Tent, switching to pulling air from inside through air cooled reflector?

• Thread starter Bisquick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bisquick

Bisquick

Hey guys, i've done a few searches and can't really find an answer.

I've got a DR80 with a 6" 400W Super Sun 2. I currently have my valuline 4" fan running through the reflector only.

Ducting from outside, to the fan, then to the reflector, then out the otherside.

I have a 100 CFM CPU fan exhausting out the top.

I am going to need to add a carbon scrubber soon, i can't afford a new fan and the cost to make a filter.

I would like to know if I can cut out my ducting from outside to the fan and replace it with a carbon filter so that it sucks in air from INSIDE the tent. Will this really raise my temps?

I assume I will have to then move the CPU fan to being an intake

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Hey guys, i've done a few searches and can't really find an answer.

I've got a DR80 with a 6" 400W Super Sun 2. I currently have my valuline 4" fan running through the reflector only.

Ducting from outside, to the fan, then to the reflector, then out the otherside.

I have a 100 CFM CPU fan exhausting out the top.

I am going to need to add a carbon scrubber soon, i can't afford a new fan and the cost to make a filter.

I would like to know if I can cut out my ducting from outside to the fan and replace it with a carbon filter so that it sucks in air from INSIDE the tent. Will this really raise my temps?

I assume I will have to then move the CPU fan to being an intake

Bisquick, I sat up my GrowLab120 this past month and had the same questions and if I am remembering correctly these tents are about the ame size.

When I first installed the vent/light system I had the carbon filter >>> inline fan >>>> sealed hood >>>> exhausted air exactly what you are thinking abut running but the difference was I run 1K. Temp swing was 11F above ambient room temp.

The 4" fan is just a bit small IMHO to run it this way. I had options of replacing the 4" with a 6" but the 6 is too noisy so I added another 4" and kept the light and scrubber operating off of 2 fans. Temp swing is 6F.

So to maybe answer your quesion the 4" fan can handle it but it will depend on ambient temps, length of duct run and size of your scrubber. It will be close but just add what ever intake fans you can come up with while keeping some negative pressure in your tent.

jj

Bisquick

Bisquick

i'll probably give in and buy another fan and scrubber, the semi good news is my tent is out on my patio, so I "may" be able to get away with the smell naturally.

Top Bottom