Temp.

• Thread starter rogone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rogone

rogone

First grow. My shitty thermometer with probe display 78 degree around top of seedlings ,different one (mercury) similiar like 76. Two pc fans gently blow on first set of leaves ,but the fan air seems kinda cool in my opinion idk. I guess moving air feels colder and maybe a bit of colder bottom intake air before spread out? Cant tell the temp no more. Any issues with that? Any suggestions how should it feel in the box?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

If one is reading 78 and the other 76 there is too small a difference for it to be significant. Either reading is fine. You want your space right about 78 anyway, so you are good.

rogone

rogone

But does it affect plant when fan gently blow colder air on them ,than ambient mixed air temp? Diffucult to explain ,not ma native language :p

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I see so many times people have there thermometer in the wrong spot. It should ideally be at canopy height and in the shade. The IR given off by the lights will affect the temps reading.

You don't want direct airflow on the plant you are creating forced evaporation that can cause wind burn and yes will lower the leaf temps.

I'm going link a response to a different post from another thread but it's probably more detail than you asking. I just feel room temps is a bad practice and leaf temps are what we should be looking at.

rogone

rogone

Thank you i placed my fans a bit higher now. How about seedling stalk i heard the plant have to move to create stronger stalk and prevent root later. Then i just need moving fan ,not direct one like pc fan? (then mount the moving fan higher so no intake cold air could be sucked up) Btw 1 thermometer is not sitting in direct light its the one that show 76 ,the probe one i still need to mount properly so i guess i can trust the overall temp for now ( both on level of plant top)

Plants going into 3-4 days old rn

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you i placed my fans a bit higher now. How about seedling stalk i heard the plant have to move to create stronger stalk and prevent root later. Then i just need moving fan ,not direct one like pc fan? (then mount the moving fan higher so no intake cold air could be sucked up) Btw 1 thermometer is not sitting in direct light its the one that show 76 ,the probe one i still need to mount properly so i guess i can trust the overall temp for now ( both on level of plant top)

Plants going into 3-4 days old rn
It's not to bad if you have an oscillating fan but direct is not good. Honestly I don't buy a whole lot into the creating tougher stalks ideology. It may make a tiny difference but genetics and other environmental factor probably play a much more significant role. The real goal is to provide air movement around the leaf to aid in transpiration and replenishment of CO2. The thermometer in the shade is the one you want to go by. I'm betting if ya put them side by side for a while they will be the same (maybe not). You want good room or tent air circulation I have 1 fan below the canopy and one above creating a cyclone type of air movement... No direct airflow but lots of air movement.

rogone

rogone

I was thinkin about that "cyclone" circulation but later into the grow. Thank you alot exactly what i was lookin for. So in flo stage air moving around is enough to eliminate most of root probablility? I guess leaves should slidely move with good circulation anyways?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was thinkin about that "cyclone" circulation but later into the grow. Thank you alot exactly what i was lookin for. So in flo stage air moving around is enough to eliminate most of root probablility? I guess leaves should slidely move with good circulation anyways?
Yep they will wiggle gently.

quirk

quirk

First grow. My shitty thermometer with probe display 78 degree around top of seedlings ,different one (mercury) similiar like 76. Two pc fans gently blow on first set of leaves ,but the fan air seems kinda cool in my opinion idk. I guess moving air feels colder and maybe a bit of colder bottom intake air before spread out? Cant tell the temp no more. Any issues with that? Any suggestions how should it feel in the box?

A suggestion. Sorry for the "shitty " pic. Learn from Aquaman.

DSCN1829
DSCN2922 2

Latest posts

Top Bottom