That Leeroy

• Thread starter Irie Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

Anyone out there running any LeeRoy from Rare Dankness? Just popped one and looking for some feedback and maybe a little strain specific advice. Thanks in advance, Irie Farmer.

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

Not running it...but what type of advice were you hoping for?
Is it a heavy feeder as I suspect? Does it do well with LST super cropping or just lollipoping and topping? I am familiar with most of the genetics specifically the Triangle Kush which is very hard to come by but definitely worth the small yield and it being a bit finicky. The TK is by far the best of the best but not a heavy feeder and I also wonder how much variation there is in the Lee Roy. Is it something I might be able to pheno hunt a TK or am I going to end up with a mono crop with very stabilized genetics? I just know that it is Triangle Kush X RD 2. Scott's Og on the other hand is triple bred Triangle Kush so I will definitely be running some of that along with some of his other gear in the future. Best, Irie.

B

Burned Haze

I have the seeds but have not tried it or never knew anyone, But TK by itself like stated above is a low feeder but produces med-fair if treated right in a SROG ( like wifi imo )

If it was me I would feed light-mid all the way through and watch it heavily ( our community of cannabis overfeeds? seems so)

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

I have the seeds but have not tried it or never knew anyone, But TK by itself like stated above is a low feeder but produces med-fair if treated right in a SROG ( like wifi imo )

If it was me I would feed light-mid all the way through and watch it heavily ( our community of cannabis overfeeds? seems so)
I usually don't go over 750ppm with most strains but have a few that really thrive around 1200, big difference I know. I have started at 1/4 strength and just did a foliar feed at 1/2 but she looks like she wants more. Going to give her a week and go from there but definitely likes to eat more than the TK. Thanks for your input, Irie.

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

Why have you waited to run it? Just curious because by all accounts it's a great strain and I've had the pleasure of partaking with her once and would have to say that it's definitely up there with the TK and that's a lot of praise from someone from the home of the TK and I think it's as good as any OG out there and better than most. Not the easiest to get a hold of or to grow and not a big yielder compared to other strains I have but definitely at the top as far as connoisseur smoke imho. Best, Irie.

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

And yes o

And yes, I most definitely agree that most people tend to over feed in general and I think it's a lot to do with the fert companies feed charts and the higher consumption leads to more products being used and again more products to try to fix problems from over feeding, a vicious cycle indeed and I think it's the biggest mistake besides overwatering in the community. Using a ppm meter and a chart of my own it's very easy for me to dial in a strain with any nutes on the market at this point. There's always a little learning curve with every new strain but she will tell you what she wants and likes if you pay attention as you stated.

N

nightmarecreature

The real Triangle Kush is by no means a light feeder and it enjoys intense light. Thought I would give you a heads up.

Junk

Junk

I usually don't go over 750ppm with most strains but have a few that really thrive around 1200, big difference I know. I have started at 1/4 strength and just did a foliar feed at 1/2 but she looks like she wants more. Going to give her a week and go from there but definitely likes to eat more than the TK. Thanks for your input, Irie.

In hydro, all but one plant that I'm running right now thrives at 1700.

It's my wallet that doesn't.

Last edited:
zeke

zeke

Excellent strain guys. Really nice light green color and excellent OG-esque awesomeness. I wouldn't expect a large per plant yield but they would probably do great crammed in a bed. Rare Dankness is a fairly solid company as far as OG regs from seed goes. Funny how they got the TK line to perform better than Swamp Boys. After listening to the whole Cornbread interview on the Adum Dunn show its not hard to see why.

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

The real Triangle Kush is by no means a light feeder and it enjoys intense light. Thought I would give you a heads up.
IME it doesn't like to get over 750ppm in soil if you like to feed frequently thus pushing it to it's nutritional limits indoors is very easy and needs a little restraint because the real TK as you put it is NOT a big producer and most people try to push her beyond her sweet spot to get more yield. I have run this strain and the Micanopy Madness exclusively for years and I can feed the MM nearly twice as much and have no ill effects. Once I fed a TK nutes I had mixed for the MM and had severe burning from nutrient toxicity and it never really recovered yielding only 2 zips in a 7 gal pot . Lessons are sometimes learned the hard way unfortunately. I know that people try to pass things off as TK but once you are familiar with the real thing it would be hard to be fooled. It's personally in my top 3 strains, but not necessarily to grow. I've heard that Scott's Og is a better yielder and the smoke is definitely TK esque but still not the same as the original clone only Fl strain. Best, Irie.

N

nightmarecreature

The TK is a real freak pheno, the potency is just not passed on in seeds or S1's. Many have tried, atleast not the potency that the mom has.

The low yield on the TK is due to several sick cuts of it going around.
The healthy cut of the TK is actually a good yielder, getting 5-8 zips per plant in 3 gallon pots, pushing over 2000 ppm in flower. The TK can eat.

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

The TK is a real freak pheno, the potency is just not passed on in seeds or S1's. Many have tried, atleast not the potency that the mom has.

The low yield on the TK is due to several sick cuts of it going around.
The healthy cut of the TK is actually a good yielder, getting 5-8 zips per plant in 3 gallon pots, pushing over 2000 ppm in flower. The TK can eat.
Well considering that the true "mom" would be 20 plus years old I'd say that anyone running TK is many generations from the mother. As far as sick cuts going around I wouldn't have any experience to speak to that. I know the cut that I have run is the same as many others in my area where she's from. Her genetics are unknown but it's rumored to be the original OG and shipped out west many years ago. I know some surfers who've been running the same cut for over 20 years and their stock is quite healthy and potent. I know that Scott or Moonshine has the same cut I speak of and as for breeders he's probably worked it more extensively than any other well known breeder and his RD#1 is stacked with its genes. As far as passing them it is less likely only for the fact that plants have twice as many chromosomes as animals but once you start stacking the genes that tight you're going to get some of the traits in the progeny and I'm sure he knows what to look for. He's done quite well with his RD#1 offspring to be sure. Just check out his creations using it, too many to list and I'm sure it's one of his most prized plants just going by how much it's been involved in his breeding stable. As for the Scott's Og it's safe to gamble on strong TK genetics just with in a 10 pack but I can't tell you if it's as good as the original because I've never run them but I plan to. As for the yield of the Scott's Og it's one of the lesser yielding strains he has but definitely one of more potent and he pushes the envelope in the potency department. Honestly I would run most all of his gear and really think he's become one of the top breeders and I think it's in big part to his RD#1 and I think he would say the same. The TK isn't well known outside of the connoisseur community but those that do know her love her. I will say that 2,000ppm is a lot in a 3gal container and if you can push anything that hard in such a small pot kudos to you. Are you using soil? And what nutes are you using if you don't mind? Thanks, Irie.

N

nightmarecreature

I ran 27 packs of different RD beans. No keepers, its been the same with Cali Connect, Loompas seeds and many other breeders. I no longer run seeds anymore, I only run clone only cuts. These elite clones are elite for a reason, the potency just doesnt get passed on, they are freak cuts. All these seed finds are not even close, no matter how much you backcross. Even if you you S1 the TK, its lost.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

26 packs and no keepers?you must have an extremely high standard.i consider myself to have a fairly high standard too but coz we dont have much cuts about here except cheese its hard to get a grip on whats considered good by other experienced growers of conisuer quality so although i do agree most seed co,s are pretty crap and dont produce many if any keepers but i didnt find that with loompas gear not that iv ran loads o that either but all the females i did get were very high quality imo and a load if other members thought so too.but iv not got access to all these elite og cuts although tk would be top of my list.however i did get the gg4 cut and i felt what i got from some of my bodhi beans is better.although i know it didnt perform for me the way iv seen other people run it.iv also just popped some tk x snow lotus from Bodhi.lookin forward to em.

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

I ran 27 packs of different RD beans. No keepers, its been the same with Cali Connect, Loompas seeds and many other breeders. I no longer run seeds anymore, I only run clone only cuts. These elite clones are elite for a reason, the potency just doesnt get passed on, they are freak cuts. All these seed finds are not even close, no matter how much you backcross. Even if you you S1 the TK, its lost.
270 beans from Moonshine and NOTHING? I don't have much experience with RD gear, just now growing some Lee Roy and it's got a really dank smell that started after only a few weeks from seed. I have had great keepers from Loompa, Soma, Bodhi, Shantibaba, Og Rascal and many more. I have a very high standard as well but have had no problems finding great seed stock and will continue to pop beans rather than take cuts in most situations because there is so many great beans to be had now versus back in the 90's and unless you go to someone's garden and get the cut yourself you are taking a gamble on the genetics just the same and you are also inviting pests and diseases into your own garden. I only wish I had more room to keep all of the great stuff I have found in the last two decades from beans and cuts. I also know from the breedings I've done myself that the potency does get passed on and back crossing isn't always the best way. I have had great success using IBL to achieve the traits that I'm looking for in a certain lineage. I just don't have the time or space to do much breeding anymore but I still run a few strains that I have bred. Mendelian Genetics is the key and is proven that traits of all species get passed down it's just up to you to put in the work and time to grow out hundreds or beans to find the exceptional traits you are looking for. I would take a nice LeeRoy male and pollinate a TK cut for example and I assure you that within a few dozen beans there would be many keepers just due to the fact that the genetics are there and line breeding them will yield you something fantastic that know one else has but is much better than the averages. I just let the breeders do there thing and have had good luck with packs of 10 and 12 and have found it to be much less painstaking work now and a lot less space and time is needed.

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

26 packs and no keepers?you must have an extremely high standard.i consider myself to have a fairly high standard too but coz we dont have much cuts about here except cheese its hard to get a grip on whats considered good by other experienced growers of conisuer quality so although i do agree most seed co,s are pretty crap and dont produce many if any keepers but i didnt find that with loompas gear not that iv ran loads o that either but all the females i did get were very high quality imo and a load if other members thought so too.but iv not got access to all these elite og cuts although tk would be top of my list.however i did get the gg4 cut and i felt what i got from some of my bodhi beans is better.although i know it didnt perform for me the way iv seen other people run it.iv also just popped some tk x snow lotus from Bodhi.lookin forward to em.
Bodhi is fantastic and he also seems to get great gear from the TK cut and on it's own the Snow Lotus is something to behold. I'd love to hear how that turns out for you as I've wanted to run that strain for a few years now. Best, Irie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom