Temp Issues, Subterranean Organic Grow, New England

• Thread starter NewEngland
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewEngland

NewEngland

Thanks for all the fantastic intelligence on these forums!

Getting ready to start a new grow (not my first) in a basement in coastal New England. Today is 12/31 and my basement temps, unheated and uncooled is 50-55% with exterior temps at 28* at 1:30am today.

one veg tent (4x8) - one flower (4x8)
Veg has two, 2, 482.3 T5s at 432w each totaling 864W of T5

Flower tent has 2 600W black dog Beds

Both tents have thermostatic outlets controlling on/off portable headers at 72-78* temps. RH is 55% have dehumidifiers if needed.

Have 16" orbitals planned for both tents, 400 cfm ducted intake/outtakes in both tents

Question: will I need A/C? I can easily heat, move air and humidify or dehumidify.

We are growing for ourselves, high consumption, looking for the purest of pure white ash organic and as patient as they come. Grow green!

NewEngland

NewEngland

Additionally: growing in rots organic coco with a small contribution of perlite to the medium. Starting moms from seed. Feminised Black Russian, Wombat, OG Kush, Strawberry Blue, Haze Berry, Jack Herrer and Pineapple Chunk. Running Auroura Soul's program. Set it and forget it....

Also have an RO setup on the water line and nutrient rich as well as ph up/down and cal/mag ready. Wanna do it right outta the box and got the time and energy committed to this coco organic grow.

I hope! Trying to keep it simple.

Gardenguy2.0

Gardenguy2.0

Thanks for all the fantastic intelligence on these forums!

Getting ready to start a new grow (not my first) in a basement in coastal New England. Today is 12/31 and my basement temps, unheated and uncooled is 50-55% with exterior temps at 28* at 1:30am today.

one veg tent (4x8) - one flower (4x8)
Veg has two, 2, 482.3 T5s at 432w each totaling 864W of T5

Flower tent has 2 600W black dog Beds

Both tents have thermostatic outlets controlling on/off portable headers at 72-78* temps. RH is 55% have dehumidifiers if needed.

Have 16" orbitals planned for both tents, 400 cfm ducted intake/outtakes in both tents

Question: will I need A/C? I can easily heat, move air and humidify or dehumidify.

We are growing for ourselves, high consumption, looking for the purest of pure white ash organic and as patient as they come. Grow green!
When I felt nervous about temp issues I did a two day dry run before I put my ladies in there. Kept checking the dark and light cycle every other hour or so and noted the changes. Tried to dial it in. Was actually kind of fun I felt all experimental and shit haha

Sounds like a fun grow, good luck, def down to hang around and see how things go for you man

mandalaman

mandalaman

New England Basement Tent Grower here as well. I have problems keeping my RH up. I run two small heaters in a 4x4 and keeps temps ambient temperature between 70-80F.

I use these heaters and like them as they are small, don't use much power, and don't seem to dry out the air nearly as much as others I have used. I think 4 of them would be great for 1 4x8 tent. They only use 200W a piece, so 4 of them is only 800W and you can spread out the heat more effectively.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XDTWN2/

NewEngland

NewEngland

Thank you. I have 7.5' of clear height to the ceilings on all three floors (old home) but very well insulated home. Getting close. Electrical should be done this week followed by plumbing and I'm off. Really prefer not to leave anything to chance.

Top Bottom