terminal lung cancer/mj questions/plz help

• Thread starter Alchemist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alchemist

Alchemist

Hey my grandfather was diagnosed last year with emphysema. He was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer a couple months ago. He's not doing too well and i don't think he has very long left. they have him on morphine & oxycodone doses for his pain. His worst problem is he's hungry but just can't eat anything. I'd love to help him atleast have a couple decent meals before he passes since i love him immensely.

My questions are...

He doesn't smoke herb and i doubt ever ate it either. I have some really strong Reserva Privada - Headband that i grew specifically for him. I'm nervous to give him any in say a brownie or other foods due to the fact he has emphysema. would anyone know if he "tweeks" a bit on the effects could this send him into a breathing fit?

I'm also worried he'll get more trippy effects versus hunger. I'm truly seeking the appetite inhibiting nature of the weed, anything else is secondary.

How much should i use and how should i give it to him. if he can't eat alot i want to concentrate it.

Could i essentially grind up some of this weed into powder and put it in cellulose capsules for him to take? if so would this irritate his stomach? i'm thinking these might be a better form to give him. I do have a keef box that you rub weed on to remove calyx. would it be best to use this or just grind the full bud into powder and capsulate?

I cannot make any oils due to limitations on supply and time although i really wish i could.

any help in capsulating this for him would be immensely appreciated. i'm so stressed out and scared and just want to help him. please & thankyou.
alc

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
budder or cannamilk is your best options as far as eating goes..applying heat is what changes the chemical ellements in weed

Alchemist

Alchemist

how much bud & butter? the weeds pretty potent as thc% goes. i've never heard of cannamilk how would i make that? id look all this up but i'm packing to go visit him probably for the last time :(

if i do end up making butter should i strain out the weed to make it easier on his digestion?

soserthc1

soserthc1

how much bud & butter? the weeds pretty potent as thc% goes. i've never heard of cannamilk how would i make that? id look all this up but i'm packing to go visit him probably for the last time :(

if i do end up making butter should i strain out the weed to make it easier on his digestion?
If your on your way now you wouldn't have time to make the butter, i would just try the capsule , i doubt he would notice an effect with the morphine and oxy all ready being in him , and he might just say hey , i'm hungry .....sorry for your pending loss , but comfort and company is what he needs now..... take comfort in the fact he has lived a full life as many children die of cancer daily..... best to him..... for a peaceful trip...... blessings soser

Alchemist

Alchemist

thank you i appreciate it. i'm actually going to be at my grandparents home for a couple days so i could make budder there possibly.

as for the capsule do you think i should use ground up bud or just the calyx? i was thinking all bud and have him drink some milk or eat a little before he takes it so it'll ease digestion. i'm just wondering how much to give him. i have some standard sized cellulose capsules
again thank you.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

When you say he can't eat, do you mean from nausea/vomitting, or simply due to the pain? (also trying to understand your comment about appetite inhibition, seems kind of contradictory?) Are you mainly trying to help him keep food down?

You could heat-activate the kief from your box, that way it'll be stronger than just toasted/ground bud in capsules (decarboxylation - toaster oven @ ~230F for 20-30min or other method). Gastric discomfort isn't usually a problem, kind of the opposite in my experience, helps calm things down, although it can stimulate the bowels a bit (probably not a problem with the stuff they'll probably give him alongside the morphine).

Whole-herb ingestion could be rather powerful compared to other options, maybe too strong all at once in a capsule? Heating in edible oil or glycerine might be better, the latter being easy to absorb both sublingually and by ingestion. The longer it's heated, the more cannabanoid conversion (degradation into higher ratios of CBN, the sedative and deeply restful one, good for extreme pain). Heavier oral doses can be very sedative, but with careful titration some patients use less morphine, meaning more overall alertness and ability to communicate with loved-ones.

How comfortable/receptive is he to trying your meds for relief? If he's naive to cannabis effects, perhaps you could start with a light alcohol tincture, to see if it's comfortable for him (diluted properly for administration under the tongue, try it yourself first). You can make this quickly/easily with high-proof grain alcohol from the liquor store (cover pre heat-treated buds or kief with everclear, soak/shake a bunch then strain and carefully evaporate/reduce to the strength you want - double boiler, no flame/gas-stoves). This could all be done in a couple hours with minimal kitchen equipment, basically just a jar, coffee filters, couple of pots. Grab a few dropper bottles and you can siphon off various strengths as it evaporates.

There are good recipes for canna-milk around the web (maybe here?) The blend of fat and sugars are an ideal carrier for oral meds, especially with compromised digestion (pain drugs). Longer heating makes stronger liquid, and even a lighter steeped-tea could be good to test tolerance if he can enjoy warm liquids. Mixed in herbal tea could be a good relaxer for other cannabis-naive family members too (can be made weak with non pre-heated kief, etc).

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
excellent info rite there ^^^:)

Alchemist

Alchemist

When you say he can't eat, do you mean from nausea/vomitting, or simply due to the pain? (also trying to understand your comment about appetite inhibition, seems kind of contradictory?) Are you mainly trying to help him keep food down?

You could heat-activate the kief from your box, that way it'll be stronger than just toasted/ground bud in capsules (decarboxylation - toaster oven @ ~230F for 20-30min or other method). Gastric discomfort isn't usually a problem, kind of the opposite in my experience, helps calm things down, although it can stimulate the bowels a bit (probably not a problem with the stuff they'll probably give him alongside the morphine).

Whole-herb ingestion could be rather powerful compared to other options, maybe too strong all at once in a capsule? Heating in edible oil or glycerine might be better, the latter being easy to absorb both sublingually and by ingestion. The longer it's heated, the more cannabanoid conversion (degradation into higher ratios of CBN, the sedative and deeply restful one, good for extreme pain). Heavier oral doses can be very sedative, but with careful titration some patients use less morphine, meaning more overall alertness and ability to communicate with loved-ones.

How comfortable/receptive is he to trying your meds for relief? If he's naive to cannabis effects, perhaps you could start with a light alcohol tincture, to see if it's comfortable for him (diluted properly for administration under the tongue, try it yourself first). You can make this quickly/easily with high-proof grain alcohol from the liquor store (cover pre heat-treated buds or kief with everclear, soak/shake a bunch then strain and carefully evaporate/reduce to the strength you want - double boiler, no flame/gas-stoves). This could all be done in a couple hours with minimal kitchen equipment, basically just a jar, coffee filters, couple of pots. Grab a few dropper bottles and you can siphon off various strengths as it evaporates.

There are good recipes for canna-milk around the web (maybe here?) The blend of fat and sugars are an ideal carrier for oral meds, especially with compromised digestion (pain drugs). Longer heating makes stronger liquid, and even a lighter steeped-tea could be good to test tolerance if he can enjoy warm liquids. Mixed in herbal tea could be a good relaxer for other cannabis-naive family members too (can be made weak with non pre-heated kief, etc).

thanks a ton you answered just about everything i needed to know. to be more clear... as far as i know he isn't vomiting but suffers from extreme nausea and just can't eat. i talked with him last week and he said he had dropped about 40 lbs the past month alone. the alcohol thing sounds good but i won't be able to set all that up at my grandparents. as for the milk that sounds like the best option. last i knew he was having milkshakes & dietary supplement drinks to try and keep weight on. if i steep some milk with kief in it and put it in the fridge i'm guessing i could add that to his milkshakes. i'm not sure what type of meals he's eating but i think i'll have my grandmother add a little kief to whatever he takes in. i'll also make some budder while i'm there if i can & also depending on what exactly he's eating that budder could be added to.

The problem with all of this is i don't know how much time he has. it could be weeks or months. i'm not being told much from my grandparents or parents. all i know is whatever time he has here i just want him to feel as much comfort as possible. i know he really wishes he could eat. i'm hoping these canna products will help him atleast a little.

In times like these it really makes me angry that he can't have access to medicinal canna products. if i were in Colorado i could easily go buy some canna-oil and simply use them however i needed to make him various foods/drinks. it's truly a shame that in a person's true time of need they are denied such a useful medicine.

Thanks for responding guys. i'm sure my grandpa will thk you as well.
much respect.
alc

dirk d

dirk d

one of my patients makes an excellent alcohol tincture. not sure of the recipe but it does wonders for people with pain and nausea. I would look for some rick simpson oil as well. only need a rice grain size daily. do some research on it and hopefully you can get him some.

Cancer is a fcuk'd up disease. had to watch a loved one wither away to nothing. didn't have the knowledge i have now or the resources. good luck.

Alchemist

Alchemist

thanks man i'll def look into it. any idea on how much herb is needed for the alcohol tincture or rick simpson oil? just an estimate would really help. tks again

dirk d

dirk d

thanks man i'll def look into it. any idea on how much herb is needed for the alcohol tincture or rick simpson oil? just an estimate would really help. tks again
the tincture doesn't need much. i normally give a few zips of trim and she makes a bunch. not really sure how much but plenty. the rick simpson oil is something else. i think normal batch's are made with an lb of bud and you get 1-2 ounces of the RSO.

Top Bottom