Terra cotta pots? I’m hearing good and bad HELPP

• Thread starter TalkToMeNice1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

I just grabbed one today for when I transfer my plant but I heard good and bad things about them .. should I use it?

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

I just grabbed one today for when I transfer my plant but I heard good and bad things about them .. should I use it?
I have dozens but only use them outdoors mostly, I also have some jades and smaller stuff in them but those bitches get heavy when you get up in size. I move my plants too much to consider using them soley on the weight. I love the look of clay pots though

TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

I have dozens but only use them outdoors mostly, I also have some jades and smaller stuff in them but those bitches get heavy when you get up in size. I move my plants too much to consider using them soley on the weight. I love the look of clay pots though
I’m doing indoor would it still work? It’s 6 inches w/ one hole at bottom.

P

Phyto

They're better than plastic. Every so often if you see a white precipitate on the outside of the pots , when they're empty soak them in water. The white is minerals and nutes that have leached through the pot. But overall they're fine, just heavy. A 6" would be no problem, the plant won't be in there that long anyway.

Top Bottom