagle 20 would not get rid of it. I could actually see the mycelium.

This only problem with Tebuconazole is that it will stunt the plant, turn them dark green almost black, the stems will turn red. The good news is that you can take cuts off the mom and they will root. You pretty much have to toss the moms but the clones will be fungi free. Then after that, the fungi will be so weak, that a follow up of Eagle 20 will fix the problem permanently.

All in all Tebuconazole works great on Cannabis. I also helped another person that was having the same problem and it saved all his moms. He was using Eagle 20 and it didnt work.

I believe there is an Eagle 20 resistant fungi going around from contaminated clone onlys. I believe its responsible for the duding problem on most of the OG clones.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I believe I posted years ago that E20 causes resistance in fungi. Guess what that Tebucanazole is doing. In fact, that whole group of fungicides is known to cause resistance. :o

N

nightmarecreature

That is correct but there is nothing organic that can stop it. Only nasty chemicals. This particular chemical is used on Wheat and is in our bread and cereal.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, it is. And it's causing problems in treating human fungal illnesses, IIRC. Unfortunately, as long as people insist on both using these products incorrectly *and* at the wrong dosages, we're going to quickly end up with fungal diseases we have no tools to use against.

Top Bottom