Techinques used by seed companies to make 100% feminized seeds

• Thread starter harpdog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

harpdog

Have you ever wondered how all these seed companies guarantee feminized seeds? I did too. This is what I found out.
Marijuana seed companies employ several methods to determine if a seed is feminized or not. Here are the most common techniques:
1. Colloidal Silver: This method involves spraying a solution of colloidal silver onto female plants during their flowering stage. The silver disrupts the hormone production in the plant, causing it to produce pollen sacs that contain female gametes (eggs) instead of male pollen. These pollen sacs are then used to pollinate other female plants, resulting in offspring that are 100% feminized seeds.
2. Rodelization: This method involves stressing a female plant to induce it to produce male flowers. The plant's own pollen is then collected and used to pollinate other female plants. The resulting seeds are 100% feminized. Stressing the plant can be done by various methods, such as changing the light cycle, limiting water or nutrients, or damaging the plant's roots.
3. Gibberellic Acid (GA3): This method involves applying GA3, a plant hormone, to female plants during their early development. GA3 disrupts the hormone balance in the plant, causing it to develop male flowers. The pollen from these flowers is then used to pollinate other female plants, resulting in offspring that are 100% feminized seeds.
4. Silver Thiosulfate (STS): This method involves applying a solution of STS to female plants during their early development. STS inhibits the production of ethylene, a plant hormone that plays a role in male flower development. This, in turn, allows the female plants to develop female flowers only. The pollen from these flowers is then used to pollinate other female plants, resulting in offspring that are 99.9% feminized seeds.
5. Genetic Testing: This method involves testing the DNA of the seed to determine its gender. This is the most accurate way to determine if a seed is feminized, but it is also the most expensive.
6. Phenotyping: This method involves growing the seeds and observing the plants for the development of male or female flowers. While not as accurate as other methods, phenotyping can be used to identify feminized seeds with a high degree of certainty.
It's important to note that no method is 100% perfect, and there is always a small chance that a feminized seed may produce a male plant. However, the methods described above are very effective at producing feminized seeds, and they are widely used by marijuana seed companies.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
  • The specific method used by a seed company may vary depending on their preferences and resources.
  • Not all feminized seeds are created equal. Some seed companies may use more reliable and effective methods than others.
  • It's important to buy feminized seeds from a reputable source to ensure quality and accuracy.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Copy and paste , Really! be original at the very least when your posting stuff most of us know as abc 😏

H

harpdog

Copy and paste , Really! be original at the very least when your posting stuff most of us know as abc 😏
wow really are you that stressed. Maybe you need to smoke some different weed because what u have ain't working dude. All I did was post some info.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
wow really are you that stressed. Maybe you need to smoke some different weed because what u have ain't working dude. All I did was post some info.
I wasn’t mad at cha or stressed.
That said I could and should of given you a easier time.

It’s on my new year’s list resolution list

Welcome to the farm hope to put this behind us.

Have you any plans to grow anything next year 😋

Top Bottom