TGA Subcool's Deep Purple & Agent Orange

• Thread starter wanderingwobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wanderingwobble

Hello all! Thanks for stopping through! I have a few grows under my belt, but its been a while. I still have way too much to learn, its overwhelming sometimes. Ive been doing my reading in between grows here and @ other forums though. Would greatly appreiate anyones help/constructive criticism or whatever you wanna call it. Anywho. Grabbed a 5 pack of Deep Purple, and a 10 pack of Agent Orange. Popped em all, 100% germ rate. Healthy beans. One if the DPs never made it out of the soil. :/ whatevs. got em in some black gold seedling mix. Gonna transplant to roots organic. Dont have space at the moment to mix soil or let it sit, anyone have any recommendations on a simple organic recipe? One that would be easier in a smaller setting if possible. Ill post pics later if I can figure it out, that shit always gives me problems in forums for some reason. Theres really not much to see @ this point anyways. As of right now theyre under a 400w mh. All look really healthy except one funky ass DP, its first set of true leaves are kinda twisted up from being trapped by the cotelydons for too long. Looking for a couple good females, but actually hoping for a strong DP male to make some x's later. Still working on my plan for my flowering room, gotta get my shit in gear. Thanks for stopping by! like I said earlier any input possible would be greatly appreciated!

B

B00P

Pulling up seats to this. I haven't heard of Deep Purple before but the Agent Orange is killer.

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Best of luck with ur TGA gear. I ran the Agent Orange, Chernobyl, Vortex and Querkle last winter. I will be checking in on these babies. Post up some pics and get this show started, bro! Search for my TGA grow. There is good info in there for u!

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

I've been running DP for a while now. I went thru a 5 seed pack and picked the best pheno after the first run. It's a lot like the querkle. Keep the nutes light until u notice the plant taking off then start to boost them. I run an organic soil mix so I usually don't have to worry too much about over feeding. It's a slow vegger and packs on the nodes tight too. So it's hard to keep in a room with other faster growing strains. I found a couple strains that grow at the same rate and keep them together in one room.

jagle

jagle

i dunno what i can say man.

you seem to know your shit. killer genetics.
dont worry about the fucked up from being stuck in the seed for too long, had that happen twice before, both plants took just a lil longer to recover and get back on track, but once they do, no stopping them.

other then that im along for the ride, but it seems you got it tight.

whats the flowering room plan then?

you got plenty of time, they have another 6 weeks of veg at least

W

wanderingwobble

Yeah I was kinda planning on the DPs to be my persy nuggs,, and the AO to be my cash crop. Im reading everywhere that its subcools heaviest yielder. I got a new batch of seeds in the mail! The attitude has never steered me wrong I must say. Got a 3 pack of Emerald Triangles Royal Purple Kush, a 3 pack of World of Seeds Strawberry Blue, and a Greenhouse mixed pack of 5 White Widow and White Rhino. They fuckin seriously gave me a dozen free femmed different strains with my order as a christmas/new hears promotion! Super pluggin it. So I popped 2 Strawberry Blues, 2 White Widow, 2 Royal Purple Kush, 2 Dinafem Blue Widos, 1 nlxbb, 1 G13 Blueberry Gum, 1 THSEEDS MK Ultra, and 1 Delicious Fruity Chronic Juice. So. Lol hopefully I dont run out of veg space. I figure as soon as I get a decent batch of clones off each ill scrap em. Id like to keep them, space may be an issue though.

W

wanderingwobble

Im working with 8'x11', so im thinking of grabbing two 1000w ballasts. Then I seen these adapter cords that split 1000watters into 2 600w reflectors. But it actually only runs them @ 500w apiece? Was kinda confused as to how that works but it does. Open reflectors, im planning on grabbing a portabke AC sometime in the next month or two. Plan in keeping it semisealed so im running co2 for the first time. Can anyone point me to a thread that will break that down to me?

symbiote420

symbiote420

I'm 19 days in bloom today with the Agent Orange, got a JTR leaner and a Orange Skunk leaner, I've smoked some before but this is my 1st time growing it and it's been a breeze so far, good luck you made a great selection, Idk much about that Deep Purple either but I've seen it in Sub's catalog.

ExoticGenetix

ExoticGenetix

Tight Ass Farmer
I've grown the deep purple many times. I actually have made a few hybrids using the short Urkle pheno. They are a beauty but the Urkle pheno stays short but is ultra purple! It's nasty! You should have a good time why it. I wish you luck bud!

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Considerable difference between the main agent orange phenos. I'm running the tall resinous one, and found holding the day/night temps close through stretch helps keep it from going crazy. Seen a few others on the ceiling where this wasn't done. Be patient if you want big yields, it packs on weight near the end.

W

wanderingwobble

You guys feel free to post links to your grows in here if theyre @ all related. Id love to see any of subcools gear, and the search feature always seems to twitch out on me when im on here. So, symbiote, exotic, and cerebro, lets see? Ive been waiting almost 4 years to grow again, trust me patience isnt gonna be an issue. Exotic, how was your yield with the DP? Any dry nugg shots? I kniw what youre sayin tho, that shirt urkel is exactly what im lookin for. Cerebro, so youre sayin just dont let the temp wander @ the beginning of flower? Keep it the same day and night?

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Im working with 8'x11', so im thinking of grabbing two 1000w ballasts. Then I seen these adapter cords that split 1000watters into 2 600w reflectors. But it actually only runs them @ 500w apiece? Was kinda confused as to how that works but it does. Open reflectors, im planning on grabbing a portabke AC sometime in the next month or two. Plan in keeping it semisealed so im running co2 for the first time. Can anyone point me to a thread that will break that down to me?

The sunpulse splitter only works with sunpulse lamps for one and you have to run it with a magnetic ballast. What it's doing is overdriving your magnetic ballast to be able to supply the juice for two 600W bulbs. They claim it'll cost less to run than two 600W ballasts but that would simply mean it wasn't powering them to their specifications. You can do this with a magnetic ballast because unlike a digital ballast there isn't circuitry involved to stabalize the output current. There are protection features but all electronics are built with a 20% overload capability. In my opinion it's not the best idea to do. Ballasts aren't designed for it and you aren't getting the full potential out of the bulbs. The only reason I see for using magnetic ballasts is that they have much lower RF leakage and it won't interfere with surrounding low band radio waves (like HAM radio). If you get a good digital ballast they usually have really good dampening circuits to reduce the RF output. I run 8 hydrofarm phantoms and have never had an issue.

As far as semi sealing the room, that's pretty difficult. I'm not sure of a thread that talks about it but i'm sure there is one. If you are intaking and exhausting air in the room then you are pulling the CO2 you add right out of the room. So you have to either seal the lights or seal the room. If you seal the lights you need air cooled hoods and a maze of venting connected to an exhaust fan. Pull the air from outside the room thru the lights then exhaust that out of the room. That way your room air stays the same and the CO2 levels can remain high without constant massive CO2 loss.

The other way is to seal the entire room and connect up an AC unit big enough to handle the heat put off by the amount of lights you're using. That's what i do now. It makes life a lot easier and you don't have to worry about making sure the glass on the vented hoods is always as clean as possible. (that was a pain in the ass).

hopefully that helps a little.

Here's some pictures of my deep purple:

Room_1_-_DeepPurple_4_-_35days.jpg

Room_1_-_DeepPurple_4_-42days.jpg

Room_1_-_DeepPurple_3_-42days.jpg

Deep_Purple_1_Mom_Base.jpg

I've got some better ones somewhere, let me go find them.

W

wanderingwobble

Head~ thx! My guy @ the shop told me they dont overdrive the ballast, they just run both bulbs @ 500w's? I was planning on running magnetic ballasts for the first run or two, funds are kinda low. when I said semi sealed Idk why I said that lol. Im not planning on having ventialtion, planning on having open reflectors and an AC. do you think it woukd actually be worth buying an extra two ballasts? I figured 4x500w wouldnt give me donkey dicks, but im basically going SOG so wouldnt that penetrate the canopy enough?

W

wanderingwobble

Also ive read a couple threads where folks use thise splitters w/digital ballasts. And several where people arent using sunpulse bulbs, I figured that was just a marketing ploy they threw on the product. I guess this is also just hearsay since ive only read it, so please give me your honest opinion. Im still planning and stackin cash for my flowering room so lemme kniw your thoughts before I waste cash on useless/fucked gear.

W

wanderingwobble

Planning in running co2 for the first time also. Gonna need lots of help with that as well. But my homie is giving me a digital regulator and some other fancy shit in like a month and a half. Is there any way I can manually release co2 in the room every few hours til then? Akso is it bad to be in the room with the co2 on? My homie said once I figure out how to manually do it just have a fan where its being released, and a fan to stir it up by the roots?

W

wanderingwobble

Some nice colors on those DPs! Is there any purpling on the calyxs or just the leaves? Those look a little airy, my old urks were super dense. How many phenos did you find in your pack? Or were you running from clone?

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Some nice colors on those DPs! Is there any purpling on the calyxs or just the leaves? Those look a little airy, my old urks were super dense. How many phenos did you find in your pack? Or were you running from clone?

yeah the Calyx's turn purple as well with that pheno. If you look close you can see them. That sucks the picture makes them look airy. They are actually super dense. almost too dense. most of the top cola's I prefer to grind up so they smoke right out of a bong. They don't form the biggest cola's compared to other strains but the smell and flavor make up for it.

I found 3 pheno's out of 5 seeds and only 4 females. 2 of them were very similar, produced smaller buds and didn't turn purple really at all. But Sub says to sprout the entire pack to see if one turns out very purple. I always thought it was kind of a bad name for a strain that rarely turns very purple but whatever.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Head~ thx! My guy @ the shop told me they dont overdrive the ballast, they just run both bulbs @ 500w's? I was planning on running magnetic ballasts for the first run or two, funds are kinda low. when I said semi sealed Idk why I said that lol. Im not planning on having ventialtion, planning on having open reflectors and an AC. do you think it woukd actually be worth buying an extra two ballasts? I figured 4x500w wouldnt give me donkey dicks, but im basically going SOG so wouldnt that penetrate the canopy enough?

If i were you and you want to stick with 600's then i'd just go with all 600 watt ballasts. 500W on a scrog will work but it's not going to produce like ur hoping i bet.

I'm not sure if the shop knows what they're talking about. Why would u want to power a bulb designed for 600W with only 500W? It wouldn't ignite the gasses properly to give you the light you're looking for. It works because of how electricity works. In a magnetic ballast the resistance of the bulb is what determines the current flow thru it. Therefore if you have a bulb that has a smaller resistance then the ballast is looking for it's going to draw more amps from the transformer inside the ballast. Which is the same thing as overdriving the ballast. It will work but the ballast is running harder than it's designed which reduces the life of the ballast and the bulb. I guess growers don't really care about the life of the bulb if they're replacing them regularly. I really haven't seen anybody using them and boasting about them so that should say something.

If money is an issue buy what u can and upgrade on the next grow.

W

wanderingwobble

For sure, that makes way more sense than the way he explained it. Fuck it I guess ill go with 4 600s! Thanks for your input man! what size AC should I get? Id like it to be slightly overkill for future preparation

Latest posts

Top Bottom