Temps Driving me CRAZY!!!

• Thread starter WomBat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WomBat

Ok so this seem to be a hard concept for me to grab.... but Im going to ask for some more help when it comes to Temps. OK so the info: I am in a Garage with NO way of in taking air into the garage (one hole used for exhaust) I have a 4x4 jardin with a 600 watt hps air cooled with a 400 cfm fan, I have a small circulation fan inside the tent, I have a 400 cfm fan on a speed control (set on med) attached to a carbon exhausting into the garage, I also have a LG 7000btu a/c the ac and the lights are exhausting to the outside I have attached a shitty picture I drew to help try explain I will get pic as soon as my shitty camera is fixed. Temp "seem" to hold at off cycle which is during the day they don't seem to break 75 but when the lights kick on (during the evening) it COOKS 90+ not past 100......yet a/c seems to be working "trowing cold air" I guess my question is, do I have the venting setup right? Is the lights heat back drafting into the a/c? any help would help especially HVAC =]

Thanks in advance =]

W

WomBat

N

Sorry forgot how to up photos lol

cannabeans

cannabeans

heres what i think...

i dont think you should exhaust your carbon filter into garage! its probably taking out all the cold air from a/c. try just recirculating into the room.
7000 btu w/ sealed light should be enough!

J

Jalisco Kid

I would agree with what was said above.
Could maybe be as easy as your fan might not match the filter, and have to much back pressure. JK
It is more like you are clearing the tent 3x a min.

R

RMCG

How hot was your garage in the summer without your grow gear in it?

You're in CO and its been HOT these last few days.

cannabeans

cannabeans

another small thing...

i noticed a "t" where your hood and a/c vent into.... if you change the "t" to a "y" you would get better flow out.... the less resistance means more efficiency!!!!!

another factor could be the air being drawn through your hood is not cool enough.... if you are pulling 90 degree air through the hoods, this makes it less efficient too.

W

WomBat

Hello and thanks for the replies I turned the carbon exhaust off, and as I thought about it I think that might be the problem.When I woke up this morning it was 78 =] .... but when I returned from work it had went up to 87 and that is about the daytime temps in the garage.... and this kinda of thing has been happening for the last few days. It might be the setting on the a/c but I'm 90% sure it is not on 24 hour. I will check this tonight as well as making the tent completely sealed (no in/out take except for a/c) I will be moving carbon in tent to use as scrubber. I am pretty sure the a/c is busted but is also brand new, more info to come and I think I fixed camera so hopefully pics=]

W

WomBat

OK so modified a little bit and I redrew my shitty pic to what I did to better explain=] A/c is not busted I am just a moron sometimes=] I'm believing it is a case of less is more lol I put the fan inside to have the carbon scrub the air and pulled off the a/c lights and decided to let the a/c take care of the heat produced by the lights finally I let the a/c be the only exhaust, as having the a/c lights and a/c on same exhaust was creating back pressure so I just need to calm down and think lol I have temps at 79-80 and lowering!!!! =]
Thank you guys for the input=]
N2

F

f1ydave

Your inline exhaust fan was pushing hot air back into the a/c. Add a "y" BEFORE the inline fan and problem solved. Make sure your inline comes on before and stays on after about 45 minutes. Like was mentioned just attach fan to carbon filter, no reason to push air out another exhaust. You probably need more air movement too, add more fans and get that circulating!

W

WomBat

LOL totally agree GoD t's and y's are shit! But the tent held 72 for 24 hours so I decided to just run with it and not air cool the lights I run lights on at night so it shouldn't be a prob but I left the a/c lights set up just in case and if I do NEED the a/c lights i'm just gonna say F my land lord and drill another hole in the wall so the Air conditioner has its own exhaust Thanks guys for all the help! maybe now I'll do a grow log since I got everything in line now=]
Here is a pic of the tent set up as is now and a close up of one of my C99 loving the temps!

DSCN0859

DSCN0861

Top Bottom