Testing Lighting and already worried

• Thread starter nmunkie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nmunkie

Hey guys, well Im new to all this but think my heads in the right place. Im setting up for a first grow and have purchased a MaxiBright Compact MK3 Complete 600w, it arrived earlier and I unwrapped to setup and test, plugged in the ballast without plugging the light itself in and it ticked away for 10 secs or so then stopped activity, plugged the light in and nothing..........powered off leaving light plugged in and powered on a short while later...nothing

turned it back off, waited a short time and restarted ballast and made sure to attach the light this time while the ballast seemed active, light came on, all fine ( omg I was not expecting this much light from one bulb )

my query is this, does the light need to be attached to the ballast initially before powering on? Im worried that setting it up on a timer wont work if this method need so to be used for each sparkup,,

I havent even started yet and already panicing :thinking

R

Rural_GrowOp

I'm not sure exactly what your asking but the light should be connected before powering on the ballast. As far as the timer goes the lamp will already be connected after installation so there shouldn't be any need to disconnect the lamp.

N

nmunkie

yeah I was only attaching the light after firsing up the ballast, maybe a safety func of the ballast, not sure,either way thanks for the info :)

Top Bottom