(Test grow)BOG L.S.D. Back again along with sweet and sour cindy

• Thread starter 1973chemgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

Thanks for joining in max, defiantly gonna be a fun time and sadly even though they were literally only like 6" tall at about 3.5 weeks before they got under the halides but the bad t5 lighting held them back but there def catching up now anyways point i was getting at is they are already showing sex on most even being so small but there blowing up now that there in the halides so the slow growth was my fault but actually it let them actually get abnormally thicker stalks and wider structure under the t5s so there probably gonna be big girls and are getting ready to hold up all that weight ;) but they went from around 6" a few days ago to almost 10" already and they were all topped so are also nice looking bushes so they grew almost double in just a few days lol but the t5 i believe did help with the thickening of the stalk and branches and bushing out on them and now the halides are giving them some height so a few more weeks which will be 6 weeks and into flower they go since by then im guessing they will be atleast 20-24" at the rate there growing now and that will be plenty big for the new room i have for them and if they double then that will be perfect for my headspace since im in a short 6' basement and with the refelctors i only have about 5' so i like them arounf 3-4 foot when finished stretching and nice wide bushes but alot of females are showing so far and only one male so more females to males so far ok rambling done ...pics soon ..Christmas or should say my wife has me running like a chicken with its head cut off lol shopping and all the lights being hung and odd jobs the wifes throwing my way gots me swamped so luckily there hardy as always ;)

1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

Well finally we have pics of random times of the grow of the lsd and sweet and sour cindy the weak t5 bulbs def slowed me down but the one pic will show what a little over a weeks in mh/hids can do but I do think the slow growth of the T5 definitely help with the training of them since once they were thrown under the big lights they just had to grow up to big bushes with no training needed since it was done while under the slow-growing t5s they went From around 6" mini multi topped bushes to 18"-24" bushes in a little over a weeks time and man already smells like im making candy in my basement and let a skunk lightly spray the area so def good smelling plants and all def consistant some lsd's wanted to stretch more but still trained them just right but im very excited about flowering time which will be in a week and then its all buds from there ;) maybe less then a week at the rate there growing lol 2-3" a day is great compared to the slow t5s but as i said i think i may have a new way of vegging

Just a pic of a random lsd seedling nice and green with just coco and water

Some while under the t5 just beforemoving to the big lightsImage

This is Around a week from the pic above so alot of growth once moved also they went from cups right to 2 gallon buckets with straight perlite and feading lucas formula (8ml gen hydro micro 16ml gal gen hydro bloom) with just protekt for ph up with ro water and calmag by way of gen hydro calimagic and thats it

Max Frost

Max Frost

Beautiful, bro!!! They really are taking off now, huh? Funny...I thought you were a soil grower for some reason. :confused: So, you just flower in straight perlite"?

1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

Veg in coco to keep them wetter and less watering and then i go right to perlite and have gotten better taste and yields along with potency this way so im hooked and its dirt cheap or should say perlite cheap lol but its def been great to me

1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

Also ya thats another thing is once they hit that 2' of standing nutes in the bottum they blow up .. I have everybody in my town doing this after seeing the results and the smoke is def what kept me with hempy buckets ... Im actuallt switcuing to a perlite and coco mix for the while grow now since a buddy of mine usses gen organics this way and has even better results so def easy, cheap, and awsome results ... Ive never had a plant grow so fast as i have in these buckets man they literally blow up and tric production is even better so ive been sold for years now on this style and ive even tried other ways like the ggg soil with the tea they have out now called grow kashi and taste still doesnt top these buckets and i only flush for the last few waterings so they stay green up to chop.. Ive even got alot of friends from other countries switch after seeing some of my low yielders like the GSC forum cut pull some weight compared to when in dirt and most think they will lose taste which is what i thought but taste has never been better .. I def would be a sponsor for hempy if he had a patent on these buckets lol but i also love coco grows with canna coco nutes

Max Frost

Max Frost

Also ya thats another thing is once they hit that 2' of standing nutes in the bottum they blow up .. I have everybody in my town doing this after seeing the results and the smoke is def what kept me with hempy buckets ... Im actuallt switcuing to a perlite and coco mix for the while grow now since a buddy of mine usses gen organics this way and has even better results so def easy, cheap, and awsome results ... Ive never had a plant grow so fast as i have in these buckets man they literally blow up and tric production is even better so ive been sold for years now on this style and ive even tried other ways like the ggg soil with the tea they have out now called grow kashi and taste still doesnt top these buckets and i only flush for the last few waterings so they stay green up to chop.. Ive even got alot of friends from other countries switch after seeing some of my low yielders like the GSC forum cut pull some weight compared to when in dirt and most think they will lose taste which is what i thought but taste has never been better .. I def would be a sponsor for hempy if he had a patent on these buckets lol but i also love coco grows with canna coco nutes

Niiice, bro! Ya sure can't argue with your results there! I'm not familiar with the hempy buckets. What's the deal with them? Are they a homemade rig or a commercial unit?

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Damn pretty grow man, real nice and luch green in there. Cant wait to get some coin and grab some bog gear myself, haven't run his stuff in ages.

Max Frost

Max Frost

Damn pretty grow man, real nice and luch green in there. Cant wait to get some coin and grab some bog gear myself, haven't run his stuff in ages.

Hey Big Buddy, glad you happened along here. I've been meaning to intro you to chem. You're both great folks, and I think you guys would hit it off really well! Talking to chem is allot like talking to you. I get lost after two minutes into the conversation, but I ALWAYS come away learning SO much!! Anyway...Big B., meet chem! Chem...meet Big Buddy! Haha. Y'all knowing each other is gonna be a win-win! I'm gonna PM y'all... Best, -Max :wacky:

1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

Thanks all and the hempie bucket is a homemade deal where you just have a hole 2" up from the bottum and when ya water you water till you get runoff out of the hole thats 2" from the bottum so it holds the water down there for the roots to soak them nutes up which i have it down to where i know about how much they need so get little runoff but there the easiest way to grow as far as hybrid hydro goes once the roots hit the bottum 2" they explode it makes the roots eventually turn to water roots so there is no root rot or no problems like dwc or other hydro grows but ive also done half and half perlite/coco so ya can see when there dry by the coco also the coco holds water for the upper roote which is why i veg in straight coco for better root growth and then they get put into the next bucket and surounded by just perlite and def surprised me on the taste for being grown in just coco and perlite ... Most think by the taste i use all the fancy organic nutes and soil but nope just cheap gen hydro and coco blocks and finished off in perlite there is a few huge articles online that are old and new with about 1000 pages full of info on hempy buckets so you will find alot of info on them but i did it in the start to save cash then went to all organic again and wasnt happy with it so ive been stuck on hempies for 5 years now wish id known about them 20 years ago lol

M

motz

Thanks all and the hempie bucket is a homemade deal where you just have a hole 2" up from the bottum and when ya water you water till you get runoff out of the hole thats 2" from the bottum so it holds the water down there for the roots to soak them nutes up which i have it down to where i know about how much they need so get little runoff but there the easiest way to grow as far as hybrid hydro goes once the roots hit the bottum 2" they explode it makes the roots eventually turn to water roots so there is no root rot or no problems like dwc or other hydro grows but ive also done half and half perlite/coco so ya can see when there dry by the coco also the coco holds water for the upper roote which is why i veg in straight coco for better root growth and then they get put into the next bucket and surounded by just perlite and def surprised me on the taste for being grown in just coco and perlite ... Most think by the taste i use all the fancy organic nutes and soil but nope just cheap gen hydro and coco blocks and finished off in perlite there is a few huge articles online that are old and new with about 1000 pages full of info on hempy buckets so you will find alot of info on them but i did it in the start to save cash then went to all organic again and wasnt happy with it so ive been stuck on hempies for 5 years now wish id known about them 20 years ago lol
So can you do this with soil also or just straight coco or perlite,or the combo of the two,very good idea. Was wondering if this way used with soil would hold moisture to long thus promoting root rot?

1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

So can you do this with soil also or just straight coco or perlite,or the combo of the two,very good idea. Was wondering if this way used with soil would hold moisture to long thus promoting root rot?

You guessed righ it will def cause root rot when using soil BUT others have done organic nutes and used half perlite to a mix of Hal and half coco and soil so be 1/4 soil 1/4 coco and 1/2 perlite and they say its coming up with awsome results and this way they can still use teas or other organics. But ya the most id push it to is 1/4 soil ;)

Max Frost

Max Frost

You guessed righ it will def cause root rot when using soil BUT others have done organic nutes and used half perlite to a mix of Hal and half coco and soil so be 1/4 soil 1/4 coco and 1/2 perlite and they say its coming up with awsome results and this way they can still use teas or other organics. But ya the most id push it to is 1/4 soil ;)

Interesting!!! I never knew you could mix soil into what's basically a hydro grow! I like the thought of being able to use organics/teas! I may try rigging up a bucket and giving one a try. I may hit you up on PM for a little direction if you don't mind, if I decide to. Thanks! -Max

1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

Interesting!!! I never knew you could mix soil into what's basically a hydro grow! I like the thought of being able to use organics/teas! I may try rigging up a bucket and giving one a try. I may hit you up on PM for a little direction if you don't mind, if I decide to. Thanks! -Max

i actually didnt figure it would work either as far as organic hempy goes but im using the GO general organic kit on just one now and already Finished a run that I used it just during flowering on a few and then a few my old way and the taste was definitely a lot better using the general organics but other than that ...thats about all i noticed still bigger yields then soil and hardly any flush at all but that alone is worth it since it's not much more than what I'm doing now so my buddy is doing the 3/4 perlite/coco as mentioned and 1/4 soil and using his Home brewed teas that he always used with straight soil and is getting a lot bigger yield but the same quality out of the buds that he had before but says def more potency so hes a happy camper with the outcome... I yield about 20-25% more with the hempies and getting better quility meds then all my soil growing friends so a lot of them are switching over just because of the ease of the hempy and it's cheaper also the quality and yield is so great most think im growing full organic in some special super soil recipe or something like that when they they try my meds but all I am doing is using cheap perlite and Coco so they cant believe its as simple as that and then the cheap general organics to top it off so def helps the pocket book and i get more meds and great meds at that ...now some are swearing by the TLO growing but where I take my meds is a top of the line dispensary that are very picky and still says I have the best meds he's ever had come through his door and he is the one that switched over and is trying the 1/4 soil deal and is working for him but he can't believe that I was doing what I'm doing because of the quality and taste so def looks like its to easy but ive always lived by the simple is better rule aka KISS method and ya any questions go ahead and shoot me a message im all over Facebook helping people out in private groups and got a lot of people switching to what I'm doing and all doing great and not going broke or running into troubles like they were when they were trying to make it too hard with all these new soils and chemicals/snake oils the grow stores push on everyone so i def love helping people out since I was in the same shoes and wish I had somebody that would've saved me all the money I wasted in the beginning ;)

Max Frost

Max Frost

Well, if you're getting increased yields, faster flowering & better taste/aroma, it sounds like it could be a fun experiment to try! A few quick questions if you don't mind...

How often do the buckets running straight perlite have to be watered at their most frequent?

If I forgot about the organics on the experiment, and just went with straight perlite it would work, wouldn't it? (If I'm going to try it, I need to do it with what I already have on hand if possible).

How often would a Hempy bucket running straight perlite have to be watered at it's most frequent? I can't really baby-sit it and if it's hand watered, I want to be sure I'll be available to water when needed.

Can I just germ in a peat rooting plug, then go into straight large chunky perlite? (I have lots on hand).

If I understand this right, I just take like a 5-gal bucket, put a 1" hole about 2" up from the bottom, fill with perlite, place my plug and water until I get water running out the hole. Correct?

I use all Fox Farm products in my soil grows. I have their whole line on hand except the Cha-Ching. Can I use these nutes on my experimental plant?

Thanks in advance bro! Best, Max

1973chemgrower

1973chemgrower

Well, if you're getting increased yields, faster flowering & better taste/aroma, it sounds like it could be a fun experiment to try! A few quick questions if you don't mind...

How often do the buckets running straight perlite have to be watered at their most frequent?

If I forgot about the organics on the experiment, and just went with straight perlite it would work, wouldn't it? (If I'm going to try it, I need to do it with what I already have on hand if possible).

How often would a Hempy bucket running straight perlite have to be watered at it's most frequent? I can't really baby-sit it and if it's hand watered, I want to be sure I'll be available to water when needed.

Can I just germ in a peat rooting plug, then go into straight large chunky perlite? (I have lots on hand).

If I understand this right, I just take like a 5-gal bucket, put a 1" hole about 2" up from the bottom, fill with perlite, place my plug and water until I get water running out the hole. Correct?

I use all Fox Farm products in my soil grows. I have their whole line on hand except the Cha-Ching. Can I use these nutes on my experimental plant?

Thanks in advance bro! Best, Max

Ok now to add before i answer your questions ive found that like with hydro they need less root space to get yield and have got 10oz plants in 2 Gallons ... But had to water once a day and hold them up with rope to the ceiling lol but i still use 2 gal buckets and get an average of 5-6 ozs off each for med yielders with a months veg.

Yes you can do a hole at 1" i do a 1/2" since i use smaller perlite now just cause its cheaper but some will put a screen over the hope but ive always used a 1/2" and never have a problem so i just stick to it . Now when vegging in the 1 gal i do about a 1/4 " hole just so i could use a mix of coco/perlite but you can still use a smaller whole but for you you could just stick to any type of plug like you mentioned a peat plug and bury it just as far down as ya can which is usually about 1/2-1" for me usually not deep at all and then i veg for about 3 weeks in the 1 gal and by then when ya go to transplant the roots will take hold of all the perlite and ill throw them into the flowering bucket and fill in all arounf with perlite and veg in that bucket for just a week and then flower time but i started out in the flower bucket from the get but to me it was easier to veg in coco/perlite mix or straight coco in an 18 oz cup for a week and then there completely rooted but need watered everyday at about a week in so i transplant to 1 gal from there with same perlite/coco mix and then into 2 gal buckets with straight perlite.

Now if your your wanting to just go right to your flowring buckets that works also just what i always did was water every 3rd day or sometimes id even tip the bucket and let some nutes out of the rez into a cup and pour that over the area where the plug was placed every other day or everyday when i did fewer plants and had the time thats how i did it but another reason i used smaller cups with coco is with seed id not waste as much perlite/coco on males but with perlite any loose perlite not over ridden with roots can be reused so not a big deal but with as many plants as i do now it makes it easier to do them in phases in the cups then to 1 gal and then to 2 gal finishing buckets and it just keeps then watered longer and more eficiently.

For nutes yes you can use the fox farm up on them others have and still do so it def will work for ya. So anyways i prob gave more info then asked about how your actually gonna do it so for you id stick to what ever size bucket your gonna finish in but def smaller is better since the more ya feed the more it will give back. The roots do matter but not like soil its just like hydro where aslong as ya got good amount of roots in that 2" of water/ nutes at the bottum your good and them roots will turn to water roots so wont rot and suck it up fast so more food = more flowers so the more.

Hope i covered it all but i know i added some info thats more on what i do now incase others want to know about the coco but with you as i said just let them roots dig from rooted clone to main bucket and if they dry up they will show ya by there leaves hanging but perlite as i said wicks better then most people think but this has happened to me in the begining so wont hurt them they will pick back up an hour after watering them but they will take about a week to hit the 2" rez and them watch out like in my pics they went from little clones to nice bushes in i think it was a week if now just over a week at most so they hit that rez and go nuts also to add use light nutes like ya would normally for clones then just water till you can tell they hit the rez this way they root faster looking for them nutes . Hope i was clear im not a good writer lol im more hands on for teaching ;)

ZONER

ZONER

My brain hurts from reading the posts .... But it's a GOOD pain, a learning pain. Very informative not only by 1973 Chemgrower but by everyone else's responses too.
Once again I have to thank Max Frost for directing me to the Farm ...... Thanks Max, and most of all Big Karma to 1973 Chemgrower for this awesome read.

ZONER ....

Top Bottom