texas kid ortega ?

• Thread starter t.o.med
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
t.o.med

t.o.med

i got these from foe but i was reading on another forum that they werent really ortega and are actually hindu kush. if tk could chime in on this it would be much appreciated thanks.

t.o.med

D

D.B.Cooper

I have 5 beans of Ortega Hashplant that I received in a trade from a friend. I was told it came from FOE20.?. Are these the same? I would like to know something about them also

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The only cross I ever had with that Ortega mom in it was an Ortega x Citrus Hashplant from the PlanB days, I didn't do the initial cross but then I worked with it a bit and made a few hybrids...I think a few of them went out as Ortega Hybrids a few years back when i auctioned a bunch of stuff off on BBay..

Tex

ISeemToBeAVerb

ISeemToBeAVerb

Hope I'm not hijacking anything, but since we're on the subject of Ortega I was wondering if anyone had grown out the Dutch Passion strain titled "Ortega"? I was always under the impression that Ortega was a clone only strain, but I was thinking of checking out the DP version. Any thoughts?

-Verb

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
That one went around as Ortega HP as well

Tex

t.o.med

t.o.med

this is what was said on the other forum

Guys.....seriously!!!

You've seen pics of the Ortega cut now....
Her growth and characteristics have been described in vivid detail
This is fact....

But yet you bring pics of LUI which is crossed using a SWT daddy

bringing SPG and Blueberry genetics to the mix and you are now
making LUI a Polyhybrid...

The pics you are claiming to be a Ortega pheno is far from it!
A person with zero cannabis knowledge could make that call
correctly by simply looking at pictures.
How in the hell can you compare an apple to an orange?
Those are SWT phenos and look more blueberry ...

Ortega doesn't build like that,,,she's tight,,chunky,and indica.
more leaf....not lose big airy buds....

Lemme tell you a lil something....I know for a fact

Foe's Ortega has absolutely 0 that's zero Ortega in her

He was only going off the description that Texas Kid gave him
who later told him it wasn't Ortega at all and he made a mistake.
It was a Hindu Kush.....

so Texas Ortega is actually Hindu Kush!
just another bit of confusion created by a human being.
It's understandable ,,,shit happens,,best to ID the mistake and move on!

I can see it's not even close by it's growth characteristics
alone,,,as well as a few seasoned vets here that have had the cut...and they have already chimed in...

so let's not create any confusion here...

t.o.med

t.o.med

so what your saying is the beans foe made are ortega x citrus hashplant or are these mislabeled hindu kush like the poster in the ortega thread believes. my buddy has these going in veg and im curious on what they really are no big deal either way just wanted to know.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Thats all fantasy talk there, no labellin mistakes on my end...all I can think is right about the same time I was running alot of Master KushxHindu Kush from the Plural of Kush collection that Gypsy had back in the day but thats it..the two had nothing to do with each other.

Most of the beans that these guys are talkin about are all marked "hybrid" there were master kush hybrid, hindu kush hybrid, metro hybrid, blueberry hybrid etc, I think there where about twelve of them...and yes there was an Ortega hybrid in there as well, my guess is that is what whoever started with.

Trust me, I know what I did..

Tex

t.o.med

t.o.med

im not doubting you at all. i just wanted to here the real story from you and not what someone else thinks happened thanks for clearing that up.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
No worries, there is a thread over on the Bay that explains every one of those crosses I believe

Tex

D

D.B.Cooper

Thanks for the info TK. My beans are labeled Ortega Hashplant f2. Did you run the Ortega Hashplant? If so, does it have good yield potential? I was going to give the beans to a friend to run, but havent been able to part with them

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
There is a fat ass Ortega pheno in there that I liked the most, took a little bit of the spindley tendency out of the HP IMO

Tex

B

bicycle racer

i have grown ortega as a clone its an older strain from what i understand indica in origin one of the genetics used in sensi seeds black domina strain which is an indica dom mix. decent strain but i preffered the more refined black domina imo.

D

D.B.Cooper

Thanks for the info TK. I will be looking a cracking them shortly

A

azmatis

legends has a strain called ultimate indica thats a ortega cross
up here in canada, nice stuff ran it few times

Top Bottom