temps out doors are still in the 30's at night how good would a outside terrarium be. i would like to plant in the ground

• Thread starter 1moretime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

1moretime

temps out doors are still in the 30's at night how good would a outside terrarium be. i would like to plant in the ground with a clear container above the plant

would a terrarium on top of plant kill it with to much moisture and not enough oxygen /carbon dioxide

greenhouse could be seen by neighbors and that's not good

Galgrows

Galgrows

I guess it could work. I grow in 15gal pots so that i can bring them under cover from the fall rains. Set it out to early and you could go into flower.

1moretime

thanks for reply TY TY
i am still a little bit nervous about the cost of seeds im still drowning them hehehe but i just did 1 the other day that has sprouted give me unlimited cash and i can do almost anything hehehehehe but im broke hehehehe
thanks for info but when i can spout a seed every time i might try the terrarium without somebody doing it first and having the fore knowledge i am still shaky about the cost of seeds

D

DougV

If these are seedlings you can use a garden clouche, the plant type. They have a vent you can use on the top. I think 6 of them are around $15.00. I’ve used them before and they work well. They’ll protect against frost and soft freeze, if you can still have a hard freeze, good luck.

If, after seeing the unlimited cash comment, you need quantities of thousands of these, I’m sure many of us will volunteer to help.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

temps out doors are still in the 30's at night how good would a outside terrarium be. i would like to plant in the ground with a clear container above the plant

would a terrarium on top of plant kill it with to much moisture and not enough oxygen /carbon dioxide

greenhouse could be seen by neighbors and that's not good
Couldn't be easier, for smaller plants
20240503 165337
20240503 165342

I've used 1 qt, 2 & 2.5 ltr soda bottles, buckets, but you want a vent and take it off when when the sun hits. It helps if you put it on end if the day, last 10-15 minutes before the sun stops shining on that plant. It will help warm the ground and keep it warmer longer. They also help to repell slugs/snails mice/rats.

Can't beat the cost😉

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

thanks for reply TY TY
i am still a little bit nervous about the cost of seeds im still drowning them hehehe but i just did 1 the other day that has sprouted give me unlimited cash and i can do almost anything hehehehehe but im broke hehehehe
thanks for info but when i can spout a seed every time i might try the terrarium without somebody doing it first and having the fore knowledge i am still shaky about the cost of seeds
I made a diy hotbox with a plastic container, pvc pipe, plastic sheeting, aquarium pump and heater.
20240425 165105
20240413 150229
20240503 170936
20240503 170946

Pretty simple. If you ha e or know someone who has and no longer uses an aquarium or yard sale for cheap... this keeps the temp about 20F higher, so 45-50F isn't bad at all.

You could make this with a 5 gallon bucket and frame it with scrap wood and wrap in plastic😉

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

So when is or was your official first day of spring? If your growing a Photo plant. This is more important to your grow than warm over nigh temperature.
You should plant within a couple of weeks of this date so the plant can cycle with the sun.

If you are growing an auto this is not so crucial but one should give a little thought to when your rainy fall season starts so you don't end up with plants all budded up and it rains for a month.

So I'm sitting here thinking your talking about 30 deg C at night. Da!

Don't plant to early. Give it at least 2 or 3 weeks after no chance of frost overnight.
I find that plants do much better when you crack seed and plant directly into nice warm soil.
I'm Petrolia Ontario. Used to plant May 24 but the ground is still pretty cool then. I find that my plants just blast off when I plant July 1st or later. But can run into problems with late flowering varieties as the last week of September, first week of October are my cool rainy season. So they must be planted in pots so I can place them indoors at night. Morning dew creates all kinds of issues with mould and mildew. So does cool rain for a week when plants are 2 weeks from harvest. Auto's can be pretty handy! I can drop Auto Flower seeds July first and harvest 2 weeks before the rain and cool weather comes.
Garden like a viking link.

Last edited:
Top Bottom