Tent Temp Question

• Thread starter TheIndianMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheIndianMan

Wudup THCF, first post over here. I'm about to start a new tent and wanted some input. Do you think that the following set-up will be too hot? Or will it keep cool enough (looking for temperatures from 75-85). I got a 4x2 tent with controlled ventilation, turns on exhaust when temp gets over 85 during day and 75 at night, with a sealed 1000w hps. It's not a cool tube its the hydrofarm version that is a whole rectangular reflector with 8" exhaust coming through. DWC in rubbermaids. So you think 1000w is too hot and i should go with 600w? Or yall think i'll be ok. Thx. :)

M

Mmmmasonite

Wudup THCF, first post over here. I'm about to start a new tent and wanted some input. Do you think that the following set-up will be too hot? Or will it keep cool enough (looking for temperatures from 75-85). I got a 4x2 tent with controlled ventilation, turns on exhaust when temp gets over 85 during day and 75 at night, with a sealed 1000w hps. It's not a cool tube its the hydrofarm version that is a whole rectangular reflector with 8" exhaust coming through. DWC in rubbermaids. So you think 1000w is too hot and i should go with 600w? Or yall think i'll be ok. Thx. :)

O K ....so ....What size ventilation fans do you have? Do you have fresh air intake? Is the exhaust running through the light and out of the tent?

C

casualmeds

even more so than the air temps the ventilation should be timed around the humidity in a tent, as this seems to be the larger problem most of the time.

hiboy

hiboy

If your outside temps are that high too you can figure its gona be hotter inside fo sho.
hiboy

dextr0

dextr0

A but it depends tho, c thats why i like this 10 post rule we can hypothesize and get to know a mothafuckers mind. What would u be thinkin, hows your shit set up,....yea!!

put me on somethin.

T

TheIndianMan

O K ....so ....What size ventilation fans do you have? Do you have fresh air intake? Is the exhaust running through the light and out of the tent?

I don't have large enough fans right now but as large as I need them to be 450cfm maybe. I have fresh air intake and the air coming in is 68-72, right around 70. There will be exhaust going through the light and exhaust for the atmosphere of the tent itsself also, so two exhausts.

even more so than the air temps the ventilation should be timed around the humidity in a tent, as this seems to be the larger problem most of the time.

I have a dehumidifier and am planning on keeping humidity around 40. Humidity won't be a problem but temperature.

Res temp: 70-75.

Thx.

M

Mmmmasonite

I don't have large enough fans right now but as large as I need them to be 450cfm maybe. I have fresh air intake and the air coming in is 68-72, right around 70. There will be exhaust going through the light and exhaust for the atmosphere of the tent itsself also, so two exhausts.

I have a dehumidifier and am planning on keeping humidity around 40. Humidity won't be a problem but temperature.

Res temp: 70-75.

Thx.

Sounds good man....If it is still too hot then you may want to use a 600 instead....A 1000 watts is too much for a 2x4 area. A 1000 watter can cover a 5x5 area so you are not getting the most out of it and still paying a lot more for electricity. On top of that, a 1000 watt runs way hotter than a 600.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

IMO the only way you could get away w/ 1000 watts is if:
1. you had ac in the tent
2. you're using a water-cooled cooltube w/ a chiller
3. ambient temps outside the tent are really low - like 55-65

1000w is lumen overkill for that square footage anyway. Better to run a 600 or use one of those 1000w digi ballasts that can take a 600w bulb. They also have dimmable settings, but those might be hard on the bulb.

T

TheIndianMan

I know it is alot but I plan on upgrading to a 4x4 tent very soon and I don't really want to buy two lights know what I mean? Also I will be growin a lot of plants its sog somewhere between 24 and 32. So i don't think it would be overkill on the lumens. If it is going to be too hot though then I guess that I will have to get a 600w...

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

So buy a 1000w digital ballast, & then you're future-proof. Depending on the model, they can be run at 50%/75%/100% power. Quantums have a great rep for reliability.

M

Mmmmasonite

So buy a 1000w digital ballast, & then you're future-proof. Depending on the model, they can be run at 50%/75%/100% power. Quantums have a great rep for reliability.

We had a guy order 15 quantums and 5 were bad out of the box....That really turned me off to them......I personally like Global greenhouse digis....I can trade them out for new ones the very same day if they go bad....the others take weeks

Latest posts

Top Bottom