Testing leachate when using fabric pots

• Thread starter DirtyDave1990
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DirtyDave1990

DirtyDave1990

Hey all so I’m starting my second grow (recent grow anyways) my first grow I didn’t have an ec meter so I never tested my leachate. I was going to get a meter for this grow but I started using fabric pots and am wondering if I’d still be able to test leachate. My concern is that the fabric pots leak from the sides as well as the bottom depending on how the water flows and I’m worried that means the leachate wouldn’t have had as much time to pick up the stuff in the soil and give me a good reading. Does anyone else use fabric pots If so how do you test your ppm in the soil

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Its not really leachate but more run off.. Leaching requires a little more time spent vs run off which is running right thru the soil and off the pot.

SLOW your watering down, Feed the middle of the plant a little at a time till its all absorbed that will stop the shit from running right out the side of the fabric.. Its just watering too fast is all..

and if your growing organic with no salt nutes theres really no need to check run off in my experience a good microbe colony in your soil will take care of your plants.

DirtyDave1990

DirtyDave1990

I use the fox farms ocean forest which is organic soil and I use their nute line with it but I’m not sure if the liquid nutes are organic I guess I’ll have to check that out

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I use the fox farms ocean forest which is organic soil and I use their nute line with it but I’m not sure if the liquid nutes are organic I guess I’ll have to check that out

Only 1 of the big 3 is organic the big bloom, the grow big and tiger bloom are synthetic as hell.. and green!! WHY ARE THEY GREEN!>!>!>!

Dr.B

Dr.B

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter

the only down side to that is those milk crates are 8-10 inches tall and in a tent you just killed a foot or more of head space.

DirtyDave1990

DirtyDave1990

Do you have any two you would recommend to replace the
Only 1 of the big 3 is organic the big bloom, the grow big and tiger bloom are synthetic as hell.. and green!! WHY ARE THEY GREEN!>!>!>!

anything you te

Do you have anything you’d recommend to replace the grow big and tiger bloom that are organic and serve same purpose

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Do you have any two you would recommend to replace the

anything you te

Do you have anything you’d recommend to replace the grow big and tiger bloom that are organic and serve same purpose

YES!

Infact id replace all 3..

For grow big replace with Alaskan Fish Emulsion 5-1-1

for Big bloom Replace with Medina Hasta grow 6-12-6

for tiger bloom replace with Liquinox 0-10-10 Bloom.

This is a personal recipe.

DirtyDave1990

DirtyDave1990

YES!

I’m very excited to try this because to be honest I didn’t know any of them were organic at the beginning but my plants responded best to the big bloom (which I didn’t give them enough of in the beginning so I could really tell when I finally started using that one) Can’t wait to run this next grow with all organic and see how they do

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I’m very excited to try this because to be honest I didn’t know any of them were organic at the beginning but my plants responded best to the big bloom (which I didn’t give them enough of in the beginning so I could really tell when I finally started using that one) Can’t wait to run this next grow with all organic and see how they do

And thats the purpose of fox farms there cartoon bullshit logos ect there direct impact is to draw you in and cause you to forget why the fuck your even byin there shit in the first place ooo look at this red tomato its soooo big!! then ooo shit a bat and worm on the container must be good riht!! then ooo looook at this tiger!!! TIGER BLOOD CHARLEESHEEN! mfer plez.. cartoons...

they pulled the playbook from camel ciggies of the early 90s with there fuckin camel bucks and sht.. its a ploy to draw you in and thats all..

synthetics are the death of your soil and thats as simple as its put. Organics feed microbes salts dehydrate and kill your microbes.

DirtyDave1990

DirtyDave1990

YES!

So newb question here. Do you follow one of the options on the containers for these fertilizers? I only have the one so far and I’m sure these are 100% than the fox farms but one thing I did like about fox farms was the exact detailed instructions of how and when I use which one. What schedule/mixture do you follow for these three?

cannon1

cannon1

YES!

Would you suggest following the Fox Farm schedule too for these substitutions?

Top Bottom