Temperature Colors

• Thread starter UgrewWHAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

I've often wondered as the hours of daylight are waning and whilst Fall temperatures drop... is it the cold on foliage and flowers that induce color changes? Or is it temperature changes to the root base that induce changes in color? Well, aside from genetics.

I'm also a hot pepper farmer and I know that when ground temps drop below 55 degree's peppers know that when their feet get cold color changes and last-ditch flowers start popping out everywhere.

Has anyone purposefully "chilled" the root base of cannabis to see color changes(i.e.; ice cubes around a smart pot etc)? Or even put an indoor plant outside into colder temps for the purpose of color change?

I've always wondered in color-geneticically capable plants which part(base or open foliage) it is that causes the change?

I welcome any and all input, thanks!

BudBogart

BudBogart

I'm in the ground. I don't think my roots are much affected when the overnight temps drop to 40 f . They are too deep, imo, but the leaves show an immediate purpling after a chilly night in the cold.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
IMG 1327
Controlled indoor grow drop the temp at week 7 to 65-67F. Plants will color to there strain in the atmosphere that you have created. Remember this is a clean room that is fully controlled by you. You can not let any interruption to your atmosphere to create this condition. I have done this wilh full success to this point. That being said if you can replicate this in an outdoor environment it can be successful. An interesting idea. Could be accomplished in a small scale experiment. Very interesting, I shall try. Thanks you got me thinking.
IMG 1328
IMG 1326
IMG 1322

Top Bottom