Tent Exhaust Recommendations

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I'm looking for advice for my 4 x 8 Bloom tent. The tent will have 900+ watts of lighting generating heat that I need exhausted out of the tent. My last grow really stunk out my cellar and reached upstairs, so I was thinking of putting in a filter. I didn't mind the smell but we could have visitors, lol

I was thinking of using the 6" Vortex VTX600 497 CFM power fan ( @sixstring recommended Vortex) and was going to vent it out into the open basement(I have a big wide open basement). I also had some humidity issues on the last grow where I was reaching over 80%. I didn't have mold issues because I had plenty if air movement.

What I'm looking for is recommendations on what to buy, how to hook it all up, and will the setup work to help remove the humidity in the tent.

Thanks

fatawa

fatawa

6" inch wud wrk for 900watts of led,if were talking hid lights id go with 8" w/speed controller so u hav the extra power.also how many round inlets do you hav at bottom of tent?id put duct fans in those.at least 2 4",but 2 6" fans drawing air n wud b better.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

6" inch wud wrk for 900watts of led,if were talking hid lights id go with 8" w/speed controller so u hav the extra power.also how many round inlets do you hav at bottom of tent?id put duct fans in those.at least 2 4",but 2 6" fans drawing air n wud b better.

Looks like my tent Vivosun tent (96x48x80) has two large ports on the right side(one high, one low) and one large port on the left side (high). I was going to vent out the left, hang the 6" high, and just let the air get pulled in passively through the right side.

I'm still wondering about the filter, they seem expensive and how much does it cut down on the air flow. I honestly don't mind the smell, my wife is a bit self conscience about it when we have guests.

sixstring

sixstring

Looks like my tent Vivosun tent (96x48x80) has two large ports on the right side(one high, one low) and one large port on the left side (high). I was going to vent out the left, hang the 6" high, and just let the air get pulled in passively through the right side.

I'm still wondering about the filter, they seem expensive and how much does it cut down on the air flow. I honestly don't mind the smell, my wife is a bit self conscience about it when we have guests.

Its a good plan.as far as smell i would rather get a separate fan to set right on top of a good size filter and run it on full speed to scrub the entire room the tent is in.could set it outside the tent under the spot where the hot air exits the tent.carbon filters do cut down your fans cfm alot thats why i always use stand alone scrubber setups.6 inch vortex on top of a can 66 or 75 would be perfect for a 10 x 10 x 8 room with a 4 x 8 tent in it

fatawa

fatawa

I'm still wondering about the filter, they seem expensive and how much does it cut down on the air flow.
ive had multiple and they do cut down some air flow.yur length×width×hieght gives u 224cfm needed just to passively exchange air,so like normal @sixstring said u can get by with w/497cfm.id try n throw a 8" duct fan at bottom since theres only 1hole,still want a speed controller on it(inline fan) so it isnt running wide open.i dnt care for the carbon filters myself,check out "ionizers" on amazon.theres one i got thats good for 3k sq ft and costs $130 i believe..wrks well,put n the tent or right outside tent by yur exaust.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Its a good plan.as far as smell i would rather get a separate fan to set right on top of a good size filter and run it on full speed to scrub the entire room the tent is in.could set it outside the tent under the spot where the hot air exits the tent.carbon filters do cut down your fans cfm alot thats why i always use stand alone scrubber setups.6 inch vortex on top of a can 66 or 75 would be perfect for a 10 x 10 x 8 room with a 4 x 8 tent in it

My current plan is to not use a filter at all, like I said, I actually like the blooming smell, lol... The only time it gets strong upstairs is when we have the back slider and the door going upstairs of the basement open. The bloom tent is in the main part of the basement which is 20' x 60' maybe, so it's a really large open area };-) I would love to grow more to supply a dispensary but it costs too much to get the permitting and I don't think I have the electricity to do it...

fatawa

fatawa

Point of speed controller is not so much to dull down fan per-say,its to tweak things like temps/rh and neg/positive pressure inside the tent.especially if co2 mayb on menu down the rd.you dnt want walls caving in or balloning out,idea is to bring in as much air as u take out.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

You really need to vent out of the room your tent is in, or set another fan up to vent the basement. otherwise you are just recirculating the air and the humidity. Used to have the same problem in my basement. I solved that with a large dehumidifier and still vent the basement as a whole.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

You really need to vent out of the room your tent is in, or set another fan up to vent the basement. otherwise you are just recirculating the air and the humidity. Used to have the same problem in my basement. I solved that with a large dehumidifier and still vent the basement as a whole.

yeah, I do have a dehumidifier running that takes care of the basement in the summer when I get most of my humidity issues, I just need to get the humidity buildup out of the tent. In the winter, it's so freaken dry in the basement, I actually welcome the humidity from the tents

fatawa

fatawa

Idh to worry bout smell anymore but i use to live n the city n im tellin u check that ionizer out...u can leave yur sliding glass door and basement door open that thing will probably clean whole first floor as well.did for me n a 2story 1384sq ft plain jane city home.i didnt vent shit of the chimney or nothing.neighbors house so fuckin close i cud step out door amd spit on it.lmfao

fatawa

fatawa

Thats always an option too.depending on where u reside they use to vent out hot water tanks/furnaces threw chimneys.u can tie into that i have..if you have a new furnace, code is exiting the house (least where i reside),i wouldnt do it.only because when u install a new furnace,how many 90's and 45's u have determines size of pipe..i wudnt mess with that.cud def change the performance of new furnace..

Top Bottom