TGA meets California Sunshine

• Thread starter Subcool
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GDS StonerBoy

Yea I will have to ask him I have the idea he culls in large groups as he grows mainly from seed. he told me "They don't get this big from Clone Sub" Thats debatable but he certainly knows his shit.

I have heard something very similar to this before but i've never seen it debated. IMO though i feel as if this could be true because none of my clones ever have as much vigor and stature as they do from seed.

Anyway though, your friend has an awesome garden. Hopefully some day I'll be able to walk along the same lines!

B

BITYmagicBeanz

lol i like them pictures. looking good. from the weed eater from the sky they will just look like huge bushes

YUM

R

RedSky

:DNice to See you here Sub Cool...the Cali garden looks fantastic too bro and keep up the good work even though others seem to have attitude. Your Work speaks for itself I'd Say:wub:Good Luck with the Season

:DPeace in your Pipe

S

Subcool

Update Sept1

Its been a long time since MrGreen had time to send me updates but he finally did and you guys are in for a treat. Now I have never been more convinced that Root size determines plant size as Kareems Clone plants are much bigger than these in containers. I think it boils down to Root size cause MrGreen has a better climate(More sunshine)

Lets check the progress

He also sent this information along with the pictures

The plants are grown in 100 gallon pots. the pots were way too small as the plants were being watered in the morning and around 4pm as they would dry out. im thinking of going up to 300 gallon pots and maybe doing about 10 holls in the garden. im thinking 5x5 feet perhaps??
> my soil of choice is fox farm happy frog. i add about 20% perlite and a 10 lb bag of worm castings. i start off by doing a light watering of fox farm grow big and sensi cal grow along with floralicious plus. i adjust water ph to 6.3 . i also add a michrorizhae made by a company out of eugene oregon called oregonize or something like that. the plants are fed from a 2500 gallon reservoir and it is all mixed up together. when veg growth progresses, i bump up the growbig and sensi cal grow. i continue to use floralicious plus. the michrrizhae is only used when plants are seedlings up to 8 inches tall.
> Around august 10th, we will add flowering nutes. this time it is floranova bloom with koolbloom. i continue to use floralicious plus. cuz the wallet was low, this year i alternated between floralicious plus and age olds liquid sea kelp (30$ per gallon compared to $150 per gallon for floralicious plus). I liked this schedule and it is cheaper and i think better. the floranova bloom has lots of nitrogen, which i like. i beleive in moderate to high nitrogen from beggining to end. i dont want any yellow leaves!!! lol
>

Subcool090108anotherblueberry
Subcool090108blueberry
Subcool090108butanotherblueberry
Subcool090108ch9flowerfeminized
Subcool090108cheeseprogress
Subcool090108gf
Subcool090108lemonkushcouple
Subcool090108myfriendsweettooth
Subcool090108nothasweettooth
Subcool090108purplekush
S

Subcool

TGA From Seed

More from this amazing garden many of our strains are featured in these shots.

Subcool090108querkle
Subcool090108secndsite
Subcool090108sweettooth
Subcool090108theflav
Subcool0901081stsite
Subcool0901082ndsite
Subcool090208standingbyjc2
Subcool090208amidreaming
Subcool090208biglots
Subcool090208closeupshot
S

Subcool

Perspective

This garden and the Oregon med garden are competing for prizes from me and I am glad I have 3 judges to make the choice.

The compitition heats up as MrGreen shows how big the garden is with perspective shots.
ODC says that MrGreens plants are much futher along due to altitude in his opinion.
I thought it was that hes further south.

Regardless amazing gardens both of em.

Subcool090208fromadistance
Subcool090208imlostwheredoigo
Subcool090208standingamongstlilmonsters
Subcool090208standingattheperimeterofthegrow
Subcool090208standingbetween2lemonkush
Subcool090208standingbyc4
Subcool090208tryingagain
Subcool090208tryingtobecool
Subcool090208wideshot
N

N.Rockwool

Hey Sub... From the title of your thread, I thought you knew my buddy California Sunshine for real... You know that window pane shit... Hehehehe I haven't seen him since 1998 in Ottawa...... Wow did I have troubles getting home that day.... :sun

Norm

G

GrowTech

Nice set of ladies you've got there... Those shots of the hill remind me of Santa Barbara. Very nice.

S

Skunkenstein

This is a guy who has done serious work...I've harvested many-a -outdoor grow, it's labor intensive to say the least !! The one thing I began doing several years ago, was to Bury my containers. It makes a Huge difference on the watering requirements. My summertime temps can stay in the high 90's to triple digits for a month or longer..from mid July To Mid Aug.The rootmass can just cook with the sun beating down all day! Atleast HIS containers are White, that helps!!I have also gone to the 30gal size Smart-pot..Very impressive growth rate to say the least.The air pruning really works wonders..The plants just Bush-out like crazy.Almost too good.I have some swt#3 and a ww/hybrid just going crazy right now.The smart-pots are made of a tough felt material,light weight,and very affordable.And they are happy in their holes in the ground.The less watering the better!! This mans work is absolutely beautiful..too bad we could'nt all Grow out in the open !!! I love these Photos...I can operate aMean set of Scissors...Cheers

E

esben

wonderful crazy stuff, have to visit you guys before i go for shure!

F

FastForward

Yeah, by now it must be uber big stinky bud pr0n centraal....

T

trailmix

Outdoor Heaven! Given the space and seclusion, this is a great example of what can be accomplished in full Cali sun. Any idea what harvest weights will approximately be, Lol!

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok any updates. I am hoping the rain didnt hurt anyones potential. I am so jealous of these.......they look so tasty. Great job!!

kinger

kinger

Very NICE!I love the cali sun,nothing better.Those plants are amazing,where would you get 100 gallon pots?

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Why not go into the ground? Root size would be much better however it would take a little more water. Maybe line the holes but not the bottom. Besides that WOW!! I am real jealous of these and would give anything for a chance. Good job...... Props to the Breeder SubCool for the Genes. Thats half the battle!!

Top Bottom