Tenguseedco testers outside grow: 88G13HP x Cinderella Man and Blueberry x Triangle Grape Cake

• Thread starter Poekie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Happy days!
The testers that @Trustfall sent me have arrived, the first two varieties i have started to germinate today 31st May,
88G13HP x Cinderella Man and Blueberry x Triangle Grape Cake.

Prediction for harvest in about 4 months, probably beginning october.

Very generous from Trustfall, he has sent seeds from a few other varieties as well, soon i will also start a thread about the adventures of Death Coast Diesel x Madmartigan and Super Silver Haze x Oaxaca, i will plant them a bit later as they have more sativa genes and will finish later.

Also got the Frostette, gonna be hard not to germinate those as well after seeing the beautiful pictures...

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
And we have lift off, quick germination, it shows these are fresh seeds.
First planted the Blueberry x TGC.
IMG 20230602 153753

And a little bit later also planted the 88G13HP x Cinderella Man.
IMG 20230602 153854

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

His stuff was great outdoot last year. I am going to run a couple of his Tropicana cookies x okie outside. Doing some of your autos in the greenhouse. Definitely along for this ride

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Oh sweet brotha! I’m glad you chose the bb x tgc just because the tgc brings the power and the bb will obviously bring on the flavor! Looking forward to this!
@dreamnfox if it’s not to late and you want another variety or two for outside dm me and I’ll send you some up.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Count me in, didn’t realize there was a BB cross out there! Can’t wait to see em outdoors in all their beauty

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
His stuff was great outdoot last year. I am going to run a couple of his Tropicana cookies x okie outside. Doing some of your autos in the greenhouse. Definitely along for this ride
Oh i didnt know you tried Trustfalls seeds outside, somehow i missed that.
Gonna follow your grow for sure!
Good luck with the autos!!

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Oh sweet brotha! I’m glad you chose the bb x tgc just because the tgc brings the power and the bb will obviously bring on the flavor! Looking forward to this!
@dreamnfox if it’s not to late and you want another variety or two for outside dm me and I’ll send you some up.
Thanks man, just prepared a joint with last years TGC, no doubt i will be sofasurfing soon...
Happy to have great genetics to grow this season, muchas gracias!

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Count me in, didn’t realize there was a BB cross out there! Can’t wait to see em outdoors in all their beauty
I think the BB was one of the newer crosses from the man.

I'll be looking at your grow reports to get some inspiration, you make a very clear report, plants looking perfect and with beautiful pics.
Do you use your mobile or a "real" camera?
Following your grow as well, good luck!

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I think the BB was one of the newer crosses from the man.

I'll be looking at your grow reports to get some inspiration, you make a very clear report, plants looking perfect and with beautiful pics.
Do you use your mobile or a "real" camera?
Following your grow as well, good luck!
Cheers man thanks for the kind words! I take my photos with the new iPhone 14 max pro using and adjusting a few exposure settings. This phone has multiple lenses including a Macro lense which helps with getting those close ups.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Cheers man thanks for the kind words! I take my photos with the new iPhone 14 max pro using and adjusting a few exposure settings. This phone has multiple lenses including a Macro lense which helps with getting those close ups.
Yeah its clear you have a good camera.
I'm gonna get my Canon powershot ready to use again, especially for the last weeks of flowering when the buds get pretty.
That one has a macro setting as well.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Oh i didnt know you tried Trustfalls seeds outside, somehow i missed that.
Gonna follow your grow for sure!
Good luck with the autos!!
It was the Triangle kush x grape cream cake. It came out great, very earthy with a dark chocolate taste. Very stoney

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
It was the Triangle kush x grape cream cake. It came out great, very earthy with a dark chocolate taste. Very stoney
I had that one too last season, did very well outside, good resistance which is important as we usually get some heavy rain around harvest time.
Stoney for sure !

Also had Triangle grape cake x Madmartigan, will never forget that smell, fruitcake with rum, delicious.

And TGC x Oaxaca, finished in november, strong sativa stimulating effect, and superresistant to rain and caterpillars, seemed untouchable.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I had that one too last season, did very well outside, good resistance which is important as we usually get some heavy rain around harvest time.
Stoney for sure !

Also had Triangle grape cake x Madmartigan, will never forget that smell, fruitcake with rum, delicious.

And TGC x Oaxaca, finished in november, strong sativa stimulating effect, and superresistant to rain and caterpillars, seemed untouchable.
I also grew the apple fritter x okie and papaya cake x cindyman. I stunted them some what with the sulfar burner, trying to get rid of spider mites. They both ended up tasting fantastic. The sulfar really brings out the terps.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
I also grew the apple fritter x okie and papaya cake x cindyman. I stunted them some what with the sulfar burner, trying to get rid of spider mites. They both ended up tasting fantastic. The sulfar really brings out the terps.
Was that in a greenhouse or inside grow ?
Spidermites are hard to get rid of, caterpillars also very effective at destroying buds.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Was that in a greenhouse or inside grow ?
Spidermites are hard to get rid of, caterpillars also very effective at destroying buds.
Greenhouse. Using nematodes this year, already treated the soil once, will do it again in about a month. Adding more predators this year too, before i find anything.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Greenhouse. Using nematodes this year, already treated the soil once, will do it again in about a month. Adding more predators this year too, before i find anything.
Yeah prevention is better than cure.

I alternate sprays with stinging nettle extract, horsetail, and potassic soap.
Maybe will do neem again, see if it helps against caterpillars.

I also sprinkle some diatomacious earth on the plants when they are young.
And in flowering will spray a few times with BT.

And still, some plants will suffer from the relentless attacks from the caterpillars...

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Weekly update, all is well with the little ones.

IMG 20230610 220935

This is how i protect them while they are small and fragile, if i wouldnt do this probably about half would be eaten by snails and grasshoppers and some destroyed by the blackbird digging holes while looking for worms.

IMG 20230610 221138

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Yeah prevention is better than cure.

I alternate sprays with stinging nettle extract, horsetail, and potassic soap.
Maybe will do neem again, see if it helps against caterpillars.

I also sprinkle some diatomacious earth on the plants when they are young.
And in flowering will spray a few times with BT.

And still, some plants will suffer from the relentless attacks from the caterpillars...
Do you mean the gypsy moth caterpillars? Or the tent caterpillars.....they're basically the same......

2 yrs ago we had them bad. They ripped one of our trees up good. But I learned something......I found their egg sacs on trees. These furry brown sacs about the size of a quarter, probably a hundred eggs per sac and some trees had dozens of sacs. The moths do their thing late in the summer and leave these sacs stuck on trees for the winter. I was surprised that they would be able to survive regular nights below 0, even -10, -15........apparently there's a chemical in the sacs that acts like anti-freeze. Anyway, I knew I wasn't going to affect the population in the big picture sense, but I went all around our property, and systematically ripped and destroyed every egg sac on every tree I could find them on. I probably destroyed 50,000 or more potential caterpillars.

Last year was much better, it wasn't as bad a year all around. But it was even better right around us.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
🐛 love my weed. I've caught 3 so gonna get some more ladybugs to eat the eggs. Good luck!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
🐛 love my weed. I've caught 3 so gonna get some more ladybugs to eat the eggs. Good luck!
Do ladybugs eat caterpillar eggs?

Every time someone mentions ladybugs I get a tinge of anger boil up........people who get the "fake ladybugs" know, and people who don't get them aren't (yet) aware of them. They're an invasive species, the "Asian ladybeetle". They look like the cute ones we all know and love, but they're in far greater numbers, aggressive......and every late fall they all decide to swarm......thousands, tens of thousands, and go right for houses. Their goal is to work their way inside to "overwinter". When they swarm it's like red snow. The outside of your house looks like it's moving. They find every crack and crevice, and for the next 6 months they'll pop up in your house........10 a day, 20, 30.......

You can't kill them because they stink. No other bug, no bird will eat them. There's a spray.......they come and spray the entire outside of your house, and that will kill most of them as they work their way in. But if it kills 30,000, 40,000.......10,000 still work their way in. The only way to deal with them then is to scoop them up and plunk them in the toilet. :(

I want 5 minutes with whoever decided to bring these damn things into the US......

Last edited:
Top Bottom