Temp/humidity/vpd regulation in greenhouses

• Thread starter Fishybass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fishybass

Hi All,

Doing my first greenhouse grow this season. Pics attached, excuse the condition, it’s a work in progress. General description - Minneapolis, MN, 8’x16’ lean-to, automated AC Infinity 12” fan exhaust, small humidifier, and small 1500W space heater - all on controllers,12” circulator fan, crushed sandstone floor, only gets 4-6 good hours a day of full sun so supplementing with 400W MH lights (that’ll be replaced with a couple Mars Hydro SP3000 soon and adding in drip lines off the barrels).

I’m having a helluva time controlling my temps/humidity and will get VPD’s in the 3’s in the afternoons. My averages are good but temp peaks to 100F on a 70F sunny day and regularly dip to 50F at night. I’m adding more water barrels and shade cloth and hopefully that will take care of the worst of the temp peaks and help level out the bottoms. But it’s only early spring, I think in summer it’s still going to be a bear to hold temp in-line. So, I have an idea on strategy - let the temp swing but control the humidity with fogging lines to try to force the temps down with evaporation and hold the VPD relatively constant. Would this strategy work? Other ideas/critiques?

Temphumidityvpd regulation in greenhouses
Temphumidityvpd regulation in greenhouses 2
Top Bottom