Temperature controller with oil radiator issue

• Thread starter Filthy_McNasty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Filthy_McNasty

Yesterday I tried to set up my temperature controller that I used for my terrarium before, but there is an issue.
When specific temperature is reached, controller shuts off oil radiator (digital control buttons) but when the controller is ON again oil radiator does not turn on, I assume because of digital control buttons.
Anyone else using the same combination? Any workaround?
Couldn`t find any info on this forum or anywhere else on the internet ......
Thanks

F

Filthy_McNasty

You need an oil heater with a hard switch.
I know but I was wondering if there is a workaround for this combination ..... don`t wanna buy another heater (already have 2 oil radiators)

N

Natep

Turn it on manually after the the controller gives it power. You are going to have buy a differnt one. Sorry for the bad news.

Z

Zill

Filthy,
In large buildings or complex manufacturing equipment you can adjust how things are added using a proportional-integral-derivative controller, PID. It allows the operator to adjust how things are added, wait/ mix then see the effect and either add more or stop. Done automatically through the controller. But the parameters are established by the ahead of time.

I’m wondering if you have the same sort of PID controller on your pump. May not be very complex. But check it.

Zill.

Top Bottom