Temp in room

• Thread starter dabs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dabs

As a first time indoor man i was wondering since it gets cold here at night should i run the lights at night to help with heat? Then run a heater during the day? Using a 400 watt MH and 400 watt HPS.
thanks
Golden Dabs

manitoid.

manitoid.

How cold does the room get at night? I've been able to keep the lights off at night and the room only gets down to about 67.

S

Sullimo

I'm running a tent setup where ambient temps outside the tent average high 30s to low 40s at night, low to high 60s in the day (typically).

I've found that if I run my 400w HPS at night, I can get the temps up to 70-75 degrees. Then if I leave them off in the day, temps are around 60ish. So far it has been working out for me decently well, the one issue I'm having is humidity. Humidity is in the high 70s to low 80s during lights out and high 40s to low 50s with lights on. I'm going to try a few things (run fans through the evening, hang a nylon stocking full of rice, etc.) to see if that helps.

If you can tell us your average day and night temps that'd be helpful... cold and hot is quite relative to where you live :bong2:.

Sullimo

B

benign

I have a very similar issue also, my temps run almost the same as yours (I'm running a 1000w Lumatek in a 4x4 tent)...my RH is a bit lower (16-32% day and 40-60% nights). I found a way to correct my low daytime temps (night for my plants). It took a bit more work and expense but what I did was use my veg tent for my day heating, I have a small 250MH running in my veg tent, I ran ducting from the flange in my hood to the passive intake in my flower room so that instead of running a heater in my flower tent (between 600-1500watts) I just use my MH for heat. To prevent any sort of contamination between rooms I use a shroom filter on my ducting. Seems to be working fairly well my lights off temps sit in the 62-67 range and since my ventilation is constantly running the humidity has also dropped down to about 27-38%. If you have a couple extra dollars and the space this seems to be a pretty good solution, in my veg room (actually more of a mother room) I run a 16/8 cycle (just enough to keep them out of flower) and the heat build-up from the overlapping 4 hours never takes me above 80f.

P

paulycali

I always run my lights at night. For one the room stays cooler and for two the electric is cheaper to consume. Running your lights at night is always reccomended. My lights on temps are right around 78 degrees never higher and lights off temps are between 66-68 degrees. A ten degree drop from day to night is perfect imo

Top Bottom