Testing crosses new to me

• Thread starter FuriousStyles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Not unlike a few people on here I have a few seeds. Constantly making and collecting more. A preservationist for someone who will come after I leave this plane of existence.
I try to F2 open air pollinate every pack of seeds I pop. I am not a breeder, at least not what I would call a breeder, nor do I want to be.
I do however like to try different types of herb and allowing others to increase their pallet as well. Giving myself and others many colors to enjoy.
I do small batch F2 runs, saving a few of the original seeds, for when tissue culture becomes a real thing, and propagating the rest.
No selection at all, its what ever pops runs. Literally, I let it do its own thing, to try to preserve an untainted F2 gene pool as best I can in the time and space I have.
I also throw in what ever else I am running at the time, plants I know have NO STABILITY issues. I can not guarantee the seed pack being F2'd as being 100% stable.
Its the first time I run them. I can however the other varietals I throw in for fun.
For fun is the purpose of this thread. To go through some of these crosses I make. I am not breeding, I am just looking at possibilities of different combinations while making F2's
of other strains. Males are always culled from these crosses, this is not for propagation, as I said I am not a breeder, it is strictly to see what pops out.
As I run these small batches of new crosses, I want to share the possibilities of what others may find as well. Every seed is a lotto ticket and we are all winners if we find joy in this life.
This is what I enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not sell anything, this is all for personal use medication, research and development.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Not unlike a few people on here I have a few seeds. Constantly making and collecting more. A preservationist for someone who will come after I leave this plane of existence.
I try to F2 open air pollinate every pack of seeds I pop. I am not a breeder, at least not what I would call a breeder, nor do I want to be.
I do however like to try different types of herb and allowing others to increase their pallet as well. Giving myself and others many colors to enjoy.
I do small batch F2 runs, saving a few of the original seeds, for when tissue culture becomes a real thing, and propagating the rest.
No selection at all, its what ever pops runs. Literally, I let it do its own thing, to try to preserve an untainted F2 gene pool as best I can in the time and space I have.
I also throw in what ever else I am running at the time, plants I know have NO STABILITY issues. I can not guarantee the seed pack being F2'd as being 100% stable.
Its the first time I run them. I can however the other varietals I throw in for fun.
For fun is the purpose of this thread. To go through some of these crosses I make. I am not breeding, I am just looking at possibilities of different combinations while making F2's
of other strains. Males are always culled from these crosses, this is not for propagation, as I said I am not a breeder, it is strictly to see what pops out.
As I run these small batches of new crosses, I want to share the possibilities of what others may find as well. Every seed is a lotto ticket and we are all winners if we find joy in this life.
This is what I enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not sell anything, this is all for personal use medication, research and development.
I’m glad to hear you’re keeping that to yourself. Seriously.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

I did a Cherry Queen from Bodhi F2 run a while back and am just now going through some of the crosses.
I ran a couple of the Lemon Wookie v2 X Cherry Queen recently. They had a couple issues as can be seen here.

After seeing it and sampling it, I realize that with this cross it would have been better to use a LW male onto a CQ female instead of the CQ male. Cherry Queen is a Supernatural Selection seed line.
Stability is rarely an issue with SS lines but always a possibility due to the nature of what they are. Not a biggie. I am not breeding.
The cross did bring the size and vigor I was looking to get from the cross.
I have a few other crosses using the Cherry Queen males I am going to run just to see if it was the male(s) or the cross that caused the issue from the other thread.
So I have these, just getting ready to go into flower and they are looking super happy.

Afgoo Overdrive X Cherry Queen
AQ1

I love Afgoo Overdrive from TGA, awesome flavors and super quick at 49 days. What she needs though is size.
So far these look like the Cherry Queen male has added the size and hopefully I can find a pheno with the Afgoo Overdrive flavors.
If it finishes quick like the mom, BONUS!

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

I’m glad to hear you’re keeping that to yourself. Seriously.
I don't really know how to take that.
Could be you are saying I am hoarding.
Could be you think I am doing some thing wrong.
Could be a number of negative connotations associated with that statement.
Are you saying I do not share? Or your glad I am keeping F ups to myself or what?
Thanks for dropping the positive vibes as the first commenter on the thread, I guess? I don't know.

Last edited:
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I don't really know how to take that.
Could be you are saying I am hoarding.
Could be you think I am doing some thing wrong.
Could be a number of negative connotations associated with that statement.
Are you saying I do not share? Or your glad I am keeping F ups to myself or what?
Thanks for dropping the positive vibes I guess? I don't know.
Not hoarding but doesn’t sound very disciplined. Just saying glad you’re keeping the results for yourself. Just my opinion.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Got ya. I am not breeding or a breeder.
Have you never made F2 seeds and put other things in there at the same time?
That's what this is about.
I do not understand what you mean by disciplined or why you felt compelled to say that.
As I said I am not a breeder. The clean up and cataloguing is really a chore.
Thankfully I do not need your validation for things I like to do for fun.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

The way males keep popping out I should have called this Afgoo King instead of Afgoo Queen.
Which in a way is ok, keeps the trolls at bay.
Think I finally got a female, and she may be the only one. That's cool though.
I have had packs I didn't even get one, so I will consider myself lucky even if its a lone female.
Still a couple late bloomers left, so there is still hope for more.

Female AQ
AQ female

Last pic of a male, no need in showing all of them.
Could be 80%-90% male this run, no need to show them all.
AQ male

Interesting to me, to have such a high male ratio. The original Afgoo Overdrive seeds had a high female percentage at 80% (4 out of 5).
That could have just been luck of the draw in the pack I got though.
Was not planning on popping more of these, but it would be nice to know, if the whole seed batch is like that or if the percentages even out in sift numbers.
Too many other things going on, to make it a valuable time and space investment right now.

growsince79

growsince79

The way males keep popping out I should have called this Afgoo King instead of Afgoo Queen.
Which in a way is ok, keeps the trolls at bay.
Think I finally got a female, and she may be the only one. That's cool though.
I have had packs I didn't even get one, so I will consider myself lucky even if its a lone female.
Still a couple late bloomers left, so there is still hope for more.

Female AQ
View attachment 1229212

Last pic of a male, no need in showing all of them.
Could be 80%-90% male this run, no need to show them all.
View attachment 1229213

Interesting to me, to have such a high male ratio. The original Afgoo Overdrive seeds had a high female percentage at 80% (4 out of 5).
That could have just been luck of the draw in the pack I got though.
Was not planning on popping more of these, but it would be nice to know, if the whole seed batch is like that or if the percentages even out in sift numbers.
Too many other things going on, to make it a valuable time and space investment right now.
I've had strains that produce lots of confused girls. They start out growing balls, then turn female and never make another sack. It happens more than people will ever know (they already tossed em)

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

I've had strains that produce lots of confused girls. They start out growing balls, then turn female and never make another sack. It happens more than people will ever know (they already tossed em)
True true. The other two were more obviously male, this one isn't chopped yet and another day wont hurt anything, but he sure looks the part right now.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Ended up with 70% make ratio on the Afgoo Queen this run. Plants are moving right along getting ready for second top dress in another week. Nothing really interesting yet from the 3 sisters. Will have more detailed shots soon when there is something to see. End of week 3 of flower roughly 30 days from light change.
Afgoo Queens

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

End of week 6 and things are moving right along, starting to get frosty and fat. I kept a runt around in my other flower tent for S&G's she making her appearance now. Backed off the worm castings which was a mistake, they should make it 2-3 more weeks. AQ1 seems to be the more Agoo Overdrive leaner. Short and stocky like Mom same dank sweet funk. AQ2-3 seem to be more hybrid of the two P1's both funky one more sweet the other more acrid but having hints of both in each. AQ4 is straight Afgannica pungent and sharpe. All are really putting on the weight and frost. Really happy so far with this cross no signs at all of any stability issues. Do not know what happened to the Lemon Queen. Could have been a nutrient issue causing stress induced stability problem? These are looking proper so far and can not wait to harvest.

Group shot you can really see how much shorter the AQ1 female is here.
AQgrp

AQ1 Afgoo overdrive leaner, lets hope she finishes early like Mom, I don't think it will though.
AQ1

Aq1 2

AQ 2 and 3 more Hybrid feel to these, they def got the size from Dad.
AQ2 would be my keeper so far, sweet smell, with an afgan bite.
AQ2

Aq2 2

AQ3 afgan up front with sweet background. Really nice.
AQ3

Aq3 2

AQ4 Straight acrid afganny with no sweet. Tons of funk though.
AQ4

Aq4 2

Side branching and internodal space seem to be the obvious differences between the pheno's, Afgoo overdrive leaners being more compact and the Cherry Queen Leaners being more branchy and spaced between nodes.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Well it looks like the Cherry Queen crosses I made are a bust. There seems to be instability traits passed on from one of the CQ males used during the F2 run. Was really evident in the Lemon Queen (Lemon Wookie V2 X Cherry Queen) cross and now I have a pheno in the Afgoo Queen as well. My guess would be the Lemon Wookie was right next to the offender, with the instability being in all the pheno's of the cross. Certainly not worth moving forward as far as F2'ing any of these crosses. Not saying something really nice can not be found in the them, just saying I have seen enough to not make it worth my time any longer. Too bad too, I thought I had a clean run going and this pops out at like 52 days in and only in the AQ4 above.
AQ4

Top Bottom