Tent grow led side lights?

• Thread starter Growgod420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growgod420

Growgod420

Is this still a thing? I used to use side lighting "cfl bulbs" for bigger buds back in the day to supplement with my hps grow light. I haven't really seen anyone on the fourms using side lighting in tents. I'm thinking of adding some led lighting to each pole in my tent. Anyone have any knowledge in this?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Hmmmm.. I may be wrong. But i think that when photosynthesis occurs the plant takes in sunlight from the top of the plant?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
OD used/is using some red side lighting. He's getting good results too.

Dr.Ozzy

Dr.Ozzy

Is this still a thing? I used to use side lighting "cfl bulbs" for bigger buds back in the day to supplement with my hps grow light. I haven't really seen anyone on the fourms using side lighting in tents. I'm thinking of adding some led lighting to each pole in my tent. Anyone have any knowledge in this?
I saw a video recently about this, well fixture is "versatile" and can be used for it...not designed exclusively for side lighting, it is just one of the options the form factor allows...I dont think links are allowed.... it was a Growcraft small single bar....can hang on end or from side...

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Hmmmm.. I may be wrong. But i think that when photosynthesis occurs the plant takes in sunlight from the top of the plant?

No, any green part of the plant will photosynthesize. Any bud site that gets hit with a lot of light will grow a nice bud.

I have a friend who has always done vertical hang HID bulbs, and surrounded each hanging bulb with plants (no reflector). He gets nice buds along the entire length of the plant.

Visiting his grow rooms can be a blinding experience.

Growgod420

Growgod420

Wondering if I should go 6500k or 3500k. I'm already flowering!!! The 6500k is brighter but the 3000-3500k has more yellow. Need some advice. Wondering if I should do both and attach them together on all sides of my tent?!?

Screenshot 20210221 173200
Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I’ve had warm temps for a little while and have a solution in mind but this worked while I had to dim down. This is how it normally looks
E09D762E AB6A 4475 B3BF F02526C6CB20

CFC7143

CFC7143

I use side lights but I’m not sure how well they improve it as I’ve not done a side by side comparison
0E24141E B29B 4FCA BBA4 96B475E9E5FF

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I use side buddies with great results on the first grow doing a single plant grow this run and the plant is responding well .

20210319 062429
IMG 20210319 125904 033
euphoria526

euphoria526

I saw a video recently about this, well fixture is "versatile" and can be used for it...not designed exclusively for side lighting, it is just one of the options the form factor allows...I dont think links are allowed.... it was a Growcraft small single bar....can hang on end or from side...
this. this right here. but im biased toward ChilLed's.
they have the single bar lights for side lighting and/or seedling lighting. I think that led them into their "Mini" light fixtures. just a great company overall.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Side lighting used to be a fad. Also mixing hps and metal halide for fuller spectrum. But plants don’t need light on the sides or directly on the buds. They dont grow that way. They filter light waves through their leaves from above.

the highest yields today (which almost double the yields back in the side lighting days) only require good overhead led’s. And I haven’t seen an article on adding side lights in at least 5 years.

Top Bottom