Telling the Diffrence COMPOST

• Thread starter anthony6969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

anthony6969

i am just about to germinate some seeds and am going to buy some organic compost tomorro, i no that i dont want any organic compost with slow relise fertilizer, does anyone no how to tell the diffrence on the packet between organic compost that has slow relising fertilizer and organic compost that doesnt have it, Thank u

mace

mace

it will tell you whether or not the soil is pre fertilized....at least, that's what i've always looked for.

Read the packaging and make sure on the ingredients it doesn't have any N or P or whathave you.

Also, be aware that slow release ferts aren't bad, persay, it's just most of the companies don't use organic ferts or they use levels that MJ doesn't really like. Preloaded soils can be found at your local hydro shop that will do very well with marijuana.

A

anthony6969

theres no hydro shops around where i live i have to buy all my grow stuff online or at a normal garden centre

S

Swiffy80

Im sure ive seen some posts on soil mixs- blending your own check out the grow FAQ bu, failing that message me and ill give you a mix list bloodnbone meal perlite sand etc with % quanitys easy to do mate with a litre mesuring jug starting with a stanard compo as a base.

Slow release Good or bad MACE? ive used miricalgrow timed release in the past whipped em from my nans greenhouse! im unsure about them yet. Anyone know how strong the relase is? i mean does it affect it in a negative way? They sure are slow to relase one particlur recyled medium-replenshed 3 grows and i still got some whole ones! if normal plants can handle it surly MJ can? but i dunno i got a bit of a nute problem but i dont think its that trying to elminatenate it now anyone save me some time? i know i would have saved myself some time if i left them out to begin with and got my lazy ass to the grow shop for some real nutes!!

G

greenthumbbumb

I think you mean soil not compost. Compost generally doesnt contain any slow release fertilizers, thats for the soil. And if you are buying organic soil, thats what organics is, slow released nutrients.

Top Bottom