Tell Tale Signs When To Harvest Plants Grown For Seeds?...

• Thread starter tec dan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tec dan

tec dan

Hello all,
This is my first time successfully breeding, I crossed 6 different females with one male, all the plants now have tons of seeds wherever I pollinated them, and my question is this, are there any "signs" from the plant that say "hey man, its time to chop me down and dry me out" I know what to look for when harvesting for sensi flowers, do I look for the same signs in a pollinated baby maker?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hello all,
This is my first time successfully breeding, I crossed 6 different females with one male, all the plants now have tons of seeds wherever I pollinated them, and my question is this, are there any "signs" from the plant that say "hey man, its time to chop me down and dry me out" I know what to look for when harvesting for sensi flowers, do I look for the same signs in a pollinated baby maker?
All the pistils will pull back and turn orange. And the pods that the seeds sit in will kinda open up revealing mature dark brown seeds. Its always good to be late to harvest rather than early when makin seeds.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I just did a similar project and i gave most 5 to 6 weeks after being pollinated I waited till I saw a good amount of striped seeds and plucked the lowest bud and opened it up to check how far they were now I have millions of seeds

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
And to add to that, give them at least 4 weeks to mature.
4-6 weeks for sure. Be sure to not throw the smoke out either. What I do is we have a unique situation here in AZ being that so many folks are or were used to comm brick weed coming outta Mexico that many were not prepared for the MMJ pricing found in boutique growers stock and in dispos. Truth be known many cant seem to tell or care about the diff between mersh weed and high end, it is mainly a pricepoint with a lot of folks. So after the males give up their bounty the males are dried and cured and gifted to patients at a more appealing gift point. Of course all my meds are gifted and never sold!!! The real sensi stays in my stash of course!!! Cause I know the diff between brick weed and connoisseur grade meds. :D

K

Kld12972601

4-6 weeks for sure. Be sure to not throw the smoke out either. What I do is we have a unique situation here in AZ being that so many folks are or were used to comm brick weed coming outta Mexico that many were not prepared for the MMJ pricing found in boutique growers stock and in dispos. Truth be known many cant seem to tell or care about the diff between mersh weed and high end, it is mainly a pricepoint with a lot of folks. So after the males give up their bounty the males are dried and cured and gifted to patients at a more appealing gift point. Of course all my meds are gifted and never sold!!! The real sensi stays in my stash of course!!! Cause I know the diff between brick weed and connoisseur grade meds. :D

You "gift" MALE plants to patients because they "don't know the difference" ? Hmmmm. That doesn't seem okay.... "gifted" or not.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You "gift" MALE plants to patients because they "don't know the difference" ? Hmmmm. That doesn't seem okay.... "gifted" or not.
The point I was making and you mis-interpreted is, this is a very poor state. Most folks cannot afford to pay dispo prices. They have been smoking compressed dirt weed for so long they just arent willing to pay top shelf prices. And if this works for them and everyone knows and the pain relief is there, what is the problem. You would have had to been there to understand the thread. Everyone knew what they were getting upfront. In closing, who are you to tell me whats kool and what isnt? No skullduggery here bro. Which seems to be the way you wanted to paint the picture. You ever go by the handle growgod :D

K

Kld12972601

The point I was making and you mis-interpreted is, this is a very poor state. Most folks cannot afford to pay dispo prices. They have been smoking compressed dirt weed for so long they just arent willing to pay top shelf prices. And if this works for them and everyone knows and the pain relief is there, what is the problem. You would have had to been there to understand the thread. Everyone knew what they were getting upfront. In closing, who are you to tell me whats kool and what isnt? No skullduggery here bro. Which seems to be the way you wanted to paint the picture. You ever go by the handle growgod :D
Well, I'm definitely no growgod. But speaking as someone who's bought a lot of weed. I'd think someone trying to pass off male plant material as bud, Is a crook In my opinion. But Idk your situation. I obviously have never smoked your male plants. Just didn't sound right to me. But if you're patients know exactly what they're getting, and they're cool with that, and getting stoned off it, then more power to yah I guess.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
And as you said, "IDK your situation", is exactly why you had no place calling me out. You know nothing about me. And it is actually a co-op of breeders who donate the males after pollen is collected. All know what they are getting. And if you know anything at all about top genetics even the males will get you some relief, be it in edibles or extracts. People are actually happy. Of course it isnt the optimum stash but it helps those in need. Nuff said?

Top Bottom