Tell Tale Signs That A Seedling Will Be A Winner

• Thread starter Calixylon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Calixylon

Calixylon

Hey do you guys have any tell tale signs you go by when looking at seedlings? I mostly grew clones out west, but now I don't have much access to good cuts I trust so I'm starting to pop some seeds.

When I was younger I dunno how many seedlings I popped all being bagseed, but I know a lot of them stretched hard, and never produced much. But do you guys usually get 5 fingered leaves on the 2nd set of true leaves, or is that unique? Every seed I've popped usually throws a single set of true leaves, then a three leaved set, then on the third true set begins 5 or more fingered leaves. But I recently popped half a pack of purple frostbyte and got a 5 finger set on my best seedling on its 2nd set of true leaves.

Is that common for good genetics to throw that, most all plants I see have only 3 leaves on the 2nd set.

Tell tale signs that a seedling will be a winner
Tell tale signs that a seedling will be a winner 2
Tell tale signs that a seedling will be a winner 3
straincreation

straincreation

Your looking good bro. Ya there might be something spwcial there, maybe. Ive gotten many seeds that react this way. The majority being the first explanatiin. Ive had some that put out trileafs. If that makes sense and she was a frosty girl.

Let dome breeders shime in to enlighten us some more.
happy farmin;)

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea i could tell right when they popped which one was more vigourous and marked them accordingly from 1 to 4, number 1 ended up throwing out the 5 leaf set on the 2nd true leaves, but how fst it came up and broke the surface i could tell it had some juice. I just have never seen a seed throw a 5 leafer on the second set of true leaves before.

Was curious if many other farmers had experienced this, and if those plnts turned out to be special.

Top Bottom