Tell me about Grand Daddy Purple.

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I hope thats right.
Just trying to find out as much info as I can on this. A friend with the same disability felt this strain helped him.
How is it to grow, yield,vigor, problems, height,smell,taste and above all how does it work with pain.
Just want to see if the seeds match up to the original gdp.

thanks
cheers

My grow right now is incredible.....thanks to caps...and maybe a little green thumb.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

GDP is a slow vegger, ime, but some top shelf quality meds. I prefer a long flush with her, and if I use sweet at all ill do it with the grape one, to encourage that flavor a little bit. She tastes very grapey and I think turns purple after day 35, but I haven't grown it in a couple years so I could be wrong. In my studies, chrons patients and those suffering from any intestinal problem should love the gdp. Interesting to see how close you can come to the clone though, good luck!

Dr.X

Dr.X

Hey juggernaut! This is GPD grown from seed (not by me tho, I took these from other forum). But what I've read, there is good chances to find a keeper in one pack.

PICT0150

PICT0175

juggernaut

juggernaut

very nice....just saw it has won 1st at a few of the events held in the States and how that strain was comparing...good to know the seeds are popping and finding a keeper.

420bliss

420bliss

i know a lady that popped one fem bean and ended up with a keeper, love the taste of the GDP

E

edux10

I always heard that GDP was a female Purple Erkle crossed with a nice Big Bud male.

Most people can tell you that Erkle is not a beginner strain to grow. Long flower time and matures late. Doesnt get its color till late in flower and doesnt pack on weight until later in the game either. Erkle seems to be very temperamental and yield over the amount of effort and time needed to grow it to its full potential.

GDP is also easier to source from my experience. I have seen GDP cuts all over, but have never seen an actual Erkle cut for sale besides hearing someone say they have some but didnt pursue the transaction.

For anyone wanting to grow a purple strain, I would say go GDP. Get that dialed in and then try the Erkle. I do have to admit the Erkle looks awesome, even next to the GDP grown in the same dialed in room, the Erkle just looks in a different league covered in resin and purple as all hell. Just takes a lot of effort and some extra equipment maybe.

Also, a longer veg time is needed for it to produce what you are expecting to yield. Have fun, hope you end up with some great smoke, just dont rush the Erkle, it can take a couple extra weeks to show its full potential, if you do you will be one happy camper.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

gdp is great for appetite, sleep and mild pain . fairly easy to grow. when you intiate 12/12 she doesnt stretch much so get her big and bushy with lots of tops. the real deal cut will start to purp up around week 6 and getting darker and fatter in the end ( week 9) she forms solid buds that have a some what seet floral to candy grape flavor. does great in sog forming tight prodiminant single colas untopped. real pleasure to smoke and grow.

Top Bottom