Test Grow Log To Run Along Side Main Grow

• Thread starter Jamesb1985
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jamesb1985

Jamesb1985

So popped a couple of Barneys lsd seeds 12 days ago. Haven't decided if I'm going to main line these or not yet. Couple of weeks to decide. Letting them veg in these pots for a couple of weeks before transferring to their final pots. Probably go with 20 or 25 litre Pots.

Nutes I'll be sticking to Dutch pro as I always seem to get really decent results with them. Going to add a few that I've never used alongside though. Currently feeding Dutch pro grow a and b, added veg growth enhancer and will run until second week of flower. Dropping that and adding black strap molasses with Dutch pro explode. Will drop the molasses at the end of week 7 and add an's over drive for the last 2 weeks. Flushing with final solution for a week and then plain water for a week. Few pics I've just taken.

Test grow log to run along side main grow
Test grow log to run along side main grow 2
Test grow log to run along side main grow 3
Test grow log to run along side main grow 4
Test grow log to run along side main grow 5
Jamesb1985

Jamesb1985

Any point though? Not had a single comment on either log lol

Irish063

Irish063

This will be good to watch. I was going to mainline one of my Strawberry kush. It was at the perfect size and amount of nodes when I transplanted. I planned on giving her a week to adjust but didn't really have a chance to until it was two weeks after transplant. By hen she had already grown so much I couldn't bring myself to take that much growth off. I ended up just leaving them and doing some LST with them.

Good luck man.

Jamesb1985

Jamesb1985

Couple images as the lights come on. These 2 seem to be taking an age to grow. Can see them coming slowly.. decided to go for 2 50 litre bins as pots so picked these up today.

Won't report them for 2-3 weeks yet depending on how fast they grow. Being LSD I heard the stretch like crazy as they go into flowering. I like to veg as long as possible so we shall see.

Last run on dame blanch I vegged for a long time and got rewarded with 13oz of her.

Time will tell.

IMG 4986
IMG 4987
Dunge

Dunge

Pots to be used. 50 litre bins ha
I was just reading how small pots are correlated with higher yields in hydro coco grows.
I can't imagine using a bin like that for an indoor grow. What are you planning to fill them with and how are you going to manage all that material?
Good luck.

Jamesb1985

Jamesb1985

Just some light mix that I normally use. I had 13oz in a twenty litre pot off one so as this is just a test tent I'm trying bigger pot. All the old soil then goes down my allotment.

Irish063

Irish063

Couple images as the lights come on. These 2 seem to be taking an age to grow. Can see them coming slowly.. decided to go for 2 50 litre bins as pots so picked these up today.

Won't report them for 2-3 weeks yet depending on how fast they grow. Being LSD I heard the stretch like crazy as they go into flowering. I like to veg as long as possible so we shall see.

Last run on dame blanch I vegged for a long time and got rewarded with 13oz of her.

Time will tell.
what size pots are they in now?

Monster762

Monster762

Time will tell.
Yeah I had to veg like 10 weeks. On first grow n got gnats that stunted for 4-5 weeks before I found out they were my problem. So I begged 5 weeks after killing them off plants were about 6 inches. Now 4 ft flowering. Long veg makes big strong plants. Have no idea what my yield will be. I'd like 13 oz but I know 3 oz a possibility. Like I said new to it. I did a no no and squeezed a bug. They are rock solid dense.

Monster762

Monster762

Pots to be used. 50 litre bins ha
I saw someone use small trash cans like kitchen size 13 gal. I think I could make a monster from one. I went from 1 to 3 to 5 gal. I think I'm almost rootbound.

Jamesb1985

Jamesb1985

Few pics from this morning. Lights on 18/6 now. Repotting tonight in to the big pots. Will be begging another 2 weeks then to let the roots do their thing.

IMG 5040
IMG 5041
IMG 5042
Jamesb1985

Jamesb1985

Few new images to add...

Moved in to the 50 litre tubs yesterday. Drilled the run off holes first. Waiting a couple of days now until I flick to flower.

Stripped one and left one as it was. Done some reading on defoliation just before you flick and just before the third week of flower to increase yeild so trying it on the one as their the same strain. Worth a bash.

IMG 5065
IMG 5066
IMG 5067
IMG 5068
Monster762

Monster762

Nice plants. Your defoliation project will do good. Can't say for sure it will yield better. I'm on first indoor grow n no pro by any means. I defoliate all through flower n cut all lower branches that don't get light off to direct the energy to the bud sites above. Looks like you have slight taco n clawing. Minor but probably nitrogen my guess. I'd push clean water a couple times before hitting the switch. Healthier the plant goes in the healthier it transitions n comes out. Again you got nice plant with plenty of rooting area. Set up for some decent buds. I'd lower nitrogen personally. You're going to want it low in flower anyways. But again I'm kinda new so don't take me wrong. I've just been through it on this grow at first n voicing what I see.

Jamesb1985

Jamesb1985

My ec pen was down my other room so the feed was guessed. The plants were getting rootbound in the old pots so caught it just in time. Don't defoliate after third week of flower, the leaves won't grow back which will lower your yeild and quality etc. The other ten I have going are just hitting week 5 of flower tomorrow. They are monsters now.

Jamesb1985

Jamesb1985

5 days into flowering... just noticed my intake fan was off to. Must have knocked it off to use the socket and forgot to plug it in at some point...

Looking nice and healthy. People said the lsd will explode when first switched to flower and they were right... really nice looking plant though.. they look strong.

IMG 5096
IMG 5097
IMG 5098
Jamesb1985

Jamesb1985

Forgot to add, I left the lights off for 2 days before flicking to flower, read that it allows the plant time to produce enough of a hormone to allow it to change in to flower quicker. Where it takes a week or so for a plant to change to flower if you go straight from 18/6 this method can apparently reduce that to a couple of days due to this hormone. The hormone is broken down while the lights are on. A friend uses this method and swears by it to.

Worth a try at least.

Monster762

Monster762

Forgot to add, I left the lights off for 2 days before flicking to flower, read that it allows the plant time to produce enough of a hormone to allow it to change in to flower quicker. Where it takes a week or so for a plant to change to flower if you go straight from 18/6 this method can apparently reduce that to a couple of days due to this hormone. The hormone is broken down while the lights are on. A friend uses this method and swears by it to.

Worth a try at least.
I read it too. From many sources. I think it was a good move. I'll be trying it on my second run.

Top Bottom