Testing New Strains

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Icristal

Icristal

@baba G Harvest has begun on the rock hard budded ladies and will be staggered thru the week.

The first to be harvested was PD#1, very small plant and ready real quick. I forgot to take a picture before cutting, but here are a couple after trimming.

All ladies were in 3 gallon pots, the next run will be in 5 gallon pots. I will post later which ones I an running in round two.

The second set of pictures are the PD#5, beautiful. Possibly a good mom choice.

Purple Drink #1

Purple Drink #5

Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

@baba G The rest of the ladies have been pulled this morning and Due to recent power outages the last couple of days PM reared it's ugly head, caught it with very minimal issues. Of the four plants left in the tent, only 2 (#4 n #7) had a few spots starting. The tent is being cleaned with a bleach solution and will be ready for the flip tonight/tomorrow, wasting no time reloading , lol I will post the pictures in next couple of days.

Based of growth and structure and buds formation, I have decided to use either PD#2 or PD#6 for a mom, both appear to be the same in almost every way.
PD#4 was very short, no stretch, but had good solid buds, maybe had 3 colas.
PD#1 another smaller plant, very little stretch, nothing distinctive about it, again solid bud formation.
PD#5 was a little taller, stretched about foot and the tops were good, did have some purple leaves, but not many.Nice structure overall
PD#7 the one that needed the most attention, minimal stretch, decent growth and still the rock hard buds, just a little too needy.
PD #2 and #6 double in height at stretch, same growth , same colors, PD#6 node spaced a little more than PD2, both same looking solid rock hard buds, both beautiful color changes late on leaves, both had the best stretch, both did not need much extra help, both resisted PM.

My two mom choices are based on growth only. Until they are tested the decision is still in limbo as to which one will be the mom. I have tried the PD#1, smells like Balsam fur, but when smoked it was a fruity and sweet citrus. Was weird that the smell and taste were so far from each other. Very pleasant smoke, smooth, no cough, and works like a sedative, hahaha. A real good night time smoke or veg smoke. But in moderation a nice mellow relaxed buzz.

Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

Hey all and @baba G , finally I can post the end of grow results. Between harvest, flipping and just life in general it has been so busy. But would do it all over again. lol Waiting to see how the second run will do in stretch and how much. They have been in there almost a week, so we will see. Trying for a little larger plant this run on 4 of them in 5 gallon pots and have 2 others in 3 gallon pots. I have kept PD #2 as my Mom. I am having yet another surgery Dec. 5th and means no stairs, so trying to get past week 3/4 of flower, which I consider if shits going to happen it does during those weeks, at least for me it does, lol Helper does okay, but want to make it simpler for them to help.

Of all the ladies harvested, I have sampled PD # 1, 4, 7, 5, All had a mild to medium earth flavor (#5 was the strongest on earth taste) and PD #1 had more fruit flavor on the inhale, but on the exhale you got the fruit/citrus on the back of the throat. The earth flavor reminds me of smoking hash. All are smooth and pleasant, and have a very narcotic effect. It is a night time smoke, relaxing, fall asleep. It is also a good pain reducer.

Now for smell, at first with so many hanging, it was a quite a mixture of them. From fruit to earth to balsam fur to fuel, it was all over the place. I will know more now separated and curing, it changes daily. But after smoking, you leave the room for a few minutes and when you return, it smells like someone cut up a lemon, this I did notice.

Here are a couple of pictures and the rest are in the next post. Keep it green all and looking forward to round two of this very nice strain.
Purple Drink #1
Purple drink 1

Purple drink #2
Purple drink 2

Icristal

Icristal

Nice work. All tight as fuck. How was yield on the PD ?
Considering they were in 3 gallon pots, I would say it was good. With the tight buds it added more than I first thought. Plus yield depends on how they are grown out by each individual. I.E. topping training, etc. And if trained right, these could give you a nice yield. The second round in the tent is in 5 gallon pots, so we will see if there is a difference, all trained the same as the 3 gallons were.

Icristal

Icristal

@baba G I finally got to test the PD#2 and 6, both top dog for me, both had the strongest earth/hash flavor with a sweet flavor (can't quite get what flavor) on the exhale and it is pleasant. Both have the same smell, earth/fruit/citrus. The buzz was much better then the others, lol, still can be narcotic, but not as dominant as it is in #1,4,and 5, these three has mild to med. earth, more fruity flavors. Anyone of these above will give you a good few hrs of nice mellow and sometime too relaxing effects. As for pain relief, they have helped at night when done for the day. Medium help with activities. The worst one was number 7, it has no taste no smell and harsh smoke, it was the hardest one to grow.

All in all I really like this strain, it is pretty easy to grow (with your help baba g). They are nice and tight plants with good node spacing and produces rock hard buds. These would be a good strain for growers with height restrictions, because they really do not stretch much, some didn't stretch at all, only 2 doubled in height. So if topped more, they would give you some real nice colas. Some will have the leaves get the purple on, but not all did. I used FFO soil and FF nutes, and added a few other things on occasion if needed to adjust. Two plants went 5 1/2 weeks, the smallest ones, and the other 4 went 8 weeks and a cpl days.

Thank you @baba G for the testers. The next strain I will be testing in the late winter/spring. :)

Icristal

Icristal

Last round of Purple Drink. They have been in the tent a little over a week. Should be ready around x mass. I am rerunning #1 in 5 gallon, 4 in 3 gallon, 5 x 2, one in 5 gallon and 1 in 3 gallon and 6 both in 5 gallon. Eliminated #7 and kept #2 as a mom. All are healthy and are thirsty girls, lol Trimmed out the extra useless stuff tonight after the picture was taken.

20161108 2042491

Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

Round 1 (seed run) is curing and some have a real nice fruity/berry/citrus taste, with earthy undertones. The longer they cure the deeper the smells become. I love this strain and the mom is sitting happy in the veg room.

Round 2 of the ladies (clone run) at about 2 weeks into flower. Did the last trim on them a few days ago and all are looking great. The 2 in the 3 gallon pots, no stretch at all. The ones in the 5 gallon pot stretched some. This is a clone run, so this may be a factor. The first grow from seed had minimal stretch too, so could be a trait too. Node spacing are a little further apart than the first run, but still all good. These are thirsty ladies, besides regular feeding, they love lots of water.

The second picture is the next test run. Mighty Mendo-it soaking. Looking forward to the next strain. shooting to be in flower after the first of the year. Depends on how fast they grow up. @baba G

Group shot
20161114 173012

Mighty Mendo-it
20161115 195049

Keep it green all
Icristal

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Round 1 (seed run) is curing and some have a real nice fruity/berry/citrus taste, with earthy undertones. The longer they cure the deeper the smells become. I love this strain and the mom is sitting happy in the veg room.

Round 2 of the ladies (clone run) at about 2 weeks into flower. Did the last trim on them a few days ago and all are looking great. The 2 in the 3 gallon pots, no stretch at all. The ones in the 5 gallon pot stretched some. This is a clone run, so this may be a factor. The first grow from seed had minimal stretch too, so could be a trait too. Node spacing are a little further apart than the first run, but still all good. These are thirsty ladies, besides regular feeding, they love lots of water.

The second picture is the next test run. Mighty Mendo-it soaking. Looking forward to the next strain. shooting to be in flower after the first of the year. Depends on how fast they grow up. @baba G

Group shot
View attachment 646250

Mighty Mendo-it
View attachment 646251

Keep it green all
Icristal
Hello Icristal!
Looks great on the test run, glad you are enjoying the strain. Def a nighttime or heavy daytime smoke for movies and food lol
The shortness and lack of stretch is very characteristic of the purple urkle, she doesn't jump much at all, also she has crappy bottom flowers where the lemon cookies has awesome lowers. Did you make any concentrates from these at all? Are you getting any grape, musty og, or cardamom flavs?

Icristal

Icristal

Hello Icristal!
Looks great on the test run, glad you are enjoying the strain. Def a nighttime or heavy daytime smoke for movies and food lol
The shortness and lack of stretch is very characteristic of the purple urkle, she doesn't jump much at all, also she has crappy bottom flowers where the lemon cookies has awesome lowers. Did you make any concentrates from these at all? Are you getting any grape, musty og, or cardamom flavs?

Thanks @baba G only 1 of them had the grape flavor (PD #1) All had the musty og flavor ( I call earthy/hashy flavor), Some more than others. PD#2 had the strongest musty/earthy best overall flavor with a hidden sweetness to it. I had 1 that had buds top to bottom, full, but it was only 24" tall , 3 colas and never stretched PD #4, this one had the strongest berry smell, but did not come across in the smoke. I have not made any concentrates, possibly with next run. The buds are rock hard and full, breaking one up gives you a nice amount, no air there, love it.

The clone run is at 22 days in flower, the ones in the 5 gallon pots did stretch more than last run, but the 2 in the 3 gallon pot maybe stretched a few inches, lol

The Mighty Mendo-it have sprouted and are now in soil. Quick sprouting like the purple drink did. Looking forward to this grow and know after the first strain, I am in for a real treat.

Keep it green all
Icristal

munchiex

munchiex

@baba G Harvest has begun on the rock hard budded ladies and will be staggered thru the week.

The first to be harvested was PD#1, very small plant and ready real quick. I forgot to take a picture before cutting, but here are a couple after trimming.

All ladies were in 3 gallon pots, the next run will be in 5 gallon pots. I will post later which ones I an running in round two.

The second set of pictures are the PD#5, beautiful. Possibly a good mom choice.

Purple Drink #1
View attachment 641954 View attachment 641955

Purple Drink #5
View attachment 641951 View attachment 641952 View attachment 641953

Keep it green all
Icristal
very nice job on that stash

munchiex

munchiex

Here is a little up date. The seeds has tails within 36 hrs. Very fast making the tails. After putting in a light pro mix soil, they started to break ground within 24 hrs. Most were completely thru the dirt except 1 of them in a day n half. This one is still taking its time to get bigger and drop the seeds shell, it is a runt right now, but I will give it a chance. All have had 1 watering from the bottom since in soil. They get a light mist each day and are on a 20hr lights on schedule. I only put a small amount of soil in the cup to start and as they gain ground I am filling in around the with more soil. Several have reached the top of the cup and never fell over, so have been filling in the additional soil around them (not shown in the pictures, will add those when finished filling in). They have also received an official number to help identify/track what happens to each one, no 2 plants are the same they say,,lol. I am looking forward to them developing and seeing what we have here. I will post updates as things change so we can see the progress. And as soon as they are real strong, they will be vegging outside on the deck with added light. I still am cleaning the flower space and nothing is going in there until I am satisfied. But these will probably be the first grow in a new tent I am looking to buy.

Just thru the ground
View attachment 610829
Gaining ground, have and will be filling around them. OOPS Looks like 2 of them missed the photo op,,lololol
View attachment 610831

Keep it green all
Icristal
ive read in a old german grow guide starting seeds in containers under 4 inches stunt plant growth n can turn them ..I hope they turn out great

Icristal

Icristal

@baba G Clone run of the Purple Drink, all are doing well. Had a minor issue due to my own fault, missed a feeding,and my lack of attention. But back on track now. They are about 32 days in flower. The ones in the 5 gallon pots had another short stretch and have doubled in height this run, 3 gallon ones, very little stretch.

Also the Mighty Mendo-it have there new shoes and are very happy campers.

This is the last update for a few weeks as someone else will be tending these for me while I convalesce. I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Holiday and will check in in a few weeks. I might lurk some, but no updates on plants for a bit.

Purple Drink clones
20161201 190228

Mighty Mendo-it in there new shoes, lol
20161201 191328

Latest posts

Top Bottom