Thc Content In Motherplant (growth Phase)

• Thread starter Pepe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pepe

Hi growers, im searching some information to find out if plants in growth phase have some thc content. I In my country its not legal to grow plants with more than 0,3% thc and i want to establish some motherplants, to spread some cutings. So i would like to know if ill be in safe with motherplants, or not.
I tried to find some laboratory to make tests, but it is not possible here.

N

Nog

They will have a small amount of thc, but if they are in vegetative growth then the ratio of thc to leaf will be low.

If they were flowering, especially later in flower, then the ratio of thc to leaf matter would be higher.

So if they grab a leaf and test it for thc, the percentage of thc to plant matter would be low.

It might still be more than 0.3% though, I don't know.
Basically the laws you have seem designed to legalise industrial hemp while criminalising the production of drug cannabis.

I think your police would realise what you were growing was not industrial hemp, but whether they would test it I don't know.
You would know better than me what they are like when it comes to weed.

P

Pepe

They will have a small amount of thc, but if they are in vegetative growth then the ratio of thc to leaf will be low.

If they were flowering, especially later in flower, then the ratio of thc to leaf matter would be higher.

So if they grab a leaf and test it for thc, the percentage of thc to plant matter would be low.

It might still be more than 0.3% though, I don't know.
Basically the laws you have seem designed to legalise industrial hemp while criminalising the production of drug cannabis.

I think your police would realise what you were growing was not industrial hemp, but whether they would test it I don't know.
You would know better than me what they are like when it comes to weed.

Yes laws we have are made to legalise industrial hemp, but now we are legalizeing medical marihuana, for medical use. But it is in begining and still hard oppression aginst users and growers.
On the other side we have growshops here for more then 10yrs and seed banks also, so i see cuttings as a step further :)

So it looks like i have to find some undeground lab. to test thc contetent accurately.

N

Nog

Best just to make sure you don't get caught.

You say you are going to make cuttings and spread them, I don't know if you mean sell them or give them away, but from a security viewpoint it is all the same; it means that a lot of people are going to know you are growing.

And the number one rule is to let no-one know you are growing.

What you are doing is more dangerous than selling buds, as with buds you can tell people that you get them from someone else, but with cuttings they are going to know or suspect you are growing plants.

Sounds too risky; let people who want to grow buy seeds from a seedbank.
Plus if you do find some drug cannabis strains with less than 0.3% thc then people may not want cuttings from them; they may prefer to grow something more potent from seeds they got from a seedbank.

I suggest abandon that idea.

P

Pepe

Thanks for your concern, but i know what im doing . Im comunicating with lawyer and i need to be sure for 100% that it is legal as seeds before i do it. I want to do it as a legal bussines and if its not possible than i have to abondom that idea. I still belive that thc content in growth phase is much lower than in bloom. And that this difference is really significant. And i still hope that it would be somewhere to 0,3% even if mature plant have close to 20%thc.
But it is still only my belief and i have to find out the truth, so im asking here if someone knows.
What encourages me is that in neighbours country Austria exists growshop selling cuttings for more than decade without problems.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Thanks for your concern, but i know what im doing . Im comunicating with lawyer and i need to be sure for 100% that it is legal as seeds before i do it. I want to do it as a legal bussines and if its not possible than i have to abondom that idea. I still belive that thc content in growth phase is much lower than in bloom. And that this difference is really significant. And i still hope that it would be somewhere to 0,3% even if mature plant have close to 20%thc.
But it is still only my belief and i have to find out the truth, so im asking here if someone knows.
What encourages me is that in neighbours country Austria exists growshop selling cuttings for more than decade without problems.

Actually the first guy that came up with this same idea in Austria in now millionaire. The law here is a bit weird. You can actually grow the plant until it's finished but you're not allowed to remove the bud from that plant. Even though the plant has high comtent of thc it is in that case still considered as ornamental. There is cannabis embassy in Vienna where you can see the flowering/finished plants, you can also take a sniff. They do collect the finished plants after harvest under police supervision and burn them, but still.

Where are you from anyways. Might be wiser to move to Austria just like some guys from Slovenia did recently because of the law there.

N

Nog

0.3% thc is not much, that's less than half of one percent.

I'm thinking that plants with less than 0.3% thc, even in veg., may not be worth growing.
They will in effect be industrial hemp.

I mean it's like you are doing the opposite of everyone else, they are all trying to breed stronger weed, and you are trying for low potency weed like hemp.

P

Pepe

Actually the first guy that came up with this same idea in Austria in now millionaire. The law here is a bit weird. You can actually grow the plant until it's finished but you're not allowed to remove the bud from that plant. Even though the plant has high comtent of thc it is in that case still considered as ornamental. There is cannabis embassy in Vienna where you can see the flowering/finished plants, you can also take a sniff. They do collect the finished plants after harvest under police supervision and burn them, but still.

Where are you from anyways. Might be wiser to move to Austria just like some guys from Slovenia did recently because of the law there.

I cant move, have family already. Im from country with telephone preselection 420 :D Czech rep.

P

Pepe

0.3% thc is not much, that's less than half of one percent.

I'm thinking that plants with less than 0.3% thc, even in veg., may not be worth growing.
They will in effect be industrial hemp.

I mean it's like you are doing the opposite of everyone else, they are all trying to breed stronger weed, and you are trying for low potency weed like hemp.

Im not serching for pant with low thc percentage thc in bloom phase, im searching info about content of thc in growth phase and hoping that it would be lower than 0,3% . It seems logical to me, that thc develops in flowers/buds, not in leaves. But who knows.
Yesterday i send this question to greenhouseseeds labs, so i belive they should know more about it. Ill post here what they told me later.

N

Nog

I have smoked leaves off plants, and got a bit off it, so there must be some cannaboids in leaf.

I haven't smoked hemp, but people who have say if doesn't get you high, just gives you a headache.

But obviously plants will differ in how much thc they have in veg. They will differ between strains and also between individual plants.

P

Pepe

I have smoked leaves off plants, and got a bit off it, so there must be some cannaboids in leaf.

I haven't smoked hemp, but people who have say if doesn't get you high, just gives you a headache.

But obviously plants will differ in how much thc they have in veg. They will differ between strains and also between individual plants.
Have you smoked leaves, taken from plants in growth phase and got bit of it?

N

Nog

Have you smoked leaves, taken from plants in growth phase and got bit of it?

Yeah, it's not like smoking buds, but you get something off it. Tastes horrible though, very full of chlorophyll.

P

Pepe

So this is answer fromm greenhouseseeds labs. And its great for me. :D

Plants produce THC when they flower, so in the vegetative stage there is no THC in the plant, however this does not mean that it's legal to grow them. Therefore you should check your local laws.

P

Pepe

Yeah, it's not like smoking buds, but you get something off it. Tastes horrible though, very full of chlorophyll.
Looks like you were high just becaues of placebo efekt :) .
Greenshouseseeds send me this answer :
Plants produce THC when they flower, so in the vegetative stage there is no THC in the plant, however this does not mean that it's legal to grow them. Therefore you should check your local laws.

N

Nog

No, you can definately get something off leaf; the fan leaves don't have much, it's the smaller leaves that have some potency.

I would still keep your clone producing secret, as if you do get busted and they test the plants you might find out Greenhouse Seeds were wrong.

But it sounds like your laws are designed to make growing drug cannabis illegal, and so whatever the thc content, they might say they are not hemp plants, they are drug cannabis.

They might base this off the names of the plants, for example if you are selling White Widow or Skunk clones, then they may say that's evidence you are selling drug cannabis, not hemp.

Good luck anyway, but I would still keep it secret, I wouldn't openly advertise what you are selling.

P

Pepe

No, you can definately get something off leaf; the fan leaves don't have much, it's the smaller leaves that have some potency.

I would still keep your clone producing secret, as if you do get busted and they test the plants you might find out Greenhouse Seeds were wrong.

But it sounds like your laws are designed to make growing drug cannabis illegal, and so whatever the thc content, they might say they are not hemp plants, they are drug cannabis.

They might base this off the names of the plants, for example if you are selling White Widow or Skunk clones, then they may say that's evidence you are selling drug cannabis, not hemp.

Good luck anyway, but I would still keep it secret, I wouldn't openly advertise what you are selling.
Thanks for your opinion. As for now im finding out with my lawyer what i can do and what i cant.

Top Bottom