thats it coco here i come

• Thread starter mrduke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrduke

after years of growing in hydroton i made a switch to beds filled with sunshine mix, in search of a better final product. Well that didnt work one round turned out about average while a nother was almost a complete loss do to root rot. So i am coming to the wolrd of coco. I have 2 4x6 trays which i plan on putting 15, 2 gallon pots per tray. i just picked up 4 bags of readygro airation mix. i have enought AN nutes to get about a month thru bloom but would rather not buy any more. So what i need from you'll is recomendations on how many times a day to flood and with what nutes? I'm looking to save some coin on nutes sence i lost out on the last cycles income.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Saving some coin on nutes starts with not buying AN. I'm a DTW gal, did flooding last grow but always with fresh nutes. I used a combination of Floranova Bloom and Fox Farms Big Bloom + supplemental Ca and Mg, little extra molasses and silica for good measure. When I did the flooding I'd leave it for a few hours, and then I wouldn't have to flood again for 2-4 days. Doing DTW feeding is a daily thing, especially because I use 1gal pots, which obviously dry out much faster.

I'd get FNB and use that at a rate of 3-5mls/gal (unless the ladies tell you otherwise, best to listen to them) in combination with the Fox Farms Big Bloom.

OGONLY

OGONLY

You are much better going drain to waste top drip or top feed in coco IMO. With flood and drain the plant pulls water in, therefore no draining properties. Because of this salt build up is much more of an issue with flood and drain.

Drain to waste (DTW) the water is being fed top to bottom. Therefore a natural flushing is occuring with each watering. The salts that had accumulated from the previous watering are flushed out when you water to run off.

I use GH Flora bloom and flora micro as a base. They are inexpensive, effective and very easy to use. I do use some AN products because I get great results with them. I use Big Bud and Overdrive. 1 gallon of each lasts me 3 grows. I run 2 1k lights.

M

mrduke

what are your thoughts on doing top feed recirculating? I'm just not availible to mix nutes and water every day or two. Or maybe just flushing once every week or two?

OGONLY

OGONLY

what are your thoughts on doing top feed recirculating? I'm just not availible to mix nutes and water every day or two. Or maybe just flushing once every week or two?

Recirc would work. Just keep an eye out for large PH swings. If it were me I'd test and adjust the water PH each time before watering.

F

Feroce

I prefer DTW with coco, and check out the CNS17 line of nutes. About half the price of most of the competitors and works very well indeed.

Ever after

Ever after

canna COCO A + B . and get pk 13/14. if you dont have the money for canna boost its cool. does work really well though getting a 250ml of the canna boost is great.

dont bubble your water much. and you can deff do recirculating. just make sure you do NOT bubble the water too much 1 hour a day is nice... because that will change the surface area of the water and could mess with the nutrients.

big ph swings ????? um ever heard of ph buffers? please dont diss a system unless you actually know it. your cool but cmon brah! we are helping people here 'helping' not pushing. :icon_animal26:

it seems as if it doesnt have enough pk but really ! its perfect because coco actually will release potassium during week 3 of flower...:cool0041:

if you flush your plants with a decent amount of water every week or every 2 weeks you will never see any salt build up... also using drip clean*** drip clean is cool its by house and garden will really help.. BUT YOU MUST ALWAYS USE DRIP CLEAN FROM CLONE START TO FINISH.. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE IT.... OR IT WILL SHOCK YOUR SHIT. IT WILL STRIP THE SALTS FASTER THAN ITS USED TO.....UNLESS IT STARTS WITH IT.
using smart pots no bigger than 3's is perfect for the trays. i do 6 3's of the white fire and its awesome! they get really big and never get salt build up. the smart pots will help you know if you even have salt build up or not.
1) canna COCO A+B.
2) canna boost
3) drip clean
4) some kind of $$ 'roots accel' product
5) ONLY *raw* blue Agave 8ml/gallon max! tried this for 3 years now it gets kinda funky at higher amounts. or a 3ml agave & 2ml black strap for 2 weeks.... then 2 days agave @ 2ml. then 5 days low ppm water not ph'd
6)2-3 week flush.

after!

biggest ph swing I have seen was from 5.8 to 6.5... ahah is that big? thats after like 10 days of letting go. go canna. just dont use tap water.

OGONLY

OGONLY

canna COCO A + B . and get pk 13/14. if you dont have the money for canna boost its cool. does work really well though getting a 250ml of the canna boost is great.

dont bubble your water much. and you can deff do recirculating. just make sure you do NOT bubble the water too much 1 hour a day is nice... because that will change the surface area of the water and could mess with the nutrients.

big ph swings ????? um ever heard of ph buffers? please dont diss a system unless you actually know it. your cool but cmon brah! we are helping people here 'helping' not pushing. :icon_animal26:

it seems as if it doesnt have enough pk but really ! its perfect because coco actually will release potassium during week 3 of flower...:cool0041:

if you flush your plants with a decent amount of water every week or every 2 weeks you will never see any salt build up... also using drip clean*** drip clean is cool its by house and garden will really help.. BUT YOU MUST ALWAYS USE DRIP CLEAN FROM CLONE START TO FINISH.. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE IT.... OR IT WILL SHOCK YOUR SHIT. IT WILL STRIP THE SALTS FASTER THAN ITS USED TO.....UNLESS IT STARTS WITH IT.
using smart pots no bigger than 3's is perfect for the trays. i do 6 3's of the white fire and its awesome! they get really big and never get salt build up. the smart pots will help you know if you even have salt build up or not.
1) canna COCO A+B.
2) canna boost
3) drip clean
4) some kind of $$ 'roots accel' product
5) ONLY *raw* blue Agave 8ml/gallon max! tried this for 3 years now it gets kinda funky at higher amounts. or a 3ml agave & 2ml black strap for 2 weeks.... then 2 days agave @ 2ml. then 5 days low ppm water not ph'd
6)2-3 week flush.

after!

biggest ph swing I have seen was from 5.8 to 6.5... ahah is that big? thats after like 10 days of letting go. go canna. just dont use tap water.

Don't diss a system unless I know one. I ran a recirculating system for my first 3 runs in hydro. I didn't diss recirc, I simply pointed out something I observed on a regular occasion. Not going to have a pissing match with you "brah", but certain base nutes are less stable than others and PH fluctuation is well known in recirc. I've seen it go between 4.5 and 6.8. I used Tradewinds SBA/SBB with great results the first 2 runs. The reason I changed base nutes was it was notoriously unstable PH wise in a recirculating system.

Any if you don't think I'm trying to help, why would I have recommended checking the PH each time before letting the pumps let water flow over his medium? I want to make sure he understands PH could be out of the sweet spot. If you know coco you know the sweet spot is very small, I like to keep it at 5.8 every feeding but others say don't go beyond 6 or you're asking for trouble. My plants always look perfect at 5.8, so I don't "take advantage" of PH swings for optimal uptake.

And no you don't have to use Drip Clean every watering LOL! I use it on and off and have been for a year, NEVER had any issues.

Don't profess to be a know it all dude, you don't.

Ever after

Ever after

dude "at least" I have something good to say........ "at least I have something to say" and something to share.....

WHY HATE someone who does their own shit and does it well and knows it well. GROW UP

I never said I knew it all. Helping people is not a bad thing anyone against helping people I feel should be banned from thcfarmer.

see dude now you ruined this sweet thread talking trash and copy and pasting my post. DO you copy and paste alot is it habit for you? LOL

OGONLY

OGONLY

"WHY HATE someone who does their own shit and does it well and knows it well. GROW UP"

Felt the need to copy and paste something lol. Hey man I'm all about helping people. More than half of the posts I have on here are posts where I amtrying to help someone.

Before you go out there and belittle someone's growing knowledge, you should back up your claims "bruh".

You said, "haven't you ever heard of PH buffers?" Ok, well why don't you explain to me your philosophy on PH buffers bruh.

And how will bubbling too much change the surface area of the water? That is a pretty lame statement bruh, doesn't even make sense. I bubbled 24 hours striaght 24/7 in recirc and had 0 issues.

Not trying to hate Ever After. It just sounds to me like you are a reletive newby trying to come off like a know it all.

Next will be a post by you about how you've been growing for 20 years in every possible medium. You still think that bubbling water too much changes the surface area so who cares how long you been growing lol.

K

kes5480

Thanks guys!!! now this thread is fucked....

WE should stay on track with the original post....:sign0065:

yea yea yea everybody thinks they know everything......no one knows it all, we are on this site 2 HELP EACH OTHER......hello, notice how I dont single anyone out.

I LOVE EVERYONE.....now lets get down 2 buisness, stop the B.S.:sweating

M

mrduke

THANKS KES.
I picked up some readygro airation mix the other day and it says on the bag can be water 4-6 times a day, anyone use this and water that much seems like wat to much for a 60/40 coco/perlite mix ??? i was thinking of flooding like 3x a light cycle

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I prefer DTW with coco, and check out the CNS17 line of nutes. About half the price of most of the competitors and works very well indeed.

I would agree. So far the CNS17 is great. Plants look awesome. Simple as humanly possible with one ingredient. Perfect for anybody who wants to keep things simple.

dont bubble your water much.

big ph swings ?????

using smart pots no bigger than 3's is perfect for the trays.

just dont use tap water.

I have used the canna. Great results, but a lotta different ingredients and pretty damn expensive. If you're gonna run canna, then I would suggest using all of their products, and following their feeding schedule for medium strength coco feed. I think what you are saying about the bubbling your nutes is that the canna is alive with microbial life, and the air speeds up the bloom (microbes in the nute tank) and you get some fallout. That is one of my only problems with the canna. You need to use it up in a few days or it starts growing on you. The PH for me slowly raises from 5.8 by a point or two a day (not with the CNS17, same PH for 6 days running). That is on DTW, so there is no recirculation to blame for that. Just what is in the nutes. The drip clean should be run either 100% or not. It is true that you can get shock if you cut it out all of the sudden. Think about it. The drip clean lets the nutes "slide off" the media and roots better, so there is less salts that can build up. That also allows for a higher ppm level in the nutes, without shocking the plant. THe problem lies within when you feed them that same strength, and it now sits in the media and root ball more, in effect raising the effective concentration of your nutes. As far as flushing goes, I found I ran best with the canna line (with drip clean) with NO flushes. I flushed more in the beginning of flower, and it rewarded me with nute deficiencies. This run in flower, NO flush with the canna, as well as the CNS17 so far. Plants look fantastic. Always keep a close eye on your plants, and listen (look) carefully to their needs. They will tell you if it is right. The 3 gal smart pots are sweet. Great suggestion there. Yep, no on the tap. RO with CaMg, till after week 4 of flower, then cut the CaMg.

Thanks guys!!! now this thread is fucked....

WE should stay on track with the original post....:sign0065:

yea yea yea everybody thinks they know everything......no one knows it all, we are on this site 2 HELP EACH OTHER......hello, notice how I dont single anyone out.

I LOVE EVERYONE.....now lets get down 2 buisness, stop the B.S.:sweating

Thanks man. I agree quibbling is for kids. We are all adults here, and let's lear together. We are just bouncing out ideas and experiences off each other, in the name of furthering the science of canna cultivation. I have many beliefs in growing, but I only know what I have found from my own experiences.

THANKS KES.
I picked up some readygro airation mix the other day and it says on the bag can be water 4-6 times a day, anyone use this and water that much seems like wat to much for a 60/40 coco/perlite mix ??? i was thinking of flooding like 3x a light cycle

I would still say try the drip to waste, especially being newer at the coco thing. If you are dead set on ebb and flow, check out what motherlode has set up for his. He is a successful farmer here with that style in coco.

Best of luck there mrduke. Pay close attention to your girls and you will do fine.

-TF

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

I have also just started using coco recirc in an ebb and flow. I like the smart pot idea. I am also using drip clean with botanicare pbp line with LA Conf.

P

potgutz

ive only ever used coco and alwas been happy top feed every 3/4 hours and i go 2 min, one min, two min etc also its a good idea to mix in some dolomite lime i used a good handful to 30 litres GL with it and obviously with coco no feeding when the lights are off laterz

Ever after

Ever after

dude! og!!! umm they are chemicals that when they get to a certain ph they will turn in to a different chemical and adjust the ph for you... there are ph buffers in many different kinds of nutrients but you have to find the good quality nutrients that have the good buffers ive found all the canna stuff to have good buffers If you use R/o water... heavy 16 also has some high quality buffers but that stuff is batch specific and its micro brewed so not every batch is from the same location..... or same equipment..... its also not really made for coco but works. adding additives can and will most likely off set or mess up the buffer chemicals. some of these chemicals bond to others easily and you have to watch out for what you mix because its not always PC in a chemistry sense. Og only .. I dont use anything organic besides maybe agave and some blackstrap. but thats at the end when im not worried about the ph as much.

if you add additives after adding your base nutrient you will most likely mess with your ph buffers. adding additives up to 28% and then adding your base nutrient like canna coco on top keeps my ph in check but if I add stuff after my canna coco I get swings!!!!!!!!!!

some persons are just trying to get relief and get high and not looking for proof but for hope and information. because you dont have to go by anyones book.

watch out for the fact canna coco does not have any iron in it.

oh and im sorry but canna rep's have told me to not bubble my water at all.:fighting0085:

Top Bottom