Thanks for all the informative posts (from another new member post).

• Thread starter MerryJane22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MerryJane22

MerryJane22

This is my very first grow and I've learned so very much from you all....been scouring this site for several months prior to germination. SO MUCH HELP!

My crop is basically auto flowers in 3 or 5 gallon smart pots. I'm growing organically with the Smoking' Tomatoes line from Morgan composting here in Michigan. Only thing I added to the soil was mycorrhiza (Mykos brand) and extra perlite. I started out in a self-made grow/germination box (shown here) and allowed them to get to the point in the second picture indoors (2 weeks) and they mostly all had 3-4 sets of new leaves....the other pic is their first day in their final homes outside at 15 days since sprout. I slowly acclimated them to outdoors starting w/ shade and working to full sun. They seem to love it so far.

I have a mix of Bubblegum, Lemon haze and Blue Dream here. The big girl is a Spaceghost that was gifted to me 3 weeks ago (she is 8 weeks now).
I must say though.....I'm like a mother hen to these plants......hoping I can relax a little as time ticks by :) but, so far all is well.....trying to get the watering down pat and it turns out I read overwatering so often I actually was going the opposite direction. A work in progress.

Anyway, thanks for all of you sharing such great info. Happy growing !

1 plants
Thanks for all the informative posts from another new member post 2
Thanks for all the informative posts from another new member post 3
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
This is my very first grow and I've learned so very much from you all....been scouring this site for several months prior to germination. SO MUCH HELP!

My crop is basically auto flowers in 3 or 5 gallon smart pots. I'm growing organically with the Smoking' Tomatoes line from Morgan composting here in Michigan. Only thing I added to the soil was mycorrhiza (Mykos brand) and extra perlite. I started out in a self-made grow/germination box (shown here) and allowed them to get to the point in the second picture indoors (2 weeks) and they mostly all had 3-4 sets of new leaves....the other pic is their first day in their final homes outside at 15 days since sprout. I slowly acclimated them to outdoors starting w/ shade and working to full sun. They seem to love it so far.

I have a mix of Bubblegum, Lemon haze and Blue Dream here. The big girl is a Spaceghost that was gifted to me 3 weeks ago (she is 8 weeks now).
I must say though.....I'm like a mother hen to these plants......hoping I can relax a little as time ticks by :) but, so far all is well.....trying to get the watering down pat and it turns out I read overwatering so often I actually was going the opposite direction. A work in progress.

Anyway, thanks for all of you sharing such great info. Happy growing !
Looking good. Lots of knowledge on the farm. Keep us updated on your progress as well as any questions. Happy grows.
Burnz

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Welcome to the Farm @MerryJane22

If your up to it head on over to the grow diaries section. I'm sure plenty would be interested to follow along. Great way to keep track of your progress and other to help if needed.

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Thanks Burnz, Aqua and Beach !

This is so much fun.....I ended up germinating a few new Bubblegums a couple days ago and planted them in the grow box & ones already showing :)

I will indeed make a grow journal here....since all of yours were where I gathered a bundle of fine tips and tricks. I appreciate the progression photos.

Thanks for the heads up on sulphur, Beachwalker.....I'll keep my eyes on it. Although I'm thinking it may be my crappy photo? the areas of bright green are all where new growth is coming in (and the growth is def not been slow). Also, all of my autos have the same bright green patch in the center where all the cluster of new leaves are coming in.

I've been trying to keep up with my PH testing both the soil and water (and then the soil and water mixed, lol). I ordered a PH meter to help make this a quicker process. The strips are a PITA.

Again.....wonderful site, glad I found it !

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

***I should add that here in Michigan we are allowed 12 plants per residence and this will put me at 13. I have always liked the bakers dozen approach though :)

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Hmm....looking more into thus sulphur deficiency stuff and wondering if I just might? since it mentions new growth. Off to do more research!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi MJ welcome to the farm I hope you enjoy the site and some of the characters that show up from time to time ... best regards OD .

Latest posts

Top Bottom