Sativa Effect: * * * *
Indica Effect
:
Taste
:
Potency
:
(Ratings are based on a 5-Star Scale)

Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication! Vortex: a sativa​
dominant hybrid, demonstrating the best of both worlds. Listed as 80 : 20 - Sativa : Indica hybrid, this batch leaned more toward the stoning side. Not quite the energetic and upbeat high that I was expecting, but more of a mentally-expanding avalanche of raw power. If you ever wanted to try a sativa that has the ability to knock you down, and keep you there, this is the one to pick up. Although not a Cannabis Cup winner –yet- Vortex did win thebest Sativa award at High Times’ Medical Cannabis Cup: San Francisco in 2010. And with lab tests assaying at 19% THC, the potency is no joke.​
Vortex is a mix of old-school and new genetics, creating a stellar experience. Developed from Apollo 13 and Space Queen, or, (Genius x P75) x (Romulan x C-99), one could see how this hybrid could be detrimental to your consciousness. Aesthetically, she leans slightly more toward Apollo 13, with vivid coral-toned pistils and small foxtail formations. The Space Queen shines through as well, as the buds were extremely dense, and somewhat squat, reminding me of some Romulan that I had seen prior.​
The fragrance is fantastic. It’s a tropical-citrus with a funky twist, followed by a nuance of something woody. It’s somewhere along the lines of mango-pineapple, tossed in with a dash of maraschino cherry sauce and overripe bananas, a lemon-rose concoction, and the slightest hint of pine. It’s quite unique. One of my favorite parts is the sheer pungency of the aroma. This isn’t the kind of herb you have to dive into the jar to smell… having a container open for more than a few seconds will fill up an entire room! Anything less than storing it in an airtight jar just isn’t going to cut it.​

The flavor is enjoyable as well, although, not quite as much as the fragrance. Nonetheless, they are both pretty similar. The flavor is like mango-lemonade, with a roasted hickory-chestnut backing, and a really nice nuance of pineapples. The smoke has an awkward dryness to it. Not in the sense that the bud was too dry, or harsh, or anything of that nature. Just that after you inhale, it seems to quickly dry out the palate.

The effects are highly modulated by the length of the cure. When I first sampled it, the cure was too short, leaving the effects feeling slightly hollow. After curing it for a full eight weeks, it had a wholeness that really seemed to bump up the potency.

Most of the high is cerebral, with a slight body-numbing buzz to it. It makes for a great night-time smoke, as I found normal day-time tasks difficult to achieve after consuming. I have really enjoyed its versatility. In small amounts, it increases energy, mood, and focus, while in larger amounts, it is predominantly introspective, sedating, and mentally psychedelic. Regardless, the high is extremely clean. It makes for a fun night out with friends, working just as good for a night in, and even suits rainy days. If ingesting in large amounts, keep the physical activity somewhat low. Light tasks, such as walking, reading, meditating, or listening to music are perfect. Watch out though, smoke too much and the effects take on a stupefying and somewhat mind-bending confusion. Try to lineup the comedown with either a nap, or the rest of the evening in, as there is a very heavy feeling with a slight headache afterward.

Medical Value:

o Analgesia
o Antiemetic (Including Motion-Sickness)
o Soporific (Medium – High Dosages)
o Increased Focus (Low Dosages)
o Muscle Relaxation
o Increased Appetite
o Anxiolytic / Therapeutic
o Depression / Mood Enhancement

I have a lot more photos for this strain. They were taken free-hand, and to eliminate the blur, I over-corrected the sharpening a little bit.. so I chose to leave them out, unless someone requests to see more.

This is my first strain review here. I would love to hear some feedback. Any questions, comments, critiques, or otherwise, are much appreciated.

I hope you guys enjoyed the read. :)

Tga seeds vortex
Tga seeds vortex 2
Tga seeds vortex 3
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Looks tasty. I've got some Cheese Quake going so I'm curious about SubCool's genetics. I'm also using his soil recipe. Nice job.

outwest

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

That sounds like a compilation of a handful of my favorite strains. I really enjoyed UK Cheese. Not as big of a fan of "The Cheese" or "Blue Cheese" though. Urkle is amazing as well. Both strains should be pretty perfect for breeding stock. Throwing Space Queen on top of the two is just humorous. I have no doubt you will be highly impressed with the strain.

I have sampled two TGA Seeds' strains, that I know of, being Vortex and Agent Orange. In nearly every aspect, in my opinion, the Agent Orange was superior. I thought the Vortex was a great strain, but it's just simply not hitting that little sweet spot I need to throw it into my "top smokes". I'll take it over half the strains on the market, don't get me wrong, it just wasn't my favorite by any means.

His soil recipe is ridiculous! It looks nearly good enough to eat. lol. I would love to hear how the grow, and especially, how the smoke goes. Keep me posted!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Check out my chaos diary (in my sig) to see the SuperSoil in action. This is my first time running it. It's been interesting. The plants did their normal adjustment then takeoff after being transplanted. Once they hit the layer of super soil, they freaked for a second, then really began to take off. Unbelievably vigorous. I'm about 3.5 weeks into veg.

outwest

B

Burned Haze

surprisingly I'm not a fan of Vortex or Apollo13, Always liked anything with JTR over it. I guess with having ADHD I'm not a fan of speedy weed.
But love JillyBean! Prolly in my top 3 strains :D
Tried nearly his whole seed list ( TGA) and Really a fan of his JB and his Ace of Spades right now, Pandora's Box is awesome but a bitch to clone (2-3 weeks when rest are under 10 days)

If you like couchlockers/sleep helpers than try QrazyTrain, 2/3 phenos were beyond any other strain. Not sure why it was 2x the sleeper than ether of it's parents.

Nice report and nothing personal on the bad review my way, Can't be pleasers all ways. Plus theres alot of people who have agreed with me on that :P

-BH

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

So I understand, there are a couple different phenotypes. When I tried this batch of Vortex, I have to say, I became bored with it very quickly. I would still say it is a strain worth smoking, but not a must grow, top-5 strain, or something of that nature. If I could get my hands on a phenotype that leaned more toward Jack Herer, I would be really pleased. I think it's one of those strains that you could probably search through and find a keeper, but I didn't find it in this time around.

B

Burned Haze

So I understand, there are a couple different phenotypes. When I tried this batch of Vortex, I have to say, I became bored with it very quickly. I would still say it is a strain worth smoking, but not a must grow, top-5 strain, or something of that nature. If I could get my hands on a phenotype that leaned more toward Jack Herer, I would be really pleased. I think it's one of those strains that you could probably search through and find a keeper, but I didn't find it in this time around.

Try jillybean! It's super energetic without any paranoia or anything like that, it's feel good ganja and super unique in that way. Like stated above ive grown almost almost all TGAs gear and jillybean is def my favorite, all 3 pheno's i found were A+

Anyways it's always so much fun hunting and trying new genetics :)
BH

jyip

jyip

i like ur report, good info there, as well as informative posts too,,,, i had recenlty smoked this strain called sourpatch,,,and the
The smoke has an awkward dryness to it. Not in the sense that the bud was too dry, or harsh, or anything of that nature. Just that after you inhale, it seems to quickly dry out the palate.
taste was like a sourpatch lemon hardcandy with that sou dust on it,,, it tssted on the tip of my tongues drying it almost,, and sounds like the descriptioni quoted from ya,,,,, very motivational weed,,,,and strong/potent/looked like urs too

anyhow,,,,

BURNED HAZE
Try jillybean! It's super energetic without any paranoia or anything like that, it's feel good ganja and super unique in that way. Like stated above ive grown almost almost all TGAs gear and jillybean is def my favorite, all 3 pheno's i found were A+

Anyways it's always so much fun hunting and trying new genetics :)
BH
does jilly bean hava similiar taste then too?? i like that soury tte, never smoked any of the sour weeds b4 thhis

spacebomb

spacebomb

Jilly beans Lovelly. My PHENOS are all cherry like. Some more resinous so I need to run her again. AndI'll keep 2,PHENOS . :-). Its in my top 5 ,like. .. :-).

spacebomb

spacebomb

Subbys genetics are amazing bro. I. M. H. O
:-) THE BEST HANDS DOWN. I'M RUNNING A FEW AND HAVE EVEN MORE PACKS TO GO THROUGH :-) WITH A FEW I AIN'T RUN BEFORE. vortex is 1,of my favourite SATIVA doms also
:-) you won't be DISAPOINTED. Most of them like, plenty of food aswell:-).

Latest posts

Top Bottom