Texas growing.

• Thread starter DaFatBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DaFatBoy

DaFatBoy

Was just curious about planting times in Texas. I've grown outdoor years ago back in my bcbd days but never really put much thought into it. I've got some decent reggie beans I'm gonna play around till the 2015 season. I've got 15 private acres looking to do some individual small plots . But again what in y all opinion is the texas prime planting season

S

ssteely71

South of I-20 , germinate March 1st, put those babies outside around April 1st, top em June 1st and July 1st, start pulling them down around end of Sept or when done.

DaFatBoy

DaFatBoy

Right on thanks. I know it's late late but like I said I've got free stock to play with and get back into a groove. Thanks again for chiming in. I'm in no hurry so I'm just reading up and learning for all the wonderful folks here on the farm

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Texas scares me, you've got moxie growing out there. Welcome! I can't imagine you'd have a shorter growing season than NorCal, and I've done as late as the end of July with seed starts, still got a decent harvest the following October.

texasjack

texasjack

It depends on where you are...in South TX you have time in E TX you're late to plant.

Last yr we did a spur of the moment gro & planted some out door in deep E TX around the 1st of June and they finished about 3-3 1/2 maybe 4 ft...they needed more veg time.

This year he planted a lot earlier.I looked at them about 3 wks or so ago and they were about 4 ft looking good growin like crazy.

DaFatBoy

DaFatBoy

Right on guys. Yea scares me too haha. It's a stubborn passion. I'm less than 100 miles from Louisana I'm pretty east lots of pines. Like I said I've got no special gear I'm playing with and it's just practice and tweeking technique... for sure don't want to be running around the month before plant out with no money for equipmenot and location prep

texasjack

texasjack

How far south are you?

100 miles from Louisiana is a little shy of Houston on the coast. I'm right on the coast...in the bayous and swamps w the gators and nutria rats. I can be in Louisiana in 10 min.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Right on guys. Yea scares me too haha. It's a stubborn passion. I'm less than 100 miles from Louisana I'm pretty east lots of pines. Like I said I've got no special gear I'm playing with and it's just practice and tweeking technique... for sure don't want to be running around the month before plant out with no money for equipmenot and location prep
Oh shit, I spent time in Shreveport. Late 60s, early 70s. We went camping every weekend when I was a kid back then--Arkansas, east Texas, Mississippi. Can't say I miss being denied entry to a public toilet. I hear it's rather different now, a lot more like California.

texasjack

texasjack

Oh hell no...don't put us in w Cali. I lived in Cali for over 10 yrs in San Diego,Long Beach and LA in the 80s early 90s.

I left not too long after the L.A. Rodney King riots...I was living right on the border of N. LB and Compton at the time... and the news didn't even show what was really going on.They were finding bodies in dumpsters weeks later but they weren't on national news.

@Seamaiden Sherveport is way north of me...i'm right on the gulf coast. If I go any further south I'd be in the water lol.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hoo boy, you chose yourself a real nice neighborhood in SoCal, damn! I've been well over 30yrs in California now, after Dad got out of the Navy.

See, when we were in Shreveport things were... not good for someone who wasn't white, Anglo-Saxon AND Protestant. Even though I'm not black, those were the kids who played with me and so I naturally gravitated towards them. One of my classmates was a 12yo girl, and she took me under her wing, sweet to me even when I asked her why she got to have boobs and the rest of us didn't.

When we moved to California and I first went into a new mall, I saw a group of black kids and immediately went over to them, I wanted to hang out, assuming they'd want to hang with me, too. They cursed me! Oh my God did they curse me, I had no idea it was coming, couldn't understand why they automatically hated me, but knew things were very different here in California.

I was in SoCal during those riots, too. There was a lot that *was* being shown on local TV that I wish I'd never seen.

texasjack

texasjack

@Seamaiden
I didn't know I was in the worst place possible to live at that time...I got out of the Navy and went to work for McDonnell Douglass in Lakewood.

The gangs just started getting really bad and the crack and meth was flowing in...there was shoot outs in the streets every day.Choppers flyin over and machine gun fire every night...almost like bein in the nam I heard them on the news talking about bad neighbor hoods and I thought "Damn i'm glad I don't live there" but I wasn't familiar w the hood names and was living right in the middle of it...I carried a 45 in the small of my back always when I lived there.

I had a big war w the Grape Street Crips when i was living in Bell Flower and the sorry cops hauled ass and left me to fight by myself. The girl I was living w showed the neighbor my grow and her daughter was going w a grape st crip and they hit my house. They stole my guns too but that was ok within 2 hrs I had a machinegun a sawed off and a 45 delivered to me. I caught 1 & held him at gun point in the middle of the night in my under wear until the sorry cops got there.

Anyway it was the biggest mess you ever seen and when it was all over I moved to Huntington Beach down by the beach.

I didn't leave Cali b/c of the gangs. It was fun I was luvin it...I aint backin down from punk gang bangers . My father got cancer back in TX & I had got strung on meth for a lil while and had to get away from it.

Top Bottom