Testing out the new XS 1500 PRO from ViparSpectra!

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

XS 1500 PRO​

Stil on offer.

If your stil using hps. Swap to led. Summers coming up

Screenshot 20230410 105741 WhatsApp
SSgrower

SSgrower

Just as I bought another led I researched Viparspectra began their KS series offering. I like the 6 bar 450w I bought but could have had newer updated & researched diodes for the 4x4 light.What's that virtue, patience? SSgrower Nice setup.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Update .light not long been on.
Jus watered two in right.
Two on left maybe tomorrow.
Just water with mychrozae.(liquid orca)
Nice foliar feed of foliar from vitalink.

Recovering well. Front left showing slight tacoing.
All plants have roots coming out bottom of 4litre pots

These are ready to go in autopots.

IMG 20230410 WA0007
SSgrower

SSgrower

Is the heatsink all aluminum? Aluminum dissipates heat "evenly" over the total "Heatsink" area. If it has other metals involved I'd like you to elaborate. I believe these newer lights are mostly "air" cooled. I built All aluminum "solar energy collectors" in my youth for Solar Energy Design Co. LTD. SS grower

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Is the heatsink all aluminum? Aluminum dissipates heat "evenly" over the total "Heatsink" area. If it has other metals involved I'd like you to elaborate. I believe these newer lights are mostly "air" cooled. I built All aluminum "solar energy collectors" in my youth for Solar Energy Design Co. LTD. SS grower
Hopefully this pic could explain clearly.

CannabiscoJ

CannabiscoJ

Nice write up. Very interested in this pro model 👌 seems it's pushing the lm301h to the limit coverage wise due to the lenses. I'm curious what degree angle they are & material. I know heat shouldn't be too be of a issue , I've used lenses in past with cobs & penetration intensity is amazing 😍 so I can imagine the lm301h would be sensational & wonder why others haven't tried this setup. I imagined a similar build when switching from blurble to full spectrum cobs & had issues with light height clearances because cobs have to be 24-30" away. This upset me into thinking the best solution would be a quantum board or light bar type light with lenses over the diodes to help with coverage, intensity & even out Hotspots. My only question with this light would be the driver manufacturer.. also why not any other sizes or a light bar type? Is this a trial for lenses? Could one get custom lenses put on any of your lights in house by vipar? Only improvement could be size & evo diodes & type of light distribution board vs bar. Great Light though guys ! Really impressed with the design & coverage #'s.

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Nice write up. Very interested in this pro model 👌 seems it's pushing the lm301h to the limit coverage wise due to the lenses. I'm curious what degree angle they are & material. I know heat shouldn't be too be of a issue , I've used lenses in past with cobs & penetration intensity is amazing 😍 so I can imagine the lm301h would be sensational & wonder why others haven't tried this setup. I imagined a similar build when switching from blurble to full spectrum cobs & had issues with light height clearances because cobs have to be 24-30" away. This upset me into thinking the best solution would be a quantum board or light bar type light with lenses over the diodes to help with coverage, intensity & even out Hotspots. My only question with this light would be the driver manufacturer.. also why not any other sizes or a light bar type? Is this a trial for lenses? Could one get custom lenses put on any of your lights in house by vipar? Only improvement could be size & evo diodes & type of light distribution board vs bar. Great Light though guys ! Really impressed with the design & coverage #'s.
Yes, the lens is designed to achieve uniform PPFD distribution, allowing plants to be illuminated by uniform light for better growth. The lens angles in different positions are different. The brand of the driver supply is Sosen. And It is expected to develop a model that is larger than the XS1500 PRO, so stay tuned~ Regarding putting the lens into the bar light, we will seriously consider it, thank you for your suggestion. 😊 Happy growing!🤟💚

SSgrower

SSgrower

I can speak to Sosen as a top contender in business since 2011. They make other horticulture products like shop led lighting. SSgrower

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Just cleaning the 3x3 tent out
Thrn gota clean autopot system
So a few more days wil move plants into there and can turn the XS1500 PRO up for anuva week or two the. Wil be flipping.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Got trustfalls oreoz bak off my pal. Gave him a cut of it jus messaged me today to giv me one bak.
Forgot all about this.
Heres trustfalls oreoz i gota grab tomorrow.

So wil be
1 chilled cherries
2 z33
1oreoz

And couple testers hopefully can fit them in

Screenshot 20230418 200449 WhatsApp
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Moved four into the 3x3
They be under the the xs1500 pro for one week then wik flip because wil fil up quickly.
Got few more to put in there.
Few regs waiting to sex.
Wil send pics tomoz.

Lights on full now but at top of tent til they get used to hit. Temps sitting at 27
Humidity 55

Latest posts

Top Bottom